You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Master Cash Edition # 2.

Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,819
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

Saturday evening sees the second episode, Live, of Master Cash.

We were really grateful for all the feedback last week, & it's fair to say, we think we will do better this week.

I was a bit flippant at the top of the Show, & many thought Rich Orford's first 5 minutes was up to his very best, though it's fair to say, once he turned on his microphone, 5 minutes in, things went downhill.

Anyway, we've worked pretty hard this week to put a few tweaks in, led by Producer 'Ling, & we are pretty sure this week's show will be that bit better.

We may run another Show-related Comp, as we did last week, but I need to ask 'Ling first. I note there is a Sky Poker Baseball cap, T-Polo Shirt, & some Pens on her desk, so we may persuade her to give those as a little prize. If so, a Question will appear on this Thread early tomorrow afternoon.

We will be taking hands in as near to real-time as we can from the "Master Cash" labelled  Tables in the Cash Lobby. I hope they will all be at the top of the Lobby come Saturday afternoon. So if you wanna be featured, book a seat, & it might be youuuuuuuuuu.

We will also need your e-Mails - the Live Shows work much better if you interact, so get them in soonest please. The addy is.... 

skyopen@bskyb.com

I will be putting up, as we did last week, three "Test" hands shortly, & we hope you will vote on them. Last week, remarkably, despite many people thinking each hand was a no-brainer, the Voting was split almost equally three ways. Nothing wrong with that, it's a game of opinions.

I hope you reply on the Test Threads - it's all about swapping opinions, learning from each other, & improving our games.

The standard on Sky Poker gets constantly berated, but we ain't doing too bad - our record in Vegas shows that - so we all need to help the less experienced players up their game, these are our seedcorn for future years, & there's something for the intermediate players as well as the NoseBleed Boys, too.

Keep the feedback coming.

Thanks, from 'Ling, Rich & myself.

Master Cash, Episode 2, Live, 8pm - 11pm, Saturday, Channel 865.

Comments

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited November 2009
    wohooooo! welcome to my world :) hope i can get on tv, only reason i signed up ages ago!  :)

love the master cash show, brilliant!

DOHH

• Options
    edited November 2009

Miss "She Who Must Be Obeyed 'Ling" has given us a BaseBall Cap & a Sky Poker Polo Shirt & a few Sky Poken Pens.

So here's the coup.

Best e-mail in HOUR ONE gets the Sky Poker Cap, & Pen.

Best e-Mail in HOUR TWO gets the Sky Poker Polo Shirt & Pen.

By "best", we are really looking for interesting  (but brief!) Hand Analysis, feedback, or what Master Cash has got across well - what you have learned to do - or not do!

ANY mention of Team Orford - except in an insulting vein - will be disqualified.

The e-addy is.....  skyopen@bskyb.com

• Options
    Sky_LingSky_Ling Member Posts: 317
    edited November 2009
    This thread needs more love...... BUMP
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,169
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Master Cash Edition # 2.:
    This thread needs more love...... BUMP
    Posted by Sky_Ling
    I can't speak... I'm star-struck. A real poker champion has posted in this thread :)

• Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited November 2009
    Good luck with the show tonight, was gonna play but considering I've been rivered today about 10 times for 1k of pots, bringing me to 4.2k below expectation for the week, I'm gonna block myself for the day and go to the pub instead tonight.

I hate poker tbf.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    bringing me to 4.2k below expectation for the week
    Posted by scotty77
    I'm about £50k below expectation for the week....

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Master Cash Edition # 2. : I'm about £50k below expectation for the week....
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    As we all are
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Master Cash Edition # 2. : I can't speak... I'm star-struck. A real poker champion has posted in this thread :)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Thank you, thank you.

Orford, master of Naff-All & King of the Donkers, has just wandered into the Office. Never even said hello!
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    It's bad form to speak to the staff immediately upon one's arrival. If sure you'll be summoned at some point.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Master Cash Edition # 2. : Thank you, thank you. Orford, master of Naff-All & King of the Donkers, has just wandered into the Office. Never even said hello!
    Posted by Tikay10
    You know full well I was talking about 'Ling! :-) lol

• Options
    edited November 2009
    It's bad form to speak to the staff immediately upon one's arrival. If sure you'll be summoned at some point.
    Posted by elsadog
    Staff? STAFF? Excuse me, I'm TALENT.

He's had me running round doing his research, asking me how to log-on to his PC, all sorts.

But I've sent down a curve-ball which has whooshed him, & with any luck, he's gonna make a right fool of himself tonight when he reads out the correct info. The wrong correct info.....
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    Flicked this on a few times last week....how is it different to Cash Unlimited?....is it the LIVE factor??
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Flicked this on a few times last week....how is it different to Cash Unlimited?....is it the LIVE factor??
    Posted by diablo_pez
    I think Cash Unlimited emphases the Entertainment side more, with the emphasis towards Education in Master Cash, the latter also being more structured. We have a set "Show" for each of the three hours, each hour at different Levels & majoring on certain things, &, we hope, the three hour Show can be broken into three x 1 hour stand-alone Shows.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    Is there scope to literally show a table for 30 mins - boring hand and all so table dynamics can be looked at?
  • Options
    edited November 2009

MYP 3....

Firstly I cannot believe both players checked the turn. One or the other surely has to bet. I bet big myself, and win the pot there and then. Having made the mistake of checking, Im left with a horrible decision. The check on the turn from the other guy makes me more inclined to call, as he could be shoving with any of 2 missed flush draws, or be convinced his 10s or jacks are good, as 'i' checked the turn.

Betting the turn is key to the hand, as it tells me so much about the opponents hand!

Having got myself in a mess in the hand, I fold on the river as I have no idea where I am, and the method is to fold when this is the case, and make sure I know where I am in the next one!. If he shows a bluff, It just goes to show that aggression always pays!

DOHH

• Options
    CFC1991CFC1991 Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2009
    Hi i was just on the 0.50/£1 master cash 11 table and i got A Q of hearts on the button so i raised 4x to £5 i was then re raised to £20 by bombdog the flop came A high with 2 spades i honestly didnt put him on 2 spades so he raised £30 so i re raised all in cards are turned and he has 8 9 of spades and ends up with straight flush i am just curious how he can raise to £20 with just the 8 and the 9 of spades when willingly by my raise it shows i have something big either an A or a pocket pair
  • Options
    MajjMajj Member Posts: 99
    edited November 2009
    Cheers Tikay for getting the name right, I'd expect no less from my prestigious team leader.

In fairness I got myself in a right mess registering - My go-to names are Majalo or Maj, I put my username as Majalo so I couldn't use it as my display name. Maj was too short. Sigh.
  • Options
    edited November 2009

Nooooo.....I fold! My instincts say call, my scrambled brain in the end folds as it has realised it has made the mistake of not betting the turn, or even re raising the flop. Cut my losses, let the bloke have his moment, show the bluff, then play the nuts the same way next time and snap him ;)

DOHH
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Master Cash Edition # 2. : I think Cash Unlimited emphases the Entertainment side more, with the emphasis towards Education in Master Cash, the latter also being more structured. We have a set "Show" for each of the three hours, each hour at different Levels & majoring on certain things, &, we hope, the three hour Show can be broken into three x 1 hour stand-alone Shows.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Ok, thanks Tikay
  • Options
    LMLLML Member Posts: 1,708
    edited November 2009
    Posted by elsadog

I know I shouldn't have laughed at this...But I did.

Sorry Boss.