You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£50,000 GTD

freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
i have seen sky is trying to get more and bigger mtt's going, how about every 3 months or so have a 50k GTD,
if satellites where put in place with a semi once a week on a sunday night i dont seen any probs with it meeting the GTD, we have seen that £110 is too much for people to pay so the buy in would have to be around the £70 mark.
can sky do this? plz leave ur thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    i dont think theres enough people to make this sort of thing profitable for sky, i know i cant afford to be entering these sort of tournaments.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited November 2009
    TO GET IT TO WORK YOU WOULD NEED 700 ENTRANTS AT £70 WHICH EVEN WITH SATTELITES I CAN SEE HAPPENING.
    PEOPLE ON HERE ARENT GOING TO PAY 15 QUID TO SATTELITE I THINK SKY HAVE AIMED THIS SITE VERY MUCH TO A MARKET WELL BELOW THAT LEVEL THERE ARE MANY OTHER SIGHTS THAT CATER FOR THESE LEVELS. MOST PEOPLE PLAY ON HERE TO AVOID THESE TYPE  OF SITES
  • Options
    brookbridbrookbrid Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2009
    yes please would love to see it,,asap
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    that tourney would never make profit on such a small site,many players wouldnt eve be able to afford a satalite entry
  • Options
    brookbridbrookbrid Member Posts: 133
    edited November 2009
    oh cmon, super satalites could be arranged 2 months before hand,,at £3....that lead to a main satalite

be bold aim for higher,,,,,

something to look forward to each quater...
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    there is 2 £33 buy in friday and Sunday with over 500 runners i don't see any reason y it wouldn't work, if it was every month or every few months. satellites could work in steps starting from£1,everyone will wanna play as the prize money would be life changing.
  • Options
    DAVEYZZDAVEYZZ Member Posts: 1,651
    edited November 2009
    i'm all for it,we used to have zthe 25k primo once a month which was always full so sky didnt lose money on it,i dont know why sky stopped doing this tourny???

ps winning the 4k open would be life changing money for me  lol
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    i  cant  see  it  happing  on here to expensive for most players but i used to play on a site that had a $50.000 freeroll ever month u used to have to get 5000 points a month to get in
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    ok thats 2, 698 more plz
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    think its a good idea if sky can come up with a format where its not going to cost them thousends to meet the gtd prize money then it might work say every 3 months have one
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2009
    if sats could run out at say £5 plus buy-in i think it would generate alot of interest.thats 3 now.697 more needed
  • Options
    jimbo31jimbo31 Member Posts: 294
    edited November 2009
    GOOD IDEA... GOT MY VOTE ;-)
  • Options
    BigBlusterBigBluster Member Posts: 1,075
    edited November 2009
    It would never be filled. Most players on here will have a go with their fivers and tenners but simply won't pay 70 quid.
  • Options
    Ozzie08Ozzie08 Member Posts: 963
    edited November 2009
    Gd idea m8 plenty of sats would be needed, but this could be a really gd idea. Like you say may be run every few mths to give people enough time 2 satelite in
  • Options
    SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited November 2009
    Would be interesting to see the amount of players this would generate IF it went through, would be advertised to heck on sky probably, but I think it could work for sure, if I was going to enter that is another question though.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    we have a few interested so come on sky tell us can this be done? or is it pie on the sky.
  • Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited November 2009
    i think 50k is a little too much, maybe 30k?
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited November 2009
    i can see it as yet another reason for sky to introduce rebuys and add ons. If you had £30 rebuy wiv add ons i think it could reach the guarantee 
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    i think sky is introducing rebuys at the start of the new year