You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

CAN ANYONE HELP ME???

THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
edited July 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
CAN ANYONE IN THE SIMPLEST FORM POSSIBLE  TELL ME HOW TO WORK OUT A STRAIGHT FORECAST, IVE CHECKED ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND IT MAKES NO SENCE, IVE EVEN ASKED A GIRL WHO WORKS IN MY LOCAL BOOKIES AND SHE DOSENT NO!!!!

Comments

• Options
    jackdajackda Member Posts: 501
    edited July 2012
    In Response to CAN ANYONE HELP ME???:
    CAN ANYONE IN THE SIMPLEST FORM POSSIBLE  TELL ME HOW TO WORK OUT A STRAIGHT FORECAST, IVE CHECKED ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND IT MAKES NO SENCE, IVE EVEN ASKED A GIRL WHO WORKS IN MY LOCAL BOOKIES AND SHE DOSENT NO!!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Simple really,pick 2 selections 1 to beat the other and then a dividend is declared,if no dividend then you cant do a f/c
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME???:
    In Response to CAN ANYONE HELP ME??? : Simple really,pick 2 selections 1 to beat the other and then a dividend is declared,if no dividend then you cant do a f/c
    Posted by jackda
    thanks for your reply, i no what i a straight forecast is, i want to no how to work out a money return??? say for instance i pick 1 horse at 11/4 to beat another horse at 4/1 how much would i get back if my stake was say £10.00
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME??? : thanks for your reply, i no what i a straight forecast is, i want to no how to work out a money return??? say for instance i pick 1 horse at 11/4 to beat another horse at 4/1 how much would i get back if my stake was say £10.00
    Posted by THEROCK573
    thats what im saying a dividend is declared by the bookie.for example if the prices you said were right it would pay about 14 quid so you win £140.If there was no dividend declared then it couldnt of been a f/c race.
  • Options
    Madaxeman7Madaxeman7 Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    Posted by THEROCK573
    you cant work what the forcast is exactly but you can roughly work it out by looking at what other forcasts have paid out in previous races, obviously if 1st is evens and 2nd is 2-1 its going to pay less than a 1st at 3-1 and 2nd at 4's
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited July 2012
    Posted by THEROCK573
    If a f/c is not declared , you work the f/c out by increasing the odds of the second by 1 and multiplying that with the odds of the first e.g If the first and second were both 2/1 .You would get 2x3=6 ie 5/1
    So if you had a £10 f/c you would get paid £60.
    I learnt that from the bookmakers!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to CAN ANYONE HELP ME??? : If a f/c is not declared , you work the f/c out by increasing the odds of the second by 1 and multiplying that with the odds of the first e.g If the first and second were both 2/1 .You would get 2x3=6 ie 5/1 So if you had a £10 f/c you would get paid £60. I learnt that from the bookmakers!
    Posted by wynne1938
    I dont think thats correct Wynne.As far as I know you can only get a f/c if one is declared.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS, IM STILL NO FURTHER ON COS IM A BIT THICK WID THINGS LIKE THIS. I WAS LOOKING TO PUT A £50.00 STRAIGHT FORECAST ON 2MOZ WITH NATHANIEL 1ST 11/4 AND ST NICHOLAS ABBEY 2ND AT 3/1.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,313
    edited July 2012
    Hi

You can work out the straight forecast very roughly as wynne suggests as it is not a pool bet but an agreed formula, however all you have to know is the following to realise you are unlikely to work it out to the penny:-

Bookmakers also offer a Computer Straight Forecast and works in exactly the same way as an Exacta but the return is not dependent on the size of the pool but an horrendously large and complex formula which is reputed to go on for at least nine pages of A4.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hi You can work out the straight forecast very roughly as wynne suggests as it is not a pool bet but an agreed formula, however all you have to know is the following to realise you are unlikely to work it out to the penny:- Bookmakers also offer a Computer Straight Forecast and works in exactly the same way as an Exacta but the return is not dependent on the size of the pool but an horrendously large and complex formula which is reputed to go on for at least nine pages of A4.
    Posted by vaigret
    ANY CHANCE U CAN TELL ME WHAT MY ABOVE BET WIL RETURN VAIGRET??/ CHEERS
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME??? : ANY CHANCE U CAN TELL ME WHAT MY ABOVE BET WIL RETURN VAIGRET??/ CHEERS
    Posted by THEROCK573
    At those prices you should get about£550 for your £50
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME??? : At those prices you should get about£550 for your £50
    Posted by wynne1938
    cheers wynne
  • Options
    kaymackaymac Member Posts: 1,437
    edited July 2012
    THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS, IM STILL NO FURTHER ON COS IM A BIT THICK WID THINGS LIKE THIS. I WAS LOOKING TO PUT A £50.00 STRAIGHT FORECAST ON 2MOZ WITH NATHANIEL 1ST 11/4 AND ST NICHOLAS ABBEY 2ND AT 3/1.
    Posted by THEROCK573

Bet365 on twitter this morning

Hi, Nathaniel / St Nicholas Abbey is 12.24, the reverse is 13.47. Hope this helps!"

• Options
    edited July 2012
    In Response to Re: CAN ANYONE HELP ME??? : Bet365 on twitter this morning Hi, Nathaniel / St Nicholas Abbey is 12.24, the reverse is 13.47. Hope this helps!"
    Posted by kaymac
    thanks mate