You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Rake Question

OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
This may be common knowledge I`m not sure, but say Im in a cash game with say £50 at nl20, and I get involved in a hand with someone who has £10.  I like my hand and realise at some point that I may as well set him all in.  It is easier for me to press the all in button,  putting my whole stack in.

Say he folds with £5 left, the pot is now £55.  Am I paying rake on that £55?,  or do I get back the difference and pay rake on whats left.

Comments

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    Rake is only paid on (voluntarily) matched bets so no rake would be taken from your surplus bet.
    Also, I'm pretty sure, no rake is paid if you raise pre-flop and you get no callers.
    Rake on SkyPoker appears to be 5% capped at £1.80 although this is merely from my own observation/calculations as I cannot find it documented anywhere.
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009

I have always struggled to understand this - would be very useful to be able to read how rake works on Sky somewhere.

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Rake Question:
    Rake is only paid on (voluntarily) matched bets so no rake would be taken from your surplus bet. Also, I'm pretty sure, no rake is paid if you raise pre-flop and you get no callers. Rake on SkyPoker appears to be 5% capped at £1.80 although this is merely from my own observation/calculations as I cannot find it documented anywhere.
    Posted by MereNovice

Thank you
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    not got a clue i know there just take it