You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

losing a free entry in a satellite is ok?

loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Entered a satellite today for £1.50, came 1st of 7 and won through to the primo semi. There were 19 players entered, 1-3 got free entry, 4th got £26.40. I came 4th, blinds were big and my AK lost to 4-4, i hit the ace he hit the flush lol. I'm not that bothered, and my wife pointed out that i wouldn't win anything if id qualified anyway lol. It got me thinking about the WSOP qualifier on here, winner got £10,000 entry, r/up got £9000,any one else out their that would have preferred the slightly lower cash amount, or is it tourny entry everytime.

Comments

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited November 2009
    Sattelites are seen as soft tourneys. When I started I played nothing but sats on another site or two. If you won a seat you could withdraw and the $$ would be credited. In recent years some have changed it so that the $$ can only be used for that series of tourneys. I found it a quick way to build a roll for the tourneys I wanted to enter.
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    It has to be the tourny entry for me. After all, that is what I am playing for. If I can get in for a small amount the better.
  • Options
    DeadluckDeadluck Member Posts: 521
    edited November 2009
    On "another well known poker site" you can exchange your Tournament Dollars with Real Dollars for a 97% exchange rate, which is fairly okay.

Others just see satellites as a way into the one-time-lucky big bucks :)
  • Options
    SwansFCSwansFC Member Posts: 308
    edited November 2009

ask chris moneymaker this question lol. tournament all the time