You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

LATE REGISTRATIONS are they here to stay or what?

Pi3145Pi3145 Member Posts: 17
edited August 2012 in Community Suggestions
Personally I dislike them. you wouldnt join a 1500m race at a 1000m... most tournies I look at now have late registrations so I dont play them....So SKY are they a trial or to stay and what alternatives are you going to put in place....

Comments

• Options
    kirbsuk83kirbsuk83 Member Posts: 319
    edited August 2012
    i personally like the idea
    most other sites have been doing it for years and even live games usually allow late reg for the first hour or so.
    The main advantage being the increased prize pools.
    some players prefer to sit out for the first few levels by which time most of the hypo aggressive donkeys have mostly gone and you can play some good solid poker without needing to play bingo to see a flop or win a hand.
    the advantage for the players that start from the beginning being that the new registrents that join late will be short stacked and already at a dissadvantage from the start.
    The only late registration i dont agree with is the timed tournements i dont see the point in limiting the time if you are going to allow people late registration for the first third a tournement where the whole skill factor is based around ammassing chips as fast as possible. this actually will put many players at a dissadvantage who have lost chips on the blinds or through a small loss early on
  • Options
    Pi3145Pi3145 Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: LATE REGISTRATIONS are they here to stay or what?:
    i personally like the idea most other sites have been doing it for years and even live games usually allow late reg for the first hour or so. The main advantage being the increased prize pools. some players prefer to sit out for the first few levels by which time most of the hypo aggressive donkeys have mostly gone and you can play some good solid poker without needing to play bingo to see a flop or win a hand. the advantage for the players that start from the beginning being that the new registrents that join late will be short stacked and already at a dissadvantage from the start. The only late registration i dont agree with is the timed tournements i dont see the point in limiting the time if you are going to allow people late registration for the first third a tournement where the whole skill factor is based around ammassing chips as fast as possible. this actually will put many players at a dissadvantage who have lost chips on the blinds or through a small loss early on
    Posted by kirbsuk83

100% agree with you on the timed tournies...I would like to see "late registration" annouced on the registration table rather than having to click on them first to read the details...
  • Options
    kirbsuk83kirbsuk83 Member Posts: 319
    edited August 2012
    the other point that needs to be addressed is the wait after you do late reg
    all other sites will seat you instantly and adjust the tables accordingly
    with sky you seem to have to wait until a player goes out before you get seated
    not a problem if there are long blinds but certainly for a lot of the sats this can be an issue
    as an example early today i registered 5 mins after the tournement started the blinds were 50/100
    it was ten minutes before i was seated by which time the blinds had just gone up to 150/300
    now with a starting stack of 2k i had less than 20 big blinds and within a couple of hands i was forced to shove having landed straight on the blinds after joining the table.
    not too much of an issue usually but the buy in for the sattelite was 7 quid which is well within my roll however for many social players that is quite an expensive sat to play for only a couple of minutes