You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Updating sky poker and it failed.

MrTeddukMrTedduk Member Posts: 6
edited August 2012 in Community Help & Advice
Booted up sky poker this morning and it asked for an update. I let it do so and it failed midway through.
I then couldnt load sky poker, the icon was broke too.. I then tried to uninstall and couldnt. It asked for administrative permission (I have). I couldnt delete the files manually either due to same error.

Had to install unlocker to force delete the sky poker from programfiles X86 folder. Tried reinstalling to the same place and it failed mid install. I've now had to install it it elsewhere on the pc to get it to work.

Any ideas why its not installing where it SHOULD be and why the permission errors when Im already the only account and administrator.

Thanks,
Mark.

Comments

• Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited August 2012
    In Response to Updating sky poker and it failed.:
    Booted up sky poker this morning and it asked for an update. I let it do so and it failed midway through. I then couldnt load sky poker, the icon was broke too.. I then tried to uninstall and couldnt. It asked for administrative permission (I have). I couldnt delete the files manually either due to same error. Had to install unlocker to force delete the sky poker from programfiles X86 folder. Tried reinstalling to the same place and it failed mid install. I've now had to install it it elsewhere on the pc to get it to work. Any ideas why its not installing where it SHOULD be and why the permission errors when Im already the only account and administrator. Thanks, Mark.
    Posted by MrTedduk
    exact same thing happend to me yesterday m8