You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Weekend footy betting

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited August 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
Hopefully I've managed to find a winner this week.

I've gone for two bets for today, avoiding the lunchtime game at all costs!

Main Acca:

Spurs to beat West Brom (H) @ 1/2
Blackpool to beat Ipswich (H) @ 10/11
Notts Co to beat Walsall (H) @ 7/10
Oxford to beat Plymouth (H) @ 8/13

The 4 way pays a touch over 13/2.

Spurs started with defeat on the road last weekend so AVB will be looking to get things kick started against a West Brom side who traditionally don't travel too well. Adebayor's back at the lane & I'd expect him to be involved at some stage today. West Brom got off to a flyer at home last weekend against Liverpool but I just can't see them repeating that feat in North London today.
After two games Blackpool are the only side in the championship on maximum points after wins away at Millwall & home to Leeds. This won't be an easy game against an Ipswich side who have made a decent start to the season themselves with a draw against Blackburn & a late win at Watford, however I think Ian Holloway's men are the stronger of the two sides & this is a decent price for a side who only lost three times at home last term.
Notts Co are one of three sides in League one who have maximum points & have been decent at home for the last couple of years now. Walsall have made a slow start to the season with just a point from their opening two games & over the last the few years have been poor on the road.
Oxford are one the favourites for promotion this term & their start to the season certainly backs that up as they're one of three sides with maximum points in League two so far. They host a Plymouth side who have only a single point from their opening two games & they haven't scored yet either. If there's such a thing as a home banker this early in the season, this would be it.

Long Shot Acca:

Everton to beat Aston Villa (A) @ 11/8
Southampton to beat Wigan (H) @ 11/10
Newcastle to beat Chelsea (A) @ 5/1 (YES!, you read that correct!!!)
Sheff Weds to beat Millwall (H) @ evens
Gillingham to beat Dagenham (A) @ 7/5

This 5 way potentially returns a mammoth 142/1 so only a quid for some extra fun (plus they're great on the occasions they do roll in).

Everton are way too big to beat Villa imo. They got their season off to a flyer on Monday night beating Man Utd at Goodison & are unbeaten in their last six against Villa. Villa look like they might struggle for goals this season if last weekend's visit to East London is anything to go by which makes this price even more appealing.
Southampton very nearly caused the upset of the week & possibly the season last weekend when they eventually lost 3-2 at Man City. With their next games against Man Utd & Arsenal after this they'll be going all out for maximum points against a Wigan side who are likely to be fighting down the bottom with them come next May. Given that this is their opening home game back in the big time this price is well worth looking at ino.
I can't believe Newcastle are this big to win at Stamford Bridge this evening. This is a side who punched well above what was expected of them last term & also won in West London too. Chelsea have made a flying start themselves with two wins & six goals to their name but (& I mean this with the greatest of respect) they were against sides who are expected to struggle this year. TBH, I'm tempted to have a single on this as it is because this price is ridiculously big but if you're considering a long shot bet this weekend this one absolutely must be included.
Wednesday have made a good start to life back in the 2nd tier with a draw at Derby & a midweek win at home to Birmingham. Today they meet a Millwall side who don't often travel well & evens looks too big to me. At this price it's well worthy of inclusion.
Mad Dog Martin Allen's remit is promotion for the Gills this term & he's certainly got them off on the right track with maximum points from their opening two games, including a win at Wycombe in midweek). Dagenham narrowly avoided relegation back to the conference last term after a late rally but it already looks as though it's gonna be another season of struggle for them again this time. They've only a point from their opening two games & have yet to find the net so the 7/5 on offer for Gillingham is a big price.

Good luck if you're having a go peeps

Jay

Comments

• Options
    ALFIE123ALFIE123 Member Posts: 287
    edited August 2012
    This week i have gone for.

BLACKPOOL  v   Ipswich
    BRIGHTON    v   Barnsley
    DONCASTER  v   Crawley
    NOTTS County v WALSALL
    COVENTRY      v  Bury
    OXFORD        v   Plymouth

£ 10.00 Acca at just over 47-1
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited August 2012
    I'm on again Jay. Lets do this!
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited August 2012
    newcastle wouldnt be too much of a shock considering chelsea minus the brilliant hazard look a bit all over the show first 2 games.

backed them in a single fancy them 5/1 ridiculous price
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,241
    edited August 2012
    Not had a bet on anything specific this wekend as i,ve still got teams to look out for for my season bets but placed a cpl more today

The reason for Hernandez was the price and the fact that he,s on the bench today with Rooney and Wellbeck - I hope he realises after this that he ain,t gonna get  many games and could hopefully move to another Prem team where he would get regular first team action and as for Sturridge, I,ve heard he might be off to Liverpool and again a gr8 price even though i reckon he could get regular games at Chelsea
    Barclays Premier League
    Danny WelbeckTop Goalscorer 2012/13 130£2.00£258.00
    Bet Ref: 21728953176M Bet matched: 2012-08-25T13:45:15.000Z
    Daniel SturridgeTop Goalscorer 2012/13 90£3.00£267.00
  • Options
    dubmasterdubmaster Member Posts: 897
    edited August 2012
    looks like notts county let alot of us down
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting:
    Not had a bet on anything specific this wekend as i,ve still got teams to look out for for my season bets but placed a cpl more today The reason for Hernandez was the price and the fact that he,s on the bench today with Rooney and Wellbeck - I hope he realises after this that he ain,t gonna get  many games and could hopefully move to another Prem team where he would get regular first team action and as for Sturridge, I,ve heard he might be off to Liverpool and again a gr8 price even though i reckon he could get regular games at Chelsea Barclays Premier League Danny Welbeck Top Goalscorer 2012/13 130 £2.00 £258.00 Bet Ref: 21728953176M Bet matched: 2012-08-25T13:45:15.000Z Daniel Sturridge Top Goalscorer 2012/13 90 £3.00 £267.00
    Posted by MP33
    if danny wellbeck {BAMBI} is top scorer i will eat my large trilby hat