You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Weekend footy betting (29th/30th)

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited September 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat

It’s the weekend again & time to (hopefully!) take some money off the bookies

For now I’ve gone for one acca but will probably add one or two extra bets in the morning.

Main Acca:

Barnsley to beat Ipswich (H) @ 11/8

Huddersfield to beat Watford (H) @ evens

Hull to beat Peterborough (H) @ 4/9

Tranmere to beat Brentford (H) @ 6/5

Dartford to beat Hyde (H) @ 8/11

The 5 way potentially returns a shade over 25/1

Last week Barnsley got (IMO) the result of the weekend when they won 5-0 away at Birmingham & this week face an out of sorts Ipswich side. They’re pretty decent at Oakwell & haven’t lost in 3 there so far, with Blackpool being the only side to come away from there with anything so far. To say Ipswich are running bad at the moment would be an understatement. They’ve picked up just a single point from their last 5 in the league (2-2 vs. Huddersfield) & have also conceded a whopping 14 goals in those games. Of course, this game could easily be a bit of a banana skin for accas this weekend but this price is seriously big.

Huddersfield have quietly gone about their business this season & currently find themselves in 2nd spot going into this game. They’ve won their last 3 & are currently unbeaten in 6.  The last of these victories came at Blackpool on Monday night where they were impressive in a 3-1 win. Despite a good start to the campaign Watford have slipped badly over the past few weeks. Last weekend’s 2-2 draw at home to Bristol City is their only point from the last 4 games. They’ve conceded 7 in their last two on the road & even money looks a good price for a Huddersfield side that have yet to lose at home this term.

Hull are a skinny price at home but this is as close to a home banker as you’re ever likely to get, which is why it’s included here (TBH, if the price was shorter than this then I probably wouldn’t have bothered with it). The Tigers have won all 3 at the KC this term & face a Peterborough side that have yet to pick up a single point anywhere this season. They’re leaky at the back having conceded 16 goals in their 7 games so far so I expect Hull to get the job done.

Quite simply this is a massive price for Tranmere. I think it’s fair to say they’re exceeding expectations so far as they sit on top of league 1, 3 points clear of second place Notts County. They come into this game on the back of 3 wins, the last of which was an excellent 5-2 victory away at Crawley last week, & are still unbeaten this season winning all 4 at Prenton Park. Brentford have made an OK start to the season but it’s away from Griffin Park where they’re struggling as they’ve yet to taste victory in 4 on the road. I can only see this price getting shorter so I’d get on it while you can.

Newly promoted Dartford have made an excellent start to life in the top tier of the non league pyramid & currently find themselves in 6th spot. It’s at Princes Park where they’ve been particularly strong winning 4 of their 5 games with their only defeat there coming on the opening day of the season.  They entertain another newly promoted side in Hyde this weekend & should continue their good home form. Hyde are currently rock bottom of the conference with just 1 win & 6 points from their opening 10 games. Away from Ewen Fields is where they’ve struggled the most, picking up just a single point in 5 games so far, which came on the opening day at Braintree.

Good luck if you’re having a go this weekend peeps.

Jay

Comments

• Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited September 2012
    £20.00 acca

everton
    stevenage
    fleetwood
    luton
    man city
    hull
    tranmere
    gillingham
    man utd

£20,00 both teams to score acca

arsenal/chelsea
    fulham/man city
    cardiff/blackpool
    carlisle/crawley
    shef utd/notts county
    man utd/spurs

£10.00- draws

arsenal/chelsea
    a.villa/w.brom
    cardiff/blackpool
    boro/leicester

• Options
    DTWBANDITDTWBANDIT Member Posts: 6,451
    edited September 2012

All to win accum. 

Arsenal v ChelseaChelsea @ 9/4Fulham v Manchester CityManchester City @ 4/5Norwich v LiverpoolLiverpool @ 4/5Reading v NewcastleNewcastle @ 13/10
  • Options
    ALFIE123ALFIE123 Member Posts: 287
    edited September 2012
    Todays ACCAs

£ 15.00  pays at just under 7-1
    1. Exeter v Bristol Rovers Exeter @ evens
    2. Wolves v Sheffield Wednesday Wolves @ 10/11
    3. Huddersfield v Watford Huddersfield @ 21/20
     and

£ 5.00 pays  just over 33-1

Chesterfield v Torquay Chesterfield @ 11/10 Middlesbrough v Leicester Middlesbrough @ 17/10 Charlton v Blackburn Rovers Blackburn Rovers @ 7/5 Barnsley v Ipswich Barnsley @ 7/5  Boro are massive price and Blackburn will will for Steve Kean
    Barnsley on back of huge win against Brum and Chesterfield was a gut instinct.
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (29th/30th):
    £20.00 acca everton stevenage fleetwood luton man city hull tranmere gillingham man utd £20,00 both teams to score acca arsenal/chelsea fulham/man city cardiff/blackpool carlisle/crawley shef utd/notts county man utd/spurs £10.00- draws arsenal/chelsea a.villa/w.brom cardiff/blackpool boro/leicester
    Posted by THEROCK573

Gl Rock, I've gone for this with my £10 free bet on another site. :-)

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I've also gone for a both to score acca

Fulham/Man City
    Bristol City/Leeds
    Cardiff/Blackpool
    Charlton/Blackburn
    Bournemouth/Walsall
    Carlisle/Crawley
    Shrewsbury/Swindon
    Plymouth/Southend

Potentially pays a touch over 55/1
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,241
    edited September 2012
    My footy bet for this weekend
    MarketSelectionPriceHcp
    Reading v Newcastle
    Goals Galore Bonus
    Reading - Newcastle  
    Burnley v Millwall
    Goals Galore Bonus
    Burnley - Millwall  
    Preston v Yeovil
    Goals Galore Bonus
    Preston - Yeovil  
    St Mirren v Ross County
    Goals Galore Bonus
    St Mirren - Ross County  
    AFC Wimbledon v Accrington
    Goals Galore Bonus
    Afc Wimbledon - Accrington  
    Total stake£ 10.00
    Estimated return£ 98.00 (90.00)
    Full stake£ 10.00
    Full estimated return£ 98.00
    Just need AFC Wimbledon and Preston to score - both behind at home - half an hour to go - get in - come on AFC
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Don,t even know whats going on - On Betfair it said 0-2 after 93 mins then 1-2 . On Sky it says 2-1 and on BBc it says 0-1
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,207
    edited September 2012
    Don,t even know whats going on - On Betfair it said 0-2 after 93 mins then 1-2 . On Sky it says 2-1 and on BBc it says 0-1
    Posted by MP33
    Good luck with this, the score service everywhere seems to have gone haywire today so not sure what the scores were in that match. Was watching the supposed final scores on Sky and the Queen of the South v Alloa result started at 1-2 and kept changing until it finally reached 1-6!!!!!! Bizarre!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Weekend footy betting (29th/30th) : Good luck with this, the score service everywhere seems to have gone haywire today so not sure what the scores were in that match. Was watching the supposed final scores on Sky and the Queen of the South v Alloa result started at 1-2 and kept changing until it finally reached 1-6!!!!!! Bizarre!
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Thx - I did have a bit of a sweat as its the Press Association who were getting it all wrong so it ended up being wrong on BBC and Sky - It did end up 1-2 after AFC Wimbledon scored in injury time - Happy days
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Not too much about today so I'll be dipping onto the European games as well for this afternoon

Forest/Derby - Over 2.5 goals @ 4/5
    Villa/West Brom - Both to score @ 4/6
    Eintracht Frankfurt to beat SC Freiburg (H) @ 4/5
    Marseille to beat Valenciennes (A) @ 5/4

The 4 way pays a touch over 11/1