You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Any advice welcome

TramshedTramshed Member Posts: 40
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
hi guys, just took a chance and entered the bounty hunter satellite. got up to about 6.5k and got very tight as only first 7 get through. just scrapped the bubble, and went on to win!!!!! So now have entry to tonights tourney. Have not been very good at bounty hunters in the past so any advice would be much appriciated.

Comments

• Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    play your primaum hands 
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited November 2009
    hiya tramshed---I would say be careful early on, don't forget you are much more likely to be called when raising in early position, a lot of players will call with junk, so it can be best to slow play hands like ak aq jj ect, also, when you do have the nuts, go for it!!--don't be shy!!--you are likely to get a caller with even two pairs in these games, so if you think the opponent has a hand, take him out!---after the first hour, play a lot more like a normal game, most of the loonies are gone at this stage, so a raise will get a bit more respect than it gets in the early stages--hope this helps--gl--floppa whoppa!
  • Options
    TramshedTramshed Member Posts: 40
    edited November 2009
    thanks mate will need all the luck, hope i did not use it all up qualifiying :)
  • Options
    HartshorNHartshorN Member Posts: 616
    edited November 2009
    PLay your game bud.

I recently cashed well in the 1.5k and i played very tight and then loosened up towards the end. Good Luck :)
  • Options
    rawhandrawhand Member Posts: 437
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Any advice welcome:
    hiya tramshed---I would say be careful early on, don't forget you are much more likely to be called when raising in early position, a lot of players will call with junk, so it can be best to slow play hands like ak aq jj ect, also, when you do have the nuts, go for it!!--don't be shy!!--you are likely to get a caller with even two pairs in these games, so if you think the opponent has a hand, take him out!---after the first hour, play a lot more like a normal game, most of the loonies are gone at this stage, so a raise will get a bit more respect than it gets in the early stages--hope this helps--gl--floppa whoppa!
    Posted by oynutter
    Agree with oynutter let the loonies go out first be patient Good luck