You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A Big Thank you

mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi
Many thanks to Lisa, Greg, Vince, Ross,Charles and not least Tony for railing me in the double stack.
I'm sorry i wasn't there for a lot of the chat but when i looked back at it, I was humbled that you were there for me.
I'm also sorry i couldn't win it for you all but went out 7th when my opponent slow played AA and i hit my top pair on the flop and pushed when a blank came on the turn. I only made 1 mistake in the whole tourney and it was not my exit hand, so hey ho, thats doubled my roll and i 've had 3 cashes in 4 tournies in 2 days. It has lifted the gloom i've been feeling for a while now and i can only hope it continues a bit longer.

thank you
col

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited November 2009
    Well played Col. Your not folding your exit hand there with blinds that high, that was the rare occasion that slow playing AA actually paid off for the villan. Keep up the good work m8
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,373
    edited November 2009

You were long overdue a change of luck Col - delighted for you.
  • Options
    GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited November 2009
    Well played Colin m8
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    Hi col

Nice 1 m8, superb, long overdue.
  • Options
    Any2SuitedAny2Suited Member Posts: 1,240
    edited November 2009
    good luck col ,hopefully you've turned the corner sounds like the same luck i was enduring a few months ago,and my fortune has changed lately still doing the same things but turning out how it should when you go in ahead.
  • Options
    nicklucasnicklucas Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2009
    PS - In future, please don't use my forum to revel in your own pathetic glory. Everyone deserves a chance to learn from their mistakes but this is your last.

Cheers
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited November 2009
    Well played Col.
    It's great to see you doing so well.
  • Options
    LMLLML Member Posts: 1,708
    edited November 2009
    Col, you feel free to take the support and respect of this communtity for granted.

I may have been here only a short time but feel confident enough to say that the degree of good sportsmanship and cameraderie amonst players of all skill levels is second to none.

Thankfully the few misjudged, impolite and unnecessary remarks that do appear from time to time are given no weight whatsover and those who post them either realize what an opportunity they have to learn from our players, improve their skill levels and increase their experience and enjoyment of the site tenfold... and are intelligent enough and humble enough to realize their mistakes and endeavor to become yet another player who can take for granted the support and respect of his or her opponents on this site...

Or they simply bark a few times, get bored and fade into obscurity.

Personal attacks, and inflammatory remarks shouldn't be entertained in any way.

..and VWD again for your efforts last night!

x

• Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited November 2009
    Well said Lisa, And congratulations Col on a great result
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2009
      Well done mate it is actually good to hear stories on this forum about the good things in poker and not just the continual whinging about bad luck, bad beats and and suck outs.

I thouroughly enjoyed playing alongside you in the posters last night, which had some great chat going. You have good game my friend and long may your good run last.

The only thing left to say is can you share the good luck out with all other Colins so we all can feel the joy.

A fellow Colin

• Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Hi Col

Congrats on your success last night mate.  Didnt see it, as i was working and it was hard enough sneaking the posters freeroll in.  However, what I am aware of is that you are a valued contributor to the forum, with well thought out and intelligent contributions, and always worth a read.

I dont know what nicklucas has a problem with, but you get full credit for a dignified reply to what was a rude and unneccesary post.

Look forward to seeing you at a table...

Ray
  • Options
    BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited November 2009
    Glad things are turning around for you Mr Mbro, long may it continue,wd.
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    well done! good to briefly see you in the poster's freeroll last night. i bombed out soon after!
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    it sucks going out 7th, missing the final table. not as bad as being 1 outside the paid places though.
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009
    well played mr mbro
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited November 2009
    Nice one, Col, and good you're back on the site.

Also very good to see that nonsense from earlier has been deleted from the site! Presume we have Rich to thank for that one.
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: A Big Thank you:
    Nice one, Col, and good you're back on the site. Also very good to see that nonsense from earlier has been deleted from the site! Presume we have Rich to thank for that one.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Hi
    I think your right, Rich reacted very quickly. I had one deleted as well because it contain a copy of the offending post.
    If i knew that would happen i would have given it what for in my reply and said EXACTLY what i was feeling lol.
    But i suppose i dodged one there.
    col