You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

CESAREWITCH

BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
edited October 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
Albeit a week away but its my favourite flat race of the season as it heralds the end of the flat and the start of the glorious glorious National Hunt season which there is nothing else like on the planet!!!

So it was either start a discussion on an event a week away or start an ante post cheltenham thread already (!) so opted for this.

National Hunt horses/trainers have great recent record and although nothing too original considering trading at 10/1 ante post favourite, surely COUNTRYWIDE FLAME must hold every chance, extremely consistent performer and carrying 8-4 (granted top weight remains in) will think he's running loose!!! Good age bracket for this also at 6 years old and recent spin and win on the flat to blow away the cobwebs all positives too. Cant think the price will stay for much longer 

COUNTRY WIDE FLAME 10/1

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2012
    typo - hes 4 years old - its 4 and 6 year olds are the best age bracket anyways
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    typo 2 - carrying 8-1 not 8-4. which is even better! i got forgetful there sorry
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited October 2012
    Personally, I think beaten Ebor fav' Motivado will re-coup losses over the longer distance
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited October 2012
    well this a 1st i actually agree with bell,,,has nicky henderson got anything in the race bell
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    yes only sentry duty who has come 6th twice in the last 2 renewals, Fallon booked. 10 years old now all the same. countrywide flame remains in, has jimmy quinn booked and now carries 8-5 as things stand which will still be a lovely racing weight considering what was carried during Triumph Hurdle Exploits. havnt gone through with fine tooth comb to see if others are better handicapped yet again, and to be fair probably wont bother love this ones consistency and attitude.
  • Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited October 2012
    yes bell i love long distance flat races too coming from chester im bound to coz of the chester cup which was the banner of the 3 day festival until the half wits that run chester got greedy and moved it from tuesday to thursday to wednesday to friday as the crowds on the wednesday are down now anyway rant over gl on saturday
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2012
    unlucky Bell, at least yours gave you a run for your money.