You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Site Problems Resolved

Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi Everyone,

Firstly, apologies for the late update we've all been working to get this issue investigated and resolved as soon as possible.

The site problems which affected tournament play earlier this evening have now all been resolved and you should not experience any further issues this evening.

All of the tournaments which were active at that time have now been settled and therefore all players affected should now have been refunded. Unfortunately, this included the £12000 GTD Bounty Hunter at 8pm, please accept our apologies to everyone affected, we will make a decision tomorrow as to whether it will be re-scheduled this weekend.

If any of you still have an issue then please contact our customer care team who will be happy to assist you via any of the channels in the help & support section.

Once again we offer our apologies for the poor experience which has affected many of you this evening.

Kind Regards

Adam

Comments

• Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    OK Adam so who forgot to pay the electricity bill again?? lol
  • Options
    shifter1shifter1 Member Posts: 64
    edited November 2009
    ok adam just put on a £1000 freeroll for us to enter but let me in 1st lol
  • Options
    Loki-RogyLoki-Rogy Member Posts: 213
    edited November 2009
    Any news on the APAT qualifier?
  • Options
    wattzy0390wattzy0390 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2009
    what about those who won entry into the BH via satelitte? do we get a refund from the satelitte?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Site Problems Resolved:
    Any news on the APAT qualifier?
    Posted by Loki-Rogy
    No decision has been made tonight Loki, that's one that will be decided over the next 48 hours I imagine. We'll make sure to keep everyone informed on here though.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    what about those who won entry into the BH via satelitte? do we get a refund from the satelitte?
    Posted by wattzy0390
    *Edited as it was a little ambiguous - apologies*

Hi wattzy,

If you've not received a full refund of your satellite seat automatically (£22 for the £12K BH) then please contact our customer care team and they will resolve this for you.

Kind Regards

Adam
  • Options
    Gangster62Gangster62 Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2009
    Adam what will happen about the shed freeroll
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Adam what will happen about the shed freeroll
    Posted by Gangster62
    Hi Gangster,

It will be rescheduled in some way or another, but exact details will have to wait until tomorrow I'm afraid

Adam
  • Options
    Gangster62Gangster62 Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2009

Adam i contacted customer services and they said the przes will be split between the group or some of the people registerd sowhats gonna happen

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Adam i contacted customer services and they said the przes will be split between the group or some of the people registerd sowhats gonna happen
    Posted by Gangster62
    I'm sorry they must have misunderstood, they would have been referring to the tournaments which were cancelled in-running, since the shed freeroll did not run then the prizes were not split up.

I can assure you that we will reallocate that prizepool to another freeroll or similar and we'll ensure it is communicated to as many of you as possible.

I'm sorry but I'm signing off now so I won't be able to reply to any more posts until tomorrow, if you have any queries or problems this evening then please contact our customer care team who will do their best to assist you.

Good night all

Adam
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited November 2009
    YIPPEEEE !!---SKY POKER IS FIXED!
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited November 2009
    i think a £1,000,000,000 freeroll should be enough of an apology :)
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2009
    YIPPEEEE !!---SKY POKER IS FIXED!
    Posted by oynutter
    lol mate now get too AREA 51 immediately,NURSE.......NURSE
  • Options
    lfclegendslfclegends Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2009
    I'm  I'm furious. Just got off with tech support after not receiving any refund for the sit and go I was playing when the system crashed.

Here's what happened:

At 17:42 with the blinds at 100/50 the tournament crashed with 5 of the 6 players remaining. At the time I was in 2nd place with a healthy stack of 3025. After 32 mins of trying to find out what the heck was going on, the tournament suddenly restarted but now with the blinds now at 1000/500 and guess who gets stuck on the big blind? With a 500 small blind to follow or approx half my (up to now healthy) stack.

Now Sky Poker tell me that as I played on I'm not entitled to a refund? Can anyone who plays poker tell me that this is fair? What's the feeling out there? Am I right in standing on principle? After all it's only £5.50 or about half of what Sky poker rakes from me in a day but I feel that I've been hard done by and unless I get a refund I'll be finding another site to play my poker from now on.

I have the conversation with tech support saved but that's probably a post for another forum.
  • Options
    nirvana29nirvana29 Member Posts: 489
    edited November 2009
    i bet a lot of people are gonna be really annoyed about the the 12,000 gtd
  • Options
    lfclegendslfclegends Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2009
    UPDATE:

Got back on to customer service this morning after spending the night fuming basically to tell them that on principle I was taking the matter to the regulators. Before I did, I explained what happened again and no problem - We'll refund your stake. 5 mins later it's back.

So, Lessons learned if you feel you have a case keep on at them.

As far as I'm concerned the matter is now resolved.
  • Options
    shanker197shanker197 Member Posts: 85
    edited November 2009
    Nice to see the Tournys back on yay.

There was only one problem last night with the tournys off...

I spent a **** fortune on Black jack
  • Options
    labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited November 2009
    thank god for the NFL. If it wasn't thanksgiving in the USA, and the NFL hadn't been shown on sky sports last night, then i to might have been whinging today about the debacle last night. Lucky me lol!!