You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

PADDY POWER GOLD CUP

BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
edited November 2012 in Sports & Betting Chat
any early fancies?

torn between 2 - and its the top 2 in the market grand crus and Hunt Ball.

the pair are understandably fav and 2nd fav respectively, so who do people favour or do they have an ace up their sleeve in the form of an outsider? for non stop could be dangerous but course form a concern, id have had champion court high on list but preference is to swerve this for a crack at the King George.

Grand crus had champion court 10 lengths behind the last time he raced the 2m4f trip at Prestbury park, albeit he was getting 5 lbs from the runner up. his 4th in the RSA a little offputting but this shorter trip at cheltenham suits more and trainers record in race along with his dads before him makes him an obvious favourite, and remember he was touted as a gold cup runner/winner last year in novice season only weeks beofre the festival!!!!

hunt ball was manys horse of the year, a few shrewdies on here backed him in march i couldnt have had him myself carrying 12 stone in a handicap and with hindsight being the greatest thing ever the handicapper clearly hadnt tocuhed the surface with this one yet as he hacked up in sensational style!

another whos course and distance winner, he highlighted his undoubted potential with a superb 3rd in the Aintree Bowl at what was his first try at the trip and owner trainer combo believe the skys the limit with him and have been proved correct thus far.

both are 7, both are exciting and progressive 2nd season chasers, both currently in top 4 in market (32 of last 40 winners started in top 4 betting, source attheraces) and i dont see a reason on earth why i should be looking elsewhere for the winner!

i just cant make my mind up on which one yet!!!!  : s

Comments

• Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited November 2012
    In Response to PADDY POWER GOLD CUP:
    any early fancies? torn between 2 - and its the top 2 in the market grand crus and Hunt Ball. the pair are understandably fav and 2nd fav respectively, so who do people favour or do they have an ace up their sleeve in the form of an outsider? for non stop could be dangerous but course form a concern, id have had champion court high on list but preference is to swerve this for a crack at the King George. Grand crus had champion court 10 lengths behind the last time he raced the 2m4f trip at Prestbury park, albeit he was getting 5 lbs from the runner up. his 4th in the RSA a little offputting but this shorter trip at cheltenham suits more and trainers record in race along with his dads before him makes him an obvious favourite, and remember he was touted as a gold cup runner/winner last year in novice season only weeks beofre the festival!!!! hunt ball was manys horse of the year, a few shrewdies on here backed him in march i couldnt have had him myself carrying 12 stone in a handicap and with hindsight being the greatest thing ever the handicapper clearly hadnt tocuhed the surface with this one yet as he hacked up in sensational style! another whos course and distance winner, he highlighted his undoubted potential with a superb 3rd in the Aintree Bowl at what was his first try at the trip and owner trainer combo believe the skys the limit with him and have been proved correct thus far. both are 7, both are exciting and progressive 2nd season chasers, both currently in top 4 in market (32 of last 40 winners started in top 4 betting, source attheraces) and i dont see a reason on earth why i should be looking elsewhere for the winner! i just cant make my mind up on which one yet!!!!  : s
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Very boring, but if Grand Crus turns up in the same form it did at Kempton last Xmas, simples, race over running off 157!! Clocked a faster time than Kauto Star did 30 mins later. 
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited November 2012
    yeah ive already pencilled him in for the KG on boxing day but i like to take the form laterally ie it was at kempton over 3m and he dissapointed last time at Prestbury park but im convincing myself that 2 and 1/2 mile at cheltenham is about as much as he wants there and will make a better fist of it, 157 mark of both horses very reasonable! for non stop OR 162

and dont tell yourself its a boring pick, big fancies score again in this race time after time so youd be wasting your time on the whole looking for some 40/1 shock!!

the pipes' record is swaying me toward Grand Crus and he wont be lacking fitness but Hunt Ball could really be anything at this moment in time and thats the major dilemna

if champion court swerves for prep run at kempton ill be looking no further than these 2. a little blinkered perhaps but im not for budging!