You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

craigcu12 diary.

craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
edited June 2023 in Poker Chat
my first year on sky poke has not been a good one i have allow myself to be wound up to easy from bad beats not been careful enough with my bankroll and have chased too many of my losses so 2013 will be a new year of poker for me where i will try and get myself into a winning style or atleast a sensible playing style.

Having saw what happened following the amount of money i lost when taking my cash a step too far, most MTT prizes will now be withdrawn, i might keep them in my BR if they just small ones but when it's reaching a sizes larger than what my average cash priize total would be, i'll then be withdrawing it

English was a bad subject when i was at school so my  apologies for the wording.

edit: i've got a mental health issue called autism and one of the problems it has is emotion control and sometimes I might go over the top with a bad day, M.A.I.N is now working with me to control them better.  my apolegies

Comments

• WHOAMI196WHOAMI196 Member Posts: 1,170
    edited December 2012
    gl, but its worth saying that its pretty dumb logic to take a break after every bad beat, you should take breaks when you play bad, playing bad is what you can control and bad beats you can not, its the nature of the game, you got to play through them.
  • CrazyBen23CrazyBen23 Member Posts: 865
    edited December 2012
    Judging by the normal standard of your usual posts i'd say this has the potential to be the best diary on the forum
  • Curt360x27Curt360x27 Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2012
    In Response to craigcu12 diary:
    my first year on sky poke has not been a good one i have allow myself to be wound up to easy from bad beats not been careful enough with my bankroll and have chased too many of my losses so 2013 will be a new year of poker for me where i will try and get myself into a winning style or atleast a sensible playing style. my aims from 2013 1. be careful with my hands. 2. take a break as soon as i get a bad beat 3.monitor my bankroll and HH better. 4. make notes of the way people play. 5.be more polite with my texts. 
    Posted by craigcu12
    What da fook does this mean?

GL at the tables and with your diary btw.
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,471
    edited December 2012
    Good luck with this Craig if you do decide to do the diary.
    You seem to get a lot of stick on here and the diary maybe a good idea, so that we get to know the real you.
    Maybe have a think before you post and be a little less emotional. I think you realise this from your point number 5.

Jac
  • bearlytherbearlyther Member Posts: 1,757
    edited December 2012
    In Response to craigcu12 diary:
    2. take a break as soon as i get a bad beat 
    Posted by craigcu12
    Do not take a break when you get a bad beat you are going to have to get used to these they are standard for everyone. I know a very good pro who went on a $50,000 downswing at 1 time.  Not because hes playing bad hes 1 of the best players around its because of the varience involved at the stakes he plays.  So what im saying is it doesnt matter if you are a recreatioal player or a player who plays for a living we all suffer bad beats and varience in the same way and you need to accept that these bad beats are going to continue to happen.

I am in a stable with a group of guys and we discuss hands after tournaments to see what we could have done better in certain hands etc.  The number 1 rule they have is no bad beat stories at all.  As talking about a bad beat is not going to change anything therefore focus more on your own hands and see what you could do differentely ratheri than focusing on that bad beat.

I used to be as bad as anyone for bad beat stories but you have to learn to accept that its all part of the game.
  • craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited December 2012

after having a day's rest from playing on the tables i have fealt much more relaxed and not had a singler bit of stress. my biggest loss in a single pot was 60p my biggest profit from a pot was 1.45 with three 3's 
    over all i made 2.46 1.03 and 0.26 on three of my table and lost a total of 1.12 on one table.

also just want to say thank you to all who have given me advice about my hands i posted on the forum and sorry about the way i sometimes have type my sentances.
    and i wish you all a happy new year

• Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary:
    after having a day's rest from playing on the tables i have fealt much more relaxed and not had a singler bit of stress. my biggest loss in a single pot was 60p my biggest profit from a pot was 1.45 with three 3's  over all i made 2.46 1.03 and 0.26 on three of my table and lost a total of 1.12 on one table. also just want to say thank you to all who have given me advice about my hands i posted on the forum and sorry about the way i sometimes have type my sentances. and i wish you all a happy new year
    Posted by craigcu12
    No worries, we've all become accustomed to reading IDONK's posts now so should be easy ;)
  • SpikeladSpikelad Member Posts: 406
    edited December 2012
    Good luck with this Craig and i look forward to reading your diary.You have realised that you can do better at poker and that is a big step in the right direction.If i can give you one piece of advice mate at microstakes people will call with any Two cards,dont try and work out why they are doing this Craig just make notes as you say, and when you hit, value bet, these same players will pay you off.
    edited January 2013

btw in terms of my luck please provide me with some good luck that will allow my football team newcastle to defend better

• smarrsmarr Member Posts: 461
    edited January 2013
    gl, but its worth saying that its pretty dumb logic to take a break after every bad beat, you should take breaks when you play bad, playing bad is what you can control and bad beats you can not, its the nature of the game, you got to play through them.
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Big + 1 to this.

btw in terms of my luck please provide me with some good luck that will allow my football team newcastle to defend better
    Posted by craigcu12
    Could be worse mate, you could follow Bolton :(
  • bearlytherbearlyther Member Posts: 1,757
    edited January 2013
    Hand 1 dont shove the flop generally your never going to get called by worse and all the hands that do call you will have you crushed make a normal 3/4 sized continuation bet.

Hand 2  Flat with your 66 set on the flop as its a dry flop with a view to raising the turn.  Also you decided to raise the flop to need to make it so big 40-£2 you can make it £1.20.

Best of luck

edited January 2015
    well after another stressful day with the football i was wondering if i could manage to even play myself and it seemed that my play today started off weak but after an hour started improving so i managed a total of 4.43 on my tables on of which i made 3.60 alone. the main thing was i didn't loose anything on any of my 3 table i was on.
    edited January 2013

well i the first week of new year thing have look so much better in relation to my poker.
    last year i would have lost my weekly amount in just a couple of day but now it look as though i am getting to grips with myself and able to build up my bankroll.

out of a total of 22 cash tables
    i mad profit from 15/22 biggest profit being £8.12
    so 68% of my tables had profit
    my biggest loss on a table was £2.66
    with SnG  
    won 1 £2.1heads up hyper and1 £2.10 turbo charged
    1DYM £1.15 cost
    1 DYM £60p cost
    i lost twice in £1.15 DYM
    my biggest loss this week has came from thursday when i went a step to far entering a 5KBH semi for £12 and a £750 BH for 5.75
    so over all i could have made over £20 profit but only managed £6
    thanks for the info from the clinic with my hands

edited January 2015
    well after the way things have been in the last couple of hours i think that now even my bets are getting better
    i have made a profit of £17 pound and managed to get at least 8 hands that gained over £1
    my best hand of the day was this and it made me over £5 profit

my bankroll now is £49 so i am starting to now playing 3+ tables
    edited January 2015
    well after having another excellent day of poker it is so good to sense that i konw i can avoid putting money in each week.
    What i like best about my poker now is i am finally managing to just stay relaxed.

so today i've gain an extra £24 and soon might be thinking of moving up to the 4/8p and have already started on the action tables
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,012
    edited January 2013
    after having a bad day on sunday things have managed to recover again today. my main problem today has been premium pocket pairs as sometimes even a 5xbb will get ragged callers Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance 58 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £1.92 KKKKGHFH55 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.69   Your hole cards K K       vil1 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £2.02 vil2 Call   £0.04 £0.14 £3.14 craigcu12 Raise   £0.16 £0.30 £9.95 doughnut1 Fold         58 Fold         KKKKGHFH55 Fold         vil1 Call   £0.12 £0.42 £1.90 vil2 Call   £0.12 £0.54 £3.02 Flop     5 10 4       vil1 Check         vil2 Check         craigcu12 Bet   £0.20 £0.74 £9.75 vil1 Raise   £0.44 £1.18 £1.46 vil2 All-in   £3.02 £4.20 £0.00 craigcu12 Fold         vil1 All-in   £1.46 £5.66 £0.00 vil2 Unmatched bet   £1.12 £4.54 £1.12 vil1 Show 5 4       vil2 Show 5 10       Turn     2       River     5       vil2 Win Full House, 5s and 10s £4.19   £5.31 thankfully because they were all low cards apart from the ten and it was a dry board it was easy to think they had a set
    Posted by craigcu12
    great fold....I used to play 4nl a bit and if I had KK and 2 limpers I would have raised more to around 24p, sounds a lot but you want to narrow the field and ideally just have one caller giving you less chance of being outdrawn....someone will almost def still call and pay you off with their junk
  • devonfish5devonfish5 Member Posts: 4,291
    edited January 2013
    nice going craig...
    soon be seeing you on the nl8 and nl10 tables.

the best player i ever saw playing nl4 (can't remember his name...wasn't me btw.  lol) whenever he played a hand he would always raise to 40p pre-flop.
    a lot of the time opponents would fold.
    then when he got the caller he would always or very nearly always c-bet £1
    it was a brilliant strategy and i've not seen anyone else do it since.
    takes some guts but it worked.
    :)
    dev
    edited January 2015
    nice going craig... soon be seeing you on the nl8 and nl10 tables. the best player i ever saw playing nl4 (can't remember his name...wasn't me btw.  lol) whenever he played a hand he would always raise to 40p pre-flop. a lot of the time opponents would fold. then when he got the caller he would always or very nearly always c-bet £1 it was a brilliant strategy and i've not seen anyone else do it since. takes some guts but it worked. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    that's my aim to by the end of this year start playing the nl8p and 10p table i start off with a deposit of £20 at the start of january on friday it reached 70 but then on sunday i made a costly mistake when I changed my play.
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    edited January 2013
    after having a bad day on sunday things have managed to recover again today. my main problem today has been premium pocket pairs as sometimes even a 5xbb will get ragged callers Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance 58 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £1.92 KKKKGHFH55 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.69   Your hole cards K K       vil1 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £2.02 vil2 Call   £0.04 £0.14 £3.14 craigcu12 Raise   £0.16 £0.30 £9.95 doughnut1 Fold         58 Fold         KKKKGHFH55 Fold         vil1 Call   £0.12 £0.42 £1.90 vil2 Call   £0.12 £0.54 £3.02 Flop     5 10 4       vil1 Check         vil2 Check         craigcu12 Bet   £0.20 £0.74 £9.75 vil1 Raise   £0.44 £1.18 £1.46 vil2 All-in   £3.02 £4.20 £0.00 craigcu12 Fold         vil1 All-in   £1.46 £5.66 £0.00 vil2 Unmatched bet   £1.12 £4.54 £1.12 vil1 Show 5 4       vil2 Show 5 10       Turn     2       River     5       vil2 Win Full House, 5s and 10s £4.19   £5.31 thankfully because they were all low cards apart from the ten and it was a dry board it was easy to think they had a set
    Posted by craigcu12
    Pretty impressive fold tbf!

Nice work Craig.
  • TINTINTINTIN Member Posts: 1,612
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: craigcu12 diary : that's my aim to by the end of this year start playing the nl8p and 10p table i start off with a deposit of £20 at the start of january on friday it reached 70 but then on sunday i made a costly mistake trying to change my strategy and that i think is just not possible because their are too many calling stations and minimum bets meaning draw hands are not worth the risk as pots will be too low
    Posted by craigcu12
    this is a good thing, have a big hand bet big get paid more. they will hit from time to time but if you continuley give them wrong odds to draw with weak holdings you will coin it in