You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker Channel

Damo1991Damo1991 Member Posts: 44
edited January 2013 in The Sky Poker Tour
Hello All,
As you might see from the amount of posts I have made, Im pretty new to Sky Forums.
Ive been a member of Sky Poker for a little while (not as long as most as I am only 21) and I always try to watch the Channel 861 to gain more information on the game even though Ive been playing it recreationally for years now.
I just wanted to know why is it always Replays?
And is it just certain days / times that it is live and if so when is this?
Sorry if this has come accross rude its just I'd love to see the live tournaments going on and I know it might sound petty but I would definately like to be on Channel 861 to get my play analysed (spelling) and hopefully improve my game aswell.
Thanks in advance
Damien

Comments

• Options
    BorinLonerBorinLoner Member Posts: 3,863
    edited December 2012
    Hello sir.

First thing's first; Your spelling of "analysed" is correct. No worries there.

Now onto the other points you raised: The show is live on channel 861 or the Live Online Stream from 7pm-12 midnight on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Obviously it's not going to be live on Christmas day or New Year's day but it will be live on four consecutive nights from Thursday the 27th to Sunday the 30th of December.

Each show is broken down into five segmented programmes. Of these, Sky Poker Highlights, Now On Sky Poker, Mastercash and Tonight On Sky Poker regularly show hands "as live" on a few minutes delay from tournament and cash tables being played at that moment. Not all cash tables and tournament tables with a TV icon are routinely shown, though. The TV icon simply signifies that hands from those tables are available to be shown on the TV channel, if the producers want to use them.

Take a look at the General Poker Chat section of the forum every show night to find the Live Show thread. You can get in touch with the show team on that thread. That's the best place to post a hand that you would like to be shown on the telly and, if the hand is interesting enough, it may be shown on the Poker Clinic on Thursdays at 8pm, Ask The Expert on Tuesday at 8pm or on one of the other segments if it's appropriate.

Finally, if you would like to have your play shown in depth, there are occasional opportunities for that. Every Sunday at 8pm is Analyse My Play and frequently in that hour a player is selected to be followed in the Primo. The Primo is a £55 buy-in, though, so it's not cheap and, as you would imagine, there's usually a fair amount of competition to be the subect. Some weeks this hour is used to analyse one of the presenters' play, so it's not always open to us common folk.

I hope that's addressed everything you wanted to know. This section of the forum is a bit of a backwater so you won't get many responses here. Try starting your future threads in the General Poker Chat section or, if you have any hands you'd like advice on, you can post in the Poker Clinic section.
  • Options
    cenachavcenachav Member Posts: 2,682
    edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Channel:
    Obviously it's not going to be live on Christmas day or New Year's day
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Typical presenters.  Any excuse for a day off!  If you want any voulenteers then I'm avaliable new years day :)

Just sayin'
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Haha Cena,
    And thank you for the informative post Borinloner.
  • Options
    scaffman35scaffman35 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2012
    evening gentlemen just wanted to mentoin that i got into tonights main event via an all in sat .so thats got to be my best present . love the show and cant wait to do the live tour in the new year. love the show keep up the good work happy new year to everyone oh did i hear something about greghog entering a big tournament?
  • Options
    Sky_DanBSky_DanB Member Posts: 205
    edited January 2013
    evening gentlemen just wanted to mentoin that i got into tonights main event via an all in sat .so thats got to be my best present . love the show and cant wait to do the live tour in the new year. love the show keep up the good work happy new year to everyone oh did i hear something about greghog entering a big tournament?
    Posted by scaffman35
    Glad you're enjoying the shows Scaffman35.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Hello sir. First thing's first; Your spelling of "analysed" is correct. No worries there. Now onto the other points you raised: The show is live on channel 861 or the Live Online Stream from 7pm-12 midnight on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays. Obviously it's not going to be live on Christmas day or New Year's day but it will be live on four consecutive nights from Thursday the 27th to Sunday the 30th of December. Each show is broken down into five segmented programmes. Of these, Sky Poker Highlights, Now On Sky Poker, Mastercash and Tonight On Sky Poker regularly show hands "as live" on a few minutes delay from tournament and cash tables being played at that moment. Not all cash tables and tournament tables with a TV icon are routinely shown, though. The TV icon simply signifies that hands from those tables are available to be shown on the TV channel, if the producers want to use them. Take a look at the General Poker Chat section of the forum every show night to find the Live Show thread. You can get in touch with the show team on that thread. That's the best place to post a hand that you would like to be shown on the telly and, if the hand is interesting enough, it may be shown on the Poker Clinic on Thursdays at 8pm, Ask The Expert on Tuesday at 8pm or on one of the other segments if it's appropriate. Finally, if you would like to have your play shown in depth, there are occasional opportunities for that. Every Sunday at 8pm is Analyse My Play and frequently in that hour a player is selected to be followed in the Primo. The Primo is a £55 buy-in, though, so it's not cheap and, as you would imagine, there's usually a fair amount of competition to be the subect. Some weeks this hour is used to analyse one of the presenters' play, so it's not always open to us common folk. I hope that's addressed everything you wanted to know. This section of the forum is a bit of a backwater so you won't get many responses here. Try starting your future threads in the General Poker Chat section or, if you have any hands you'd like advice on, you can post in the Poker Clinic section.
    Posted by BorinLoner

Thanks for all the info you have given!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Sky Poker Channel:
    Hello All, As you might see from the amount of posts I have made, Im pretty new to Sky Forums. Ive been a member of Sky Poker for a little while (not as long as most as I am only 21) and I always try to watch the Channel 861 to gain more information on the game even though Ive been playing it recreationally for years now. I just wanted to know why is it always Replays? And is it just certain days / times that it is live and if so when is this? Sorry if this has come accross rude its just I'd love to see the live tournaments going on and I know it might sound petty but I would definately like to be on Channel 861 to get my play analysed (spelling) and hopefully improve my game aswell. Thanks in advance Damien
    Posted by Damo1991
    Hi Damo1991

Feel free to email any hand id's from the sky poker TV tables to 
    skyopen@bskyb.com and we will do the best we can to show them on the Poker Clinic show live every Thursday @ 8pm.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Cheers for the info Dan, got a bit more use to it now. :D