You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Predictions on Cheltnham v everton?

kidwiz10kidwiz10 Member Posts: 569
edited January 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat

Everton at 1/3 £450 on £600 back isit worth the risk?

Cheltnham are having a good season but then again there in division 2.

And it bein the FA cup its hard to say what sort of team Moyes is gunna stick out!

The fa cup seems to be a pointless cup to most the premiership teams sein as they usually stick out a second string teams eg.

Comments

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited January 2013
    Cheltenham are a good team, saw them beat us 3-2 3 weeks ago
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Who did they beat 3.2? lol

So i take it you dont think its an easy game for everton even if they had starting 11 out
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Northampton. They beat us at home, we have 2nd best home record in league.

If Everton are full strength then yeh they'll win. Cheltenham are very dangerous going forward.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Loool northampton are not everton.

Ill see what team gets put out tommorrow if strong ill do the bet if not then ill do somehting else
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Was just giving you some info on cheltenham as you clearly don't know anything about them.

1/3 are terrible odds imo
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Well i do there a division 2 side but you was comparing northampton to everton thats why i loooled!

Yea might be bad odds but if you can make £150 off it i gues sits worth the risk
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In Response to Re: Predictions on Cheltnham v everton?:
    Well i do there a division 2 side but you was comparing northampton to everton thats why i loooled! Yea might be bad odds but if you can make £150 off it i gues sits worth the risk
    Posted by kidwiz10
    No I wasn't
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited January 2013
    I wouldn't bother.  Cheltenham are a decent League 2 outfit and Everton are bound to rest a few.  What's more you can get better odds than 1/3 by venturing outside your front door.
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited January 2013
    Well i do there a division 2 side but you was comparing northampton to everton thats why i loooled! Yea might be bad odds but if you can make £150 off it i gues sits worth the risk
    Posted by kidwiz10
    I would rethink this logic.
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited January 2013

betting is all about getting good odds or value.
    you have to take a long term view if every 1/3 shot came in all bookies would be bankrupt and we would all be millionaires.
    1/3 means if this match was played 4 times eveton would win 3 times and cheltenham once
    this is before you even factor in teams/pitch/weather/player errors/ref & linesman errors/injuries................
    if you think they may be bad odds you shouldnt be backing them, if you think they are good odds then lump on its a simple as that.

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2013
    Well said Badboy985.

As for me after seeing my account halved in two days by Wolves 6/5 and Arsenal 11/10 touching Everton at 1-3 , havent they had a couple of shockers in the FA Cup over recent seasons is sheer madness.

God Liverpool only just struggled past Mansfield for goodness sake
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited January 2013
    Everton haven't kept a clean sheet for 16 games and Cheltenham won their last home game 4-0.

This game is far from a walkover. I'd even be tempted to bet on Cheltenham and the draw if the odds are decent.
  • Options
    joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
    edited January 2013
    Everton haven't kept a clean sheet for 16 games and Cheltenham won their last home game 4-0. This game is far from a walkover. I'd even be tempted to bet on Cheltenham and the draw if the odds are decent.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Both teams to score MAX BET. As per Flashes post, Everton concede every game. 
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited January 2013
    I've backed up my talk with a bet :-)

Cheltenham or Draw @ 5/2 also done a couple of cheeky scorecasts for lolz, 150/1 and 170/1 so not going to hold my breath on those. haha