You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker running like death (4+ tables)?

CeeJayPeeCeeJayPee Member Posts: 6
edited December 2009 in Community Help & Advice

As title suggests - does the skypoker software run excruciatingly slow if you have 4+ tables on the go at one time?

Has been bugging me for some time, and thought this potentially was down to my old computer/using Firefox, but a new (fairly powerful) laptop later and Internet explorer - still experiencing the frustrating slow speed. Any others experience the same/have found any solutions?

Good evening to those of you I may have played with,

Cheers - C

Comments

• Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited December 2009

Hi m8 have a beast of a computer 4 gig of ram quad core and yet no matter how many times i uptdated the software
    i would get slow down and loss of time ect after more than 4 tables on the go.

I tried everything and thought the only thing that could be causing it is the operating system.

I changed it to windows 7 now i can play 12 at a time no problem no slow down.

If you cant afford to upgrade you can download it for free and use it as a release candadate for about a year i think.

• Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited December 2009
    yeah same, I can manage 3, but my browser stops responding if i try 4.

I put it down to my really terrible connection.
  • Options
    SHANXTASHANXTA Member Posts: 1,507
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker running like death (4+ tables)?:
    Hi m8 have a beast of a computer 4 gig of ram quad core and yet no matter how many times i uptdated the software i would get slow down and loss of time ect after more than 4 tables on the go. I tried everything and thought the only thing that could be causing it is the operating system. I changed it to windows 7 now i can play 12 at a time no problem no slow down. If you cant afford to upgrade you can download it for free and use it as a release candadate for about a year i think.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    interesting, jimifloyd, u may well be my hero!
  • Options
    JingleMaJingleMa Member Posts: 1,319
    edited December 2009
    Hi m8 have a beast of a computer 4 gig of ram quad core and yet no matter how many times i uptdated the software i would get slow down and loss of time ect after more than 4 tables on the go. I tried everything and thought the only thing that could be causing it is the operating system. I changed it to windows 7 now i can play 12 at a time no problem no slow down. If you cant afford to upgrade you can download it for free and use it as a release candadate for about a year i think.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    Yep, I also find I can't play more than 4 no matter what I try, so Jimi I'm gona give your suggestion a try, hope it works!
  • Options
    offshootoffshoot Member Posts: 1,049
    edited December 2009
    i find it works best with google chrome. i can 10 table easily most of the time but sometimes the tables freeze for a min, its been worse the last couple of days though, had KK folded preflop and a set folded because the table froze, so annoying.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Jimi, do play on ie or firefox with windows 7? Or something else?
  • Options
    jimifloydjimifloyd Member Posts: 148
    edited December 2009

Internet Explorer m8 the problem is with the vista operating system,windows 7 is the most efficent operating system.
    Download the free release candidate which you can google for,try it if it works you can use it for quite a while before you think about investing in it that way you aint wasting money if it dont solve your problem.Also you can put the operating system on your computer aswell as the 1 you have now.

To do this partition your hard drive into 2 and install the windows 7 operating system on the blank partition that way you have lost nothing and have everything to gain.

Anymore questions pal just send us a message i will be happy to help.

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Internet Explorer m8 the problem is with the vista operating system,windows 7 is the most efficent operating system. Download the free release candidate which you can google for,try it if it works you can use it for quite a while before you think about investing in it that way you aint wasting money if it dont solve your problem.Also you can put the operating system on your computer aswell as the 1 you have now.   To do this partition your hard drive into 2 and install the windows 7 operating system on the blank partition that way you have lost nothing and have everything to gain. Anymore questions pal just send us a message i will be happy to help.
    Posted by jimifloyd
    Thanks mate, much appreciated.
  • Options
    CeeJayPeeCeeJayPee Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2009
    Jimi - advice much appreciated, shame I bought this laptop a few weeks before windows 7 was released - might just go ahead any replace VISTA.

Offshoot - interesting, I may give google chrome a try first to see if there is any improvement - thanks. (Don't be too disheartened by the KK/Set getting folded, most likely just avoided getting 1 outered on the river for stacks :) )

Thanks guys,

Chris
  • Options
    Hogg321Hogg321 Member Posts: 260
    edited December 2009
    Ladyfingrs, exact same problem as me. Crashes when it loads up 4

Do you use firefox?