You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Theres PTP, what about BTP??

FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
edited December 2009 in The Sky Poker Tour
We have play the presenter (PTP) but what about BE The Presenter?

I think it would be great if one night a week or month a Skypoker regular got to have a go at being the presenter/analyst!! People are always making comments about certain presenters, so if they got to do it themselves they might see it in a different light.

Personally id love to be an analyst on the show. HOW HARD CAN IT BE?? :-)

Comments

• Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November 2009
    what a great idea. i'll send this over to the TV guys and see what they think.

good stuff as always flashflush
  • Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited November 2009
    Excellent!! Id be up for a go if they dare ;)
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited November 2009
      Great idea Flash. You see it all the time on the forum people passing comments on how hands should be played and optimal play in certain situations. It would be great to see some of the opinions going out on the T.V. Possibly even combining the 2, and having people from the community doing hand analysis from the PTP tables.
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited November 2009
    Hi Flash

Brilliant idea mate and you would be really good, I would like to volunteer to be studio guest

Dave
  • Options
    Kiwini4uKiwini4u Member Posts: 3,830
    edited November 2009
    What a superb idea, I nominate Flashflush as the first BTP
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited November 2009
    Hi Charlie

What a brill idea, I have joked about this several times with tikay and Rich, but really dont think I wud av the bottle allthough I have bin on tv and radio a few times :)
  • Options
    labrat64labrat64 Member Posts: 987
    edited November 2009
    Great idea flash, i'm sure that given the right format this would be a winner. I'd nominate you for an analyst.

I'd also put my name down to be the studio guest
  • Options
    THESWISSTHESWISS Member Posts: 238
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Theres PTP, what about BTP??:
    We have play the presenter (PTP) but what about BE The Presenter? I think it would be great if one night a week or month a Skypoker regular got to have a go at being the presenter/analyst!! People are always making comments about certain presenters, so if they got to do it themselves they might see it in a different light. Personally id love to be an analyst on the show. HOW HARD CAN IT BE?? :-)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Interesting idea Charlie, could be a laugh. However it could also make for car crash television. Worth a try though.

Ed
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited November 2009
    Great idea.

Scotty, CLIOKID or offshoot for 1st BTP imo.

I would not be up for this though lol.
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Theres PTP, what about BTP??:
    Great idea. Scotty, CLIOKID or offshoot for 1st BTP imo. I would not be up for this though lol.
    Posted by LadyFingrs
     lol @ scotty being 1st BTP... hmm thats a bit risky I think.. 1st hand.. omg what the ....  is this total donkfish doing calling with ace rag UTG, he should be shot etc etc, you get the drift lol!!!

Think its needs to be a loooong serving player who has never been in trouble... they need to have 1 of those halo things hovering above them!
  • Options
    LMLLML Member Posts: 1,708
    edited November 2009
    You trying to do me out of a job Charlie??!!

I think it would be great segment.. the BTP player could have a few pieces.. like reading out the player updates/stats and a chat with the analyst..

Then they could run and bring us presents and drinks and snacks and maybe fan us down if the studio lights get too hot....
    Oh. did I say that out loud? ;)

Well did you say you wanted to be the weather'girl' :)

x
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You trying to do me out of a job Charlie??!! I think it would be great segment.. the BTP player could have a few pieces.. like reading out the player updates/stats and a chat with the analyst.. Then they could run and bring us presents and drinks and snacks and maybe fan us down if the studio lights get too hot.... Oh. did I say that out loud? ;) Well did you say you wanted to be the weather'girl' :) x
    Posted by LML
     I like the idea of that bit. :-)
  • Options
    apollo_11apollo_11 Member Posts: 969
    edited November 2009
    A very good idea Flash.
    I am sure that a lot of the community would love to have a go at this job.
    The current presenters make the job look a lot easier than it actually is.
  • Options
    BuistyboyBuistyboy Member Posts: 408
    edited November 2009
    Hi charles/baz

outstanding idea you've come up with there, and i look forward to it taking shape in the near future. 

Out of interest, what tv and radio programs have you been on baz? Crimewatch? ;)

Ray
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Theres PTP, what about BTP?? :  lol @ scotty being 1st BTP... hmm thats a bit risky I think.. 1st hand.. omg what the ....  is this total donkfish doing calling with ace rag UTG, he should be shot etc etc, you get the drift lol!!! Think its needs to be a loooong serving player who has never been in trouble... they need to have 1 of those halo things hovering above them!
    Posted by FlashFlush
    wud be sooo funny tho, shud make him talk in poker lingo as well.`  ohh emmm gee` he shud `see are ay eye with an ohh eee esss efff dee eye emm aytch ohh.  Mickjenn as phone in guest would be lol.

Seriously Its a great idea, n1
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited November 2009

good idea all them say that wrong or this is wrong let them have a go see what they can do

• Options
    OnlyOneCTOnlyOneCT Member Posts: 1,181
    edited November 2009
    Like Barry, i've also made numerous appearances on both TV and Radio here in the UK and even in the US!!! (And before anyone asks i am not a fugitive that the FBI are still trying to find lol!!!)

If this proposed idea comes into fruition, my piece of advice to anyone that have always wanted to be on the tele is just enjoy yourself and don't take yourself seriously and have the ability to laugh at yourself if you make yourself look like a pillock lol!!!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,027
    edited November 2009
    Like Barry, i've also made numerous appearances on both TV and Radio here in the UK and even in the US!!! (And before anyone asks i am not a fugitive that the FBI are still trying to find lol!!!) If this proposed idea comes into fruition, my piece of advice to anyone that have always wanted to be on the tele is just enjoy yourself and don't take yourself seriously and have the ability to laugh at yourself if you make yourself look like a pillock lol!!!
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    Oh, don't worry, I do!
  • Options
    margatemafmargatemaf Member Posts: 849
    edited December 2009
    Top idea this, i would defo put my name up for this ;) i mean come on if  ORFORD  can do it how hard can it be for chuffs sake!!! ;0)

i have been on tv before, only the once mind you and it was a very brief apperance for about 5 seconds on crimewatch as i was running out of a bank. Don't know if that counts as previous experience lol ;0)))) ( just kidding, before somone takes it literally )
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited December 2009
      Working in front of a camera is very hard work indeed.

I have spent many years performing on stage in Amdram where all you really have to do is keep facing the audience and make sure you avoid eye contact with them. I have also done some extra work and found that a lot harder because you have to be aware of where the camera is facing and your body positiong need to be more exact. Sometimes you need to be behaving as if you are having a conversation with the cameraman.

Hopefully this project will take off and good luck to those who get to do it.