You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Loyalty programme ideas

jc28jc28 Member Posts: 1
edited April 2013 in Community Suggestions
Hi, although I'm not new to Sky poker, this is my first thread and even my first post on these forums. Just recently Ive been playing quite a bit at Sky poker ( most of my poker is played at PS) and I wanted to make a couple of suggestions with regards to the loyalty programme.

The 'Cash for points' system is rubbish imo for recreational players like myself. You can grind for hours at micro stakes for the month and get rewarded with a few quid and then you start again for the next month. Why dont Sky do a 'yearly' cash for points programme where you can play all year knowing that you can cash out when you need it for e.g at Christmas time. Imo, this would give players that extra incentive to play more to achieve a goal for a specific thing what their saving the points for e.g holiday, presents for xmas etc.

Secondly, why dont they introduce a merchandise shop so players can buy things with their points i.e clothes, electronics, tourney tickets etc similar to what other sites do.

I really think these things would boost player traffic and give players like myself an incentive to always play here and not at sites such as PStars.

Comments

• Options
    reelerreeler Member Posts: 416
    edited February 2013
    be gd if ya could cash out early get c4p at any time
  • Options
    JPW33JPW33 Member Posts: 326
    edited February 2013
    In Response to Loyalty programme ideas:
    Hi, although I'm not new to Sky poker, this is my first thread and even my first post on these forums. Just recently Ive been playing quite a bit at Sky poker ( most of my poker is played at PS) and I wanted to make a couple of suggestions with regards to the loyalty programme. The 'Cash for points' system is rubbish imo for recreational players like myself. You can grind for hours at micro stakes for the month and get rewarded with a few quid and then you start again for the next month. Why dont Sky do a 'yearly' cash for points programme where you can play all year knowing that you can cash out when you need it for e.g at Christmas time. Imo, this would give players that extra incentive to play more to achieve a goal for a specific thing what their saving the points for e.g holiday, presents for xmas etc. Secondly, why dont they introduce a merchandise shop so players can buy things with their points i.e clothes, electronics, tourney tickets etc similar to what other sites do. I really think these things would boost player traffic and give players like myself an incentive to always play here and not at sites such as PStars.
    Posted by jc28
    Got to agree about the cash 4 points. I play what I consider quite a bit (most days) but cannot get anywhere near 500 points for lowest cash bonus, so have given up. Its okay for those who play full time but not for recreational players. Ive always supported the merchandise shop but Tikay told me 3 years ago that its not a viable proposition and all things have to make money. Shame really.
  • Options
    BustertownBustertown Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2013
    Same here. I play too low a stake level to get anywhere near 500 points, so I don't consider the incentive anymore. However, if a player was able to bank the points until they either reached 500 (min one month as per now) or say a time deadline of 6 to 12 months, then I would find myself playing cash more often especially if I had reached say 450 points with just 31 days of my time limit to go.
  • Options
    Sky_SamSky_Sam Member Posts: 738
    edited April 2013
    Have a look at this we're introdcuing from May 1st.

Might cater a bit better to you newer/low stakes players.
  • Options
    JPW33JPW33 Member Posts: 326
    edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Loyalty programme ideas:
    Have a look at  this  we're introdcuing from May 1st. Might cater a bit better to you newer/low stakes players.
    Posted by Sky_Sam
    Certainly does Sam. Thanks for info.
  • Options
    Sky_SamSky_Sam Member Posts: 738
    edited April 2013
    No problem :)
  • Options
    ReDonkReDonk Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2013
    I would like a merch shop deffos, repping sky poker in public! ;)