You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Dipping my toes into the UK Stock Markets!

splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
edited April 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
As the title suggests, tomorrow I shall be taking the plunge into the UK Stock Markets.

I go into this with very basic knowledge and understanding. The plan is to invest £50/month for 1 year.

This is starting off as a bit of fun, but hopefully after 1 year of learning the ins and outs of it, I will be in a better position to take this more seriously and actually make some money.

I have registered with an online broker, Hargreaves Lansdown and will be deciding where to invest my initial £50 tomorrow.

Can anyone offer me any advice? Mainly any online material that I can use to help me along my journey?

Comments

• Options
    calcalfoldcalcalfold Member Posts: 978
    edited April 2013
    Dude, you would be better off saving up for a year then investing £600.

You will be lucky to find a broker that charges less than £10 a deal.

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited April 2013
    Ah yes it appears I got a bit mixed up. I thought you could invest monthly into shares, but that applies to funds, not shares. So yes will be silly to pay a £10 fee for a £50 investment.

I'll wait until I can invest at least £500 before doing this. In the mean time, I'll sift through some material online to help be better prepared for when I'm ready to invest.

Anyone have any recommendations for forums or teaching tools on this subject?

I've googled but unsure which ones are good.