You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Team name dilema solution?

SammydridSammydrid Member Posts: 268
edited May 2013 in Community Suggestions
This is just an idea for us teamies that like to show off what team we are in.

Since we are not allowed to have our location set to our team name could you guys at sky not create "Special" team avatars for us. Most if not all teams have their own logo and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to implement them into your default avatar folder and maybe lock them to requesting a password for each teams logo. 

This is just an idea that might cool down this who scenario going on.

What you think? 

Sammydrid.

Comments

• Options
    GBUKGBUK Member Posts: 305
    edited March 2013
    In Response to Team name dilema:
    This is just an idea for us teamies that like to show off what team we are in. Since we are not allowed to have our location set to our team name could you guys at sky not create "Special" team avatars for us. Most if not all teams have their own logo and I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to implement them into your default avatar folder and maybe lock them to requesting a password for each teams logo.  This is just an idea that might cool down this who scenerio going on. What you think?  Sammydrid.
    Posted by Sammydrid
    Brilliant idea sam!! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee sky dave,you can't take all our team fun away surely.... :) x
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited March 2013
    I think this is a very good idea Sam.  A couple of sticking points with possible solutions:

Production of Avatar - I imagine this will be left completely down to the teams to do.  As you said most if not all have one already.  Now remembering SkyPoker is on the tele, these Avatars would have to be a complete original creation of a member in the team (or sub contractor) with no existing rights on the image for any other parties.  In simpler terms, say for Diamond you couldn't Google images a diamond and use that picture, it's intellectual property would belong to someone else.  Also as SkyPoker would be using them I imagine the teams would have to sign over all intellectual property rights on them to Sky (although I'm not 100% certain on this).  Cliffs:  They have to be 100% original creations.

I think the password/lock is going to be too complicated to implement.  If they were there, they would be available for anyone to use.

Avatar spaces - I'm not sure how much work will go into creating these options.  It could easily be a small coding change, it could also be a ton of work.  That's for a techie to say.

Personally I think it's an excellent idea.
  • Options
    GaryQQQGaryQQQ Member Posts: 6,804
    edited March 2013
    Great idea, +1 to this.

I've had avatars switched off for 3 years, if this happens they'll be coming back on.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,028
    edited March 2013
    Didn't Sky ask people to draw their own Avatars last year?
    Haven't heard any outcome from that.
  • Options
    SlykllistSlykllist Member Posts: 2,888
    edited March 2013
    I think this is a great idea and could easily be controlled by a team representative submitting members names to Sky in order for the avatar to be applied or indeed by issue of a password controlled by each individual team.
  • Options
    JPW33JPW33 Member Posts: 326
    edited March 2013
    From my understanding sky asked for removal of any hint to  a team name in your location because it might be construed as suspicious to any new player on the table, What difference would an avatar make ? Im all for a team avatar by the way !!
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited March 2013
    Why do we even need avatars anyway? Why not get rid so the other fields - primarily player name & chip stack - can be made bigger
  • Options
    ReDonkReDonk Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2013
    one thing is for sure, they need to update avatars anyways!
  • Options
    Sky_SamSky_Sam Member Posts: 738
    edited May 2013
    Hi Sammy,

Thanks for your post. The Avatars are changing slightly with the new HTML5 tables that are currently in development. This might be something that gets looked at a bit further down the line once the new tables are live. 

We'll let you (the community) know of any developments with this one. Thanks :)