You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Under 21 European Championships

WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
edited June 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
I've been mulling over the Under 21 tournament starting in Israel today.  I couldn't find much value in the first round of group games except for in the home nation to win their first game at 11/8.  Only a small bet mind, given they haven't played a competitive game in ages.  I've also had Over 2.5 goals at 7/5.  Under 21 games seem to be bigger scoring games than usual and most bookies don't seem to have noticed.

I also had a bit on Conor Wickham to be win the golden boot e/w at 25/1.  He's in great form the U21s and history shows you probably need 3 goals to get placed.  With England being in the softer group and expected to reach the semis, and given Wickham's sensational form at U21 level, 25/1 seems huge.

P.S.  I didn't realise the kick off in the Israel game was this early.  Score is currently 1-1 with half an hour gone.  Looking good for the over.

Comments

• Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited June 2013

Next round of games.

The first thing to say would be I think 8-1 for a home win is huge.  I know there is a bit of a difference in class between Israel and Italy and before Wednesday Israel hadn't played a competitive game in 3 years, but I like that price.  I also like the price for the draw, so I'll just go for a Israel/Draw double chance @ 2/1.

In the other group game today I'm confident England will beat a below-par Norway team.  I like 5/6.

Russia didn't look great the other night playing against a brilliant Spain team.  I think they are underrated going into this tournament.  I though the same about The Netherlands but they won they first game against Germany.  I like the draw @ 14/5.

• Options
    jordz16jordz16 Member Posts: 2,253
    edited June 2013
    I had money on holtby E/W to be top scorer at 66/1 he has scored 14 in 22 games for under 21's that was massive value, he scored in the first game so i dont know what his odds will be now but anything over 16s would still be great value imo