You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Strong Greyhound Fancy Monday Afternoon @ Swindon

joesman1joesman1 Member Posts: 2,053
edited June 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
Last Monday I watched a race (I had no interest in the race) and couldn't believe how well the 5 dog ran. I had studied the race beforehand and noticed the bitc@ in 5 was a very fast starter normally but struggled home. Well the lids went up and the 5 completely missed the break, and was left floundering in last. Race over I thought, not so she thought. She ran her heart out and just about hit the front by the 4th bend, but predictably faded a bit on the run to the winning line. I took note of her name, and checked her form on the Racing Post database. She was an A3 bitc@ at Oxford before it closed down and she moved tracks. Tomorrow she's back in the same A7 grade @ Swindon (yeah yeah I know grades differ @ tracks). She's up against a dog it beat (t4 tomorrow) last week, so the 4 dog CAN'T possibly win. The other dogs look inferior too. It's a GET ON bet!!! The judges/experts @ the track, AND the bookies won't have missed it either, so I don't suppose it will be bigger than 2/1. But it's a winner already in my mind, so I'll be backing it whatever the price. AND taking the 1st show. 

Edit:- just noticed I've omitted her name and race time... Durrrr!!!! Lol..... Selkirk Bash (trap 6) 3.58

Comments

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Strong Greyhound Fancy Monday Afternoon @ Swindon:
    Last Monday I watched a race (I had no interest in the race) and couldn't believe how well the 5 dog ran. I had studied the race beforehand and noticed the bitc@ in 5 was a very fast starter normally but struggled home. Well the lids went up and the 5 completely missed the break, and was left floundering in last. Race over I thought, not so she thought. She ran her heart out and just about hit the front by the 4th bend, but predictably faded a bit on the run to the winning line. I took note of her name, and checked her form on the Racing Post database. She was an A3 bitc@ at Oxford before it closed down and she moved tracks. Tomorrow she's back in the same A7 grade @ Swindon (yeah yeah I know grades differ @ tracks). She's up against a dog it beat (t4 tomorrow) last week, so the 4 dog CAN'T possibly win. The other dogs look inferior too. It's a GET ON bet!!! The judges/experts @ the track, AND the bookies won't have missed it either, so I don't suppose it will be bigger than 2/1. But it's a winner already in my mind, so I'll be backing it whatever the price. AND taking the 1st show.  Edit:- just noticed I've omitted her name and race time... Durrrr!!!! Lol..... Selkirk Bash (trap 6) 3.58
    Posted by joesman1
    Thanks, have made a note!
  • Options
    BARBIE59BARBIE59 Member Posts: 580
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Strong Greyhound Fancy Monday Afternoon @ Swindon:
    Last Monday I watched a race (I had no interest in the race) and couldn't believe how well the 5 dog ran. I had studied the race beforehand and noticed the bitc@ in 5 was a very fast starter normally but struggled home. Well the lids went up and the 5 completely missed the break, and was left floundering in last. Race over I thought, not so she thought. She ran her heart out and just about hit the front by the 4th bend, but predictably faded a bit on the run to the winning line. I took note of her name, and checked her form on the Racing Post database. She was an A3 bitc@ at Oxford before it closed down and she moved tracks. Tomorrow she's back in the same A7 grade @ Swindon (yeah yeah I know grades differ @ tracks). She's up against a dog it beat (t4 tomorrow) last week, so the 4 dog CAN'T possibly win. The other dogs look inferior too. It's a GET ON bet!!! The judges/experts @ the track, AND the bookies won't have missed it either, so I don't suppose it will be bigger than 2/1. But it's a winner already in my mind, so I'll be backing it whatever the price. AND taking the 1st show.  Edit:- just noticed I've omitted her name and race time... Durrrr!!!! Lol..... Selkirk Bash (trap 6) 3.58
    Posted by joesman1
     Just had a look no price up yet how long before race do they put them up?
  • Options
    5501355013 Member Posts: 336
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Strong Greyhound Fancy Monday Afternoon @ Swindon:
    In Response to Strong Greyhound Fancy Monday Afternoon @ Swindon :  Just had a look no price up yet how long before race do they put them up?
    Posted by BARBIE59
    It is 7/5 on Betfair.
  • Options
    BARBIE59BARBIE59 Member Posts: 580
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Strong Greyhound Fancy Monday Afternoon @ Swindon : It is 7/5 on Betfair.
    Posted by 55013
    ok cheers a bit short hey
  • Options
    5501355013 Member Posts: 336
    edited June 2013
    Cool tip Joesman1, hope you had a good bet on it. Added it to my L15, jolly good show.
  • Options
    pilgrim07pilgrim07 Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2013
    Nice one joesman1. Many thanks 
  • Options
    lMARKllMARKl Member Posts: 254
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the tip :D
  • Options
    BUFCBUFC Member Posts: 328
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for this. I only clicked on the Fancy A Bet section by mistake and clicked this thread thinking I was in general. I only had a small bet as I didn't know how serious a tipster you were and am now wishing I'd lumped on heavier but at 9/4 thanks nonetheless!
  • Options
    TheDartTheDart Member Posts: 1,581
    edited June 2013

A thank you from me too, gives me a bit extra for my golf betting funds :)

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited June 2013
    Very nice....I missed out :(
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No problem lads. Didn't win as far as I anticipated, but the strongest dog in the race turn 2nd and was always gonna close it down. Was a distance back to the 3rd dog. If I could keep off the horses and sports betting I'd be much richer lol..... I took a few years out from work some time ago and just did dog betting for a living. I'd get all the tapes from the race meetings at my local track and study them for hours at a time looking for bets. Watching for unlucky in running dogs. Dogs that drawn together that would bump each other leaving the traps, so paving the way for another dog to get a clear run. They are creatures of habit, some will turn left, some right out of the traps etc, and they will do it race after race. It allows u to form a picture of how a race will develop. After a while I knew the dogs better than their trainers lol, and they would come seeking my  advice if their dog could win. But was getting harder to get the money on, even travelling many many miles away it still wasn't easy. Ended up getting back into the Rat Race. But still like looking out  for unlucky dogs etc to back them next time out on the BAGS circuit. 
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited June 2013
    Please keep sharing, I'm determined not to miss out next time!
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,310
    edited June 2013
    No problem lads. Didn't win as far as I anticipated, but the strongest dog in the race turn 2nd and was always gonna close it down. Was a distance back to the 3rd dog. If I could keep off the horses and sports betting I'd be much richer lol..... I took a few years out from work some time ago and just did dog betting for a living. I'd get all the tapes from the race meetings at my local track and study them for hours at a time looking for bets. Watching for unlucky in running dogs. Dogs that drawn together that would bump each other leaving the traps, so paving the way for another dog to get a clear run. They are creatures of habit, some will turn left, some right out of the traps etc, and they will do it race after race. It allows u to form a picture of how a race will develop. After a while I knew the dogs better than their trainers lol, and they would come seeking my  advice if their dog could win. But was getting harder to get the money on, even travelling many many miles away it still wasn't easy. Ended up getting back into the Rat Race. But still like looking out  for unlucky dogs etc to back them next time out on the BAGS circuit. 
    Posted by joesman1
    Well done mate pity I have only just signed on and missed it LOL
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Soz Terry. U were probably still counting yer winnings, I mean takings from yesterday's collection lol.....
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,310
    edited June 2013
    Soz Terry. U were probably still counting yer winnings, I mean takings from yesterday's collection lol.....
    Posted by joesman1
    LOL
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Josemans,lumped on this morning and then just before the off!
    Owes you a drink!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Josemans,lumped on this morning and then just before the off! Owes you a drink!
    Posted by wynne1938
    I'll make sure I get it Mr Wynne... Every SPT from now on I'll be checking out the lobby.