You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Channel 4s coverage of Royal Ascot

5501355013 Member Posts: 336
edited June 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
I think the Channel 4 coverage of Royal Ascot this year has been really good, the Daily Mail tries to put it down nearly every day but i cannot pick any faults with it at all. Especially like the way we get to watch every race now but the general coverage has been spot on.

Comments

• Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,310
    edited June 2013
    Yes I have noticed the Mail, they are judging there comments on numbers watching. Well Im sorry but viewing figures were always going to be down this year simply because there are a lot of people ie non horse racing fans who will watch anything on the BBc but dont like the vulgar commercial channels.

As for the idiots who keep on saying we miss Thompson, McCirrick, Francome et al thank goodness for some professionalism. 

I used to count how many errors Francome made each day and it was 100 times more than any winners he ever selected. 
    Thompson's interviews were cringe worthy and still are.
    McCirick just used to say things to cause auguments among panel.

As with Cattermole, he is proving this year elsewhere that he is much better as a race commentator than presenter.

The surprise for me is that Emma Spencer has raised her game, didnt rate her but she lot better than what she was.

OK not sure about Richie parsad but all in all smiles better.
  • Options
    5501355013 Member Posts: 336
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Channel 4s coverage of Royal Ascot:
    Yes I have noticed the Mail, they are judging there comments on numbers watching. Well Im sorry but viewing figures were always going to be down this year simply because there are a lot of people ie non horse racing fans who will watch anything on the BBc but dont like the vulgar commercial channels. As for the idiots who keep on saying we miss Thompson, McCirrick, Francome et al thank goodness for some professionalism.  I used to count how many errors Francome made each day and it was 100 times more than any winners he ever selected.  Thompson's interviews were cringe worthy and still are. McCirick just used to say things to cause auguments among panel. As with Cattermole, he is proving this year elsewhere that he is much better as a race commentator than presenter. The surprise for me is that Emma Spencer has raised her game, didnt rate her but she lot better than what she was. OK not sure about Richie parsad but all in all smiles better.
    Posted by vaigret

Agree what you say about Emma Spencer, always liked her, jolly nice lass.
    Shame about what happened in the 3.05, real shame.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: Channel 4s coverage of Royal Ascot : Agree what you say about Emma Spencer, always liked her, jolly nice lass. Shame about what happened in the 3.05, real shame.
    Posted by 55013
    Tragedy
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i prefered the bbc coverage of roayal ascot but each to there own 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    so did I idonkcallu but Channel 4 have made a good stab at it

and 

you cant prefer horse racing coverage on BBC 

THERE isnt ANY
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    as i said so did i but it isnt an option now so we have to support the only teresstrial racing we have whatever went before.
  • Options
    andybuckandybuck Member Posts: 652
    edited June 2013
    BBC .look at her hat with a dead peacock on it oohhh wait a minute there off no build up pre race,,c4 have hijacked the bbc best for racing {presenters commentators}...plus there own who are superb...bbc are a joke when it comes to sports alike apart from match of the day..c4 made sure this festival of superb racing controlled there airwaves also big shout to atr aswell.id like to stick my hard earned right up the left wings bbc trumper...
  • Options
    WilhelmWilhelm Member Posts: 1,730
    edited June 2013
    BBC .look at her hat with a dead peacock on it oohhh wait a minute there off no build up pre race,,c4 have hijacked the bbc best for racing {presenters commentators}...plus there own who are superb...bbc are a joke when it comes to sports alike apart from match of the day..c4 made sure this festival of superb racing controlled there airwaves also big shout to atr aswell.id like to stick my hard earned right up the left wings bbc trumper...
    Posted by andybuck
    Channel 4 have been excellent this year.  I remember on the first day of Cheltenham one of the jockeys was injured and there was an hour delay to the next race.  Channel 4 stayed with Cheltenham right up to the news at 7 I think.  I don't think any other terrestrial channel would have done that.
  • Options
    BELL_POKERBELL_POKER Member Posts: 1,295
    edited June 2013
    did they show every race at cheltenham this year like at ascot??? first i knew of that, thats impressive. saves having to run to bar or bookies then if sitting at home. yeah i agree that the beeb were all about the fashion and had some abnoxious pr @t prancing about, ch 4's coverage seemed good and on the whole i like the new makeover, not sure why theres so much disharmony towards them on a large scale. only one major bug bear i had to begin was the new jockeys silks graphics on screen theyd show but even know i have become used to the layout already 
  • Options
    innitinnit Member Posts: 135
    edited June 2013
    enjoyed ch 4  ascot at least they covered every race   bring back ch 4 tipsters comp  on a saturday  mananged to win it 3 times  last time got a free day at  sandown  3 course meal and drinks  took the wife .