You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Football Bet of the Year

68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
edited July 2013 in Sports & Betting Chat
 Every year a couple of unbelievable value bets come along on the footie.
I remember Liverpool at EVS away at Swindon, as one that stood out.
Well Friday night brings the first of this years bets.

Millwall are 7/5 with Sky to win at home to Villa in the FA Cup.
As a Villa fan it hurts to place this post but when you look at where we are as a club, especially after last night, the fact it is the FA Cup, and most importantly the fact we play Newcastle at home on the Tuesday night in a do or die fixture, I cannot believe Millwall are 7/5.
I say LUMP ON big style.
Also think that Wycombe may be a huge price at 7/2 away at Bradford, after the Lord Mayor's Show and all that.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2013

Hope you all piled on.

• Options
    5501355013 Member Posts: 336
    edited January 2013
    I made a mental note when i read this yesterday but thought the match was today (Sat). Nice one anyway. The Liverpool Swindon match you mentioned is that the one from way back in the 90s when it was 0-5 or summit?, if so i remember watching that game in a pub in Dumfries on a stag do.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yes it was the 5-0, as close to a certainty in football terms as you could get. 
  • Options
    edited February 2013

Galatasary are currently available at 6/4 to qualify for the next stage of Champions League.
    This is an outstanding price versus a Schalke team that is in a fair bit of disarray and a mere shadow of the team from last year.

Definite maximum bet advised.
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Hope you were all on.

Number 3 bet of the year coming shortly.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,239
    edited March 2013
    I remember about 20 years ago Blackpool were 20/1 to win 3-0 at home against someone

The news quickly spread around the snooker club in Bpool where i used to live and evryone seemed to have piled on it . it was Demmy bookmakers (not sure if there around anymore ). Sure enough it was 3-0 to pool and evryone was happy. the bookies had to stop paying out as they ran out of money by early pm
  • Options
    edited June 2013
     Another big bet advised on the following.
    Australia at 4/1 to win the current series 2-1 against the Lions. 
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Come on the Aussies! 
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,316
    edited July 2013
    Ouch
  • Options
    THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited July 2013
    never like to see another man lose in betting but backing the aussies against the lions? i hope your australian thats all i can say!!!
  • Options
    edited July 2013

After the failure of my last bet I am hoping to return with a big bang.

Think I may have found a 100/1 shot.

I suggest having a small wager on Thorbjorn Olesen at 100/1 for The Open at Muirfield.

Has just started to return to some form, not afraid of the big events as proved by his 9th place finish last year and recent good showing at The Masters.
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: Football Bet of the Year:
     After the failure of my last bet I am hoping to return with a big bang.  Think I may have found a 100/1 shot.  I suggest having a small wager on Thorbjorn Olesen at 100/1 for The Open at Muirfield.  Has just started to return to some form, not afraid of the big events as proved by his 9th place finish last year and recent good showing at The Masters.
    Posted by 68Trebor
    I've got a couple of quid on him. Also done Matt Kuchar, Webb Simpson, Ian Poulter & Chris Wood.

So you can all rule these guys out as I've never won a golf bet, lol.