You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

new software

tierceltiercel Member Posts: 325
edited August 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
In terms of play - a lot better. Adjustable tables a definite plus and larger cards, etc.and info. also better. Criticisms .
Chat needs to be more distinguishable from all the other info that paases through the box  but it is clearer than the standard box.
Its bit too blue and pale blue at that. A bit cluttered and busy with the avatars .Plays better without. Performance on Sky tends to be a bit gluey normally in big tourneys. A bit better here but I find it a bit stuttery when the cards are being dealt ( don't have this problem with the other site I use.). I've not explored all the options so these are initial thoughts . Its on the way but not quite there.

Comments

• Options
    Sky_JoeSky_Joe Member Posts: 276
    edited August 2013
    In Response to new software:
    In terms of play - a lot better. Adjustable tables a definite plus and larger cards, etc.and info. also better. Criticisms . Chat needs to be more distinguishable from all the other info that paases through the box  but it is clearer than the standard box. Its bit too blue and pale blue at that. A bit cluttered and busy with the avatars .Plays better without. Performance on Sky tends to be a bit gluey normally in big tourneys. A bit better here but I find it a bit stuttery when the cards are being dealt ( don't have this problem with the other site I use.). I've not explored all the options so these are initial thoughts . Its on the way but not quite there.
    Posted by tiercel
    Hey tiercel,

Thanks a lot for your feedback, this is exactly the kind of stuff we are looking for to help strive towards continuous improvement and development.

Thanks a lot for your positive comments, we hope that you are finding the new software easier to use, helping to create a better playing experience for yourself.

It is interesting that you have highlighted the different coloured chat messages as a possible enhancement (as this has been mentioned in a seperate thread)

We have taken this feedback on board and will look at developing this issue going forward. We will let you know of any changes to this in the near future.

With regards to the blue colour of the tables. This is something that we have conciously developed to be in line with the rest of our product. During beta testing, the colours that we used were generally perceived as a positive thing but your feedback has been taken on board and it will be very interesting to see if we have any other suggestions or comments regarding the overall colour of the tables.

With regards to the 'gluey' nature of the card dealing during big tournaments. As you are probably aware of, the new softare is not yet available for tournament play. This will be available within the next couple of weeks. We are addressing the issue of lag times during big tournaments and you will see a big change regarding this in the next few weeks.

Hopefully you can get a few more playing sessions under your belt and then let us know any further thoughts you have on the software (both positive and negative) and we look forward to hearing them.

Thanks again,

Joe
  • Options
    tierceltiercel Member Posts: 325
    edited August 2013
    The colour is not a serious issue . I would just like a bit more contrast but that is me. 

Response to Re: new software:
    In Response to new software : Hey tiercel, Thanks a lot for your feedback, this is exactly the kind of stuff we are looking for to help strive towards continuous improvement and development. Thanks a lot for your positive comments, we hope that you are finding the new software easier to use, helping to create a better playing experience for yourself. It is interesting that you have highlighted the different coloured chat messages as a possible enhancement (as this has been mentioned in a seperate thread) We have taken this feedback on board and will look at developing this issue going forward. We will let you know of any changes to this in the near future. With regards to the blue colour of the tables. This is something that we have conciously developed to be in line with the rest of our product. During beta testing, the colours that we used were generally perceived as a positive thing but your feedback has been taken on board and it will be very interesting to see if we have any other suggestions or comments regarding the overall colour of the tables. With regards to the 'gluey' nature of the card dealing during big tournaments. As you are probably aware of, the new softare is not yet available for tournament play. This will be available within the next couple of weeks. We are addressing the issue of lag times during big tournaments and you will see a big change regarding this in the next few weeks. Hopefully you can get a few more playing sessions under your belt and then let us know any further thoughts you have on the software (both positive and negative) and we look forward to hearing them. Thanks again, Joe
    Posted by Sky_Joe