You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker software - can we get a new update please?

MagicMernMagicMern Member Posts: 32
edited August 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
Hi guys,

I don't know whether this is in the pipeline or not, or whether there is already a thread about this, but I wanted to share my opinions on the Sky Poker software.

I am a poker player, coach, and training site founder amassing over 30,000 sit n go games total over a number of poker networks. I've actually recently just put up a small series of videos for the DYM's on sky poker onto the website. I play as Magicmern here on Sky, and Magic.merny on 888.com.

I am also an affiliate for 888.com and Skypoker, but unfortunately I only play on Sky very occasionally. This is because the Sky poker software/client is very poor. (Sorry but I have to be honest!)

I enjoy playing at Sky every now and again because on the whole, the players are weak, and the community/friendly people are a bonus. If the standard wasn't so weak (on the whole, no accusations thrown anywhere!) then I would never play at Sky because the software is that bad.

The main problems are as such:

• Having to rotate your seat, adjust the volume, and change the chat settings on every single table that comes up.

• When trying to save the settings for the above, they do not save for the next table, even though it says "settings saved to server".

• Sound effects can be heard for all tables at all times, instead of just the one table that you are currently playing on (this is very annoying when multi-tabling).

• If you want to see the previous hand, you have to go through a long and arduous process in the game history which takes a long time to load up, and doesn't even show the hand in a visual video/playback mode like on other sites.

• Table focus: if you are checking your emails/skysports.com and are away from the table, the table does NOT pop up automatically when it is your turn. This is very bad.

• There is a general "lag" or "stutter" with the software which is frustrating and can mean a player auto folds hands.

• The money balance of a player's poker account is slow to update.

• Notes: you can make notes, but you cannot mark a player a particular colour for winning player/losing player/fish/shark etc, this again is really bad and all other poker sites do this.

• You cannot resize the tables to how you want them. Personally i dont like mini view as you cannot chat, but I would like to be able to resize the big tables, which I can't.

I recently filled out a huge customer feedback survey that was sent to me from you guys because I really do want to help. Sky poker has some of the fishiest players/games around (this is a very very positive thing), but it really is lagging (quite literally) behind when it comes to software.

Take a look at 888.com - they are the opposite of you guys at the moment, their Russian players make the games hard and sometimes impossible to win at, their exchange rate when cashing in/out is terrible, and their customer service is DIABOLICAL, but, I would sooner play there because the software is smoother, doesn't give me a headache and makes life easier and ultimately the poker more enjoyable.

^ ^ ^ If you could fix your software, I would be all over Skypoker, raking £5000+ a year for your company. It needs a complete overhaul - a completely new client/download.

Finally, I want to help: in the survey it asked me whether I would be interested in testing new games/new software, and I would be. Use me and abuse me! My website is gaining in members all the time and I want to be able to promote Sky poker as the number one double or nothing sit n go site.

Thanks for reading guys.

MM

Comments

• Options
    Sky_JoeSky_Joe Member Posts: 276
    edited August 2013
    Hey there MagicMern,

I think you have voiced your concerns at the perfect time!

From what I can gather from your post, you have not yet tried the brand new software.

If you head on over to the Hold'Em lobby and launch any table using the new 'Launch New Table' button found underneath the usual icon, you can have a play around on the new software we've been working on.

The new features can all be found here including resizing of tables, auto-focus, auto top-up, new functions on player chat and a brand new mini view. Please have a read through of all the new features and then get yourself on the tables to try them all out!

We all would be extremely appreciative to hear your feedback on the new software.

Hope to hear from you soon and good luck at the tables :)

Thanks,

Joe