You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New Poker Table

cailan1994cailan1994 Member Posts: 1
edited August 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
Honestly i dont like it... rather stick to the old one

Comments

• Options
    Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited August 2013
    Hi,

Is there anything in particular you don't like?

As with a lot of things that are new, you might need time to get used to it. There is a whole host of improvements, which you can find here

Thanks
    Lee
  • Options
    tierceltiercel Member Posts: 325
    edited August 2013
    Can I add to my previous comments. The stack info goes grey when the player folds. For people with challenged eyesight this makes it hareder to distinguish the figures.
    2) When  player leaves the table and is replaced by another you can miss this and it could affect how you play the hand. Short of having your avatar climbout of his seat and walk off. How about flashing lights and a fanfare to let you know a new player has sat in ?
  • Options
    SmitalosSmitalos Member Posts: 536
    edited August 2013
    I'm gunna echo these comments, mainly the new BG-colour over the players.

On the old software, it was black when action was on them, and white when it's not. Extremely easy to see where the action is at any point in the hand.
    With the new software, everything seems to just blend together with everyone having a really pale colour palette. The new timer is great, but combined with the already soft blue table-BG, the colour choices are just shocking. Appalling even.

-- Old Software --
    Table BG - Dark Blue
    Player Text - Black (or white, dependant on action)
    Seat Open - Dark Grey (w/Seat Available in bold white)
    Action is on XXXX - Black
    Still in hand, action not on them - White
    Folded - White
    Sat-out - White (Sat-out written under name)

Notes - Lime-Green

-- New Software --
    Table BG - Pale Blue
    Player Text - Light Grey (or white, dependant on action)
    Seat Open - Light Blue Circle
    Action is on XXXX - Dark Grey
    Folded - Light Grey
    Still in hand, action not on them - Light Blue
    Sat-out -
    Light Purple (No indication of sitting-out)
    Notes - Pale Yellow

Whoever was in charge of colour choice has done a poor job imo. The one strength of the old software were the bold colour, and extremely minimalistic simple layout.
    Players complained about bugs, the size of the software, and the missing features compared to other sites.
    Weaker, paler colour pallette, is a bad direction to go in, especially when players can't customise it themselves. (like they can on other sites)
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: New Poker Table:
    I'm gunna echo these comments, mainly the new BG-colour over the players. On the old software, it was black when action was on them, and white when it's not. Extremely easy to see where the action is at any point in the hand. With the new software, everything seems to just blend together with everyone having a really pale colour palette. The new timer is great, but combined with the already soft blue table-BG, the colour choices are just shocking. Appalling even. -- Old Software -- Table BG - Dark Blue Player Text - Black (or white, dependant on action) Seat Open - Dark Grey (w/Seat Available in bold white) Action is on XXXX - Black Still in hand, action not on them - White Folded - White Sat-out - White (Sat-out written under name) Notes - Lime-Green -- New Software -- Table BG - Pale Blue Player Text - Light Grey (or white, dependant on action) Seat Open - Light Blue Circle Action is on XXXX - Dark Grey Folded - Light Grey Still in hand, action not on them - Light Blue Sat-out - Light Purple (No indication of sitting-out) Notes - Pale Yellow Whoever was in charge of colour choice has done a poor job imo. The one strength of the old software were the bold colour, and extremely minimalistic simple layout. Players complained about bugs, the size of the software, and the missing features compared to other sites. Weaker, paler colour pallette, is a bad direction to go in, especially when players can't customise it themselves. (like they can on other sites)
    Posted by Smitalos

lol my first line in response to a request for feedback on the beta was -

" I get the feeling the colour scheme has been chosen to give highlights to where the action is, I just find it all abit samey and the players boxes not defined enough."

and 

" Before the label area was white the names dark blue and they stood out, now it's light blue background, medium dark blue text AND the close background is a similar consistently coloured blue. Can we bold the player names or something to make them stand out slightly more. "

and then another email or two down the line...

"All a bit blue - every where really is all too blue, and the blue is all the same. The current mini view has a halo effect of lighter blue in the middle and around the edge is darker, this seems to provide more focus than the very similar blues on the new one. same with the area where the name is as it's light blue rather than the previous white areas. "

We've actually come a decent way from the inital look but there is obv still a way to go.
  • Options
    Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the feedback guys, all being taken onboard.
  • Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, first impressions were that the new software has a nice look and feel but I too have had to concentrate much harder to follow the action - I thought it was just me until I read the above comments. The colours do merge together

I also thought the choice of avatars was abit limited. I ended up with the one that looks like an oriental version of Tikay. Other sites have flags and varous symbols/icons as well as human avatars
  • Options
    AHiOYeahAHiOYeah Member Posts: 4
    edited August 2013
    I like the fact that tables can be resized but the old version has the reduced table size that is a little more simple. As an absolute minimum the actual text box for conversation has to be removable otherwise multi tabling will become a lot tougher.
  • Options
    Sky_JoeSky_Joe Member Posts: 276
    edited August 2013
    All good feedback guys,

Regarding the colour of particular buttons (especially whilst multi-tabling) it is something that we will keep monitoring and evaluating so any suggestions and feedback is greatly appreciated.

Regarding the minimisation of the chat box in compact viw, this is again something that we are looking into whilst reviewing all feedback from players.

We will keep striving to make our product as user friendly as possible so please please please keep all the feedback coming :)

Thanks again,

Joe