You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Chat Box

GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
edited August 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
how to get the full chat panel up - I can only see a little chat box that is not very useful - and I cannot find any reference to it in options faq or whatever. we do neeed the full chat functionality.

cheers Sky_Joe

Comments

• Options
    Sky_JoeSky_Joe Member Posts: 276
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Chat Box:
    how to get the full chat panel up - I can only see a little chat box that is not very useful - and I cannot find any reference to it in options faq or whatever. we do neeed the full chat functionality. cheers Sky_Joe
    Posted by GELDY
    Small Edit - joe

Hey GELDY,

If you are a web browser user then you can play around with the responsive design element of the new table software to display a much larger chat box

If you drag the table from the bottom right hand corner then you can manipulate the table to whatever kind of look you are after.

There are various different positions and formats that the table can mould into so take a bit of time finding the one that is right for you.

If you are a download user, then this feature is not supported right now, but we will be looking to introduce this in the near future - fully dependent on player feedback to tell us what is important to you.

This is exactly the kind of feedback we want, so thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

How is the rest of the new table for you at the moment?

Thanks,

Joe
  • Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited August 2013
    you cant get a bigger chat window, other than how big the window goes relative to the size of your table.

clicking in the bottom right 'summary and chat' gives you the option to turn on/off player chat, see just dealer messages or everything. but there is no just chat option like before.

scroll lock isn't an option now it just shouldn't automatically scroll down.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    thanks for your edit, Joe
    thought I was going mad, but I was using the download client thinking that would be the "proper" one to use.
    now using the browser version i can get the "old style" chat box up ok. and i like the auto sticky if within the thread, auto scroll if at the bottom

hands are very clear to see - no other specific feedback for the moment - need to play a bit more to discover whether some aspects are merely due to unfamiliarity.

oh - tables seem slower to open - might end up missing a hand when late-regging - but that happens now anyway but might happen more

PS did you get my PM?

PPS dealer button looks a bit small - takes a while working out where you are sitting
  • Options
    Carlos_Carlos_ Member Posts: 51
    edited August 2013
    Why do sky feel the need to keep filling the chat box with upcoming tourney ads. could you have an option that could turn them off because there very annoying if there is alot of banter going off and these ads keep popping up all the time.

If the above isn't an option then could you make them a different colour so that its easier to distinguish between them and the chat when the screens are minimised.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Chat Box:
    thanks for your edit, Joe thought I was going mad, but I was using the download client thinking that would be the "proper" one to use. now using the browser version i can get the "old style" chat box up ok. and i like the auto sticky if within the thread, auto scroll if at the bottom hands are very clear to see - no other specific feedback for the moment - need to play a bit more to discover whether some aspects are merely due to unfamiliarity. oh - tables seem slower to open - might end up missing a hand when late-regging - but that happens now anyway but might happen more PS did you get my PM? PPS dealer button looks a bit small - takes a while working out where you are sitting
    Posted by GELDY
    Hey GELDY,

I have replied to your PM :)

The slow table load is something that we are very much aware of and are working on at the moment to correct.

I have also noted your views on the size of the dealer button. It would be interesting to see what other players think to this suggestion? It is certainly something that we could modify or alter, but we would need to see that other players are in agreeance that this button could do with been a little bigger?

Thanks a lot,

Joe
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Why do sky feel the need to keep filling the chat box with upcoming tourney ads. could you have an option that could turn them off because there very annoying if there is alot of banter going off and these ads keep popping up all the time. If the above isn't an option then could you make them a different colour so that its easier to distinguish between them and the chat when the screens are minimised.
    Posted by Carlos_
    Hey Carlos,

Thanks a lot for the feedback! How are you finding the new software aside from the chat box related issues?

Regarding the tournament advertising chat pop-ups, as you can imagine, this is something that is vital for the sustainability of our business and to help keep people aware of what is up and coming (as many people can lose the track of time when deeply involved with a big cash session)

I have taken on board your suggestion to make the pop up advertisements a different coloyr as this could help distinguish between different features.

I hope this answers your concerns and feedback and I would greatly appreciate any other thoughts you have on the new software.

Thanks a lot,

Joe
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited August 2013
    I personally don't have a problem with the size of the dealer button. Like I mentioned in the other thread, I feel the new look just takes a little time to adjust to. Once you've given it time and you familiarize with everything you soon notice where the dealer button is.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    large chat box needs to be the default

• Options
    foldUfairyfoldUfairy Member Posts: 148
    edited August 2013
    I would like the option to minimize/remove the chat box.

It takes up too much space when multi-tabling and just makes things harder to follow overall.

I understand that the chat is extremely important to recs and talking whilst playing is good for the games overall, but when i'm multi-tabling i'm not looking to chat and would really like the tables to be as clear as possible.

I think being able to minimize/remove the chat box in the options tab if you would like to should be considered.
  • Options
    SkyPeterSkyPeter Member Posts: 221
    edited August 2013
    I would like the option to minimize/remove the chat box. It takes up too much space when multi-tabling and just makes things harder to follow overall. I understand that the chat is extremely important to recs and talking whilst playing is good for the games overall, but when i'm multi-tabling i'm not looking to chat and would really like the tables to be as clear as possible. I think being able to minimize/remove the chat box in the options tab if you would like to should be considered.
    Posted by foldUfairy
    Cheers for your feedback, we understand a lot of players do not use the chat facitily and may prefer this option. In saying this would you prefer the table size to stay the same if the chat box was removed? Or the table to grow to the size of the window without the chat box taking up space? 

Would you say that the main issue of the chat box is clutter, or taking up space needed for the table?

Cheers.
  • Options
    foldUfairyfoldUfairy Member Posts: 148
    edited August 2013
    In Response to Re: Chat Box : Cheers for your feedback, we understand a lot of players do not use the chat facitily and may prefer this option. In saying this would you prefer the table size to stay the same if the chat box was removed? Or the table to grow to the size of the window without the chat box taking up space?  Would you say that the main issue of the chat box is clutter, or taking up space needed for the table? Cheers.
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Yeah preferably i'd like the table to fill the space of the chat box when minimized/removed.

I have had both tables new/old next to each other to compare and I think this is the main reason old mini view is easier to follow and more clear is because it uses the whole window.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks a lot foldUfairy,

If anyone else has any views on the chat box size in compact view then that would be great.

It's interesting that you suggest using the entire screen to fill the compact view as opposed to having some real estate used up for the chat box.

It is certainly something that we will look at and investigate and collate opinions further.

Do you have any further feedback for the new software?

Thanks a lot for your feedback,

Joe
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited August 2013
    The chat in the chat box is now bolded grey, how about making the player's name boldened as well so the whole chat line stands out a little better from the "Beginning a new hand...." text?

And do we need the pictorial representation of cards when "xxx has won a hand with Three 8s"? Surely just the text is enough?
  • Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    edited August 2013
    I am very surprised there are features in the web window that are not in the download. I thought the download was Sky's preferred option

I have been using the download and miss the large chat area

I too think the dealer button is too small. It contributes to the problems I have been having following the action that I mention on the other thread
  • Options
    RealAntoGRealAntoG Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Why do sky feel the need to keep filling the chat box with upcoming tourney ads. could you have an option that could turn them off because there very annoying if there is alot of banter going off and these ads keep popping up all the time. If the above isn't an option then could you make them a different colour so that its easier to distinguish between them and the chat when the screens are minimised.
    Posted by Carlos_

I agree, and they should put each hand's details in a different box, because it gets in the way of the chat. Its called chat box for a reason!!!!!!!