You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Lags! Graphics card?

rurarixrurarix Member Posts: 41
edited September 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
Hello. My problem is: When i play normal view tables i can only play 2-3 tables without slowing down (lags), adding  more tables makes it gradually slower and slower until almost unplayable. This also happens with mini view tables, but here i can play about 6 tables of mini view without slowing down, more tables 8-12 and it's slowing down gradually as well. I have stable connection and my processor loads for about 35-40% with the maximum amount of tables, either full size or mini view...So i think may be it's my graphics card?
Btw my setup: Asus laptop connected to external monitor via HDMI:
Core 2 duo processor, 4gb ddr3 ram, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD.

Please help with any suggestions. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,428
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Lags! Graphics card?:
    Hello. My problem is: When i play normal view tables i can only play 2-3 tables without slowing down (lags), adding  more tables makes it gradually slower and slower until almost unplayable. This also happens with mini view tables, but here i can play about 6 tables of mini view without slowing down, more tables 8-12 and it's slowing down gradually as well. I have stable connection and my processor loads for about 35-40% with the maximum amount of tables, either full size or mini view...So i think may be it's my graphics card? Btw my setup: Asus laptop connected to external monitor via HDMI: Core 2 duo processor, 4gb ddr3 ram, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD. Please help with any suggestions. Thanks.
    Posted by rurarix

Try less bumhunting and snap running after youve trebled up vs a reg and a rec, with the rec leaving the tabled busted. 

Perhaps your pc will work faster on moral grounds then.

• Options
    Sky_PokerSky_Poker Member Posts: 2,715
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Lags! Graphics card?:
    Hello. My problem is: When i play normal view tables i can only play 2-3 tables without slowing down (lags), adding  more tables makes it gradually slower and slower until almost unplayable. This also happens with mini view tables, but here i can play about 6 tables of mini view without slowing down, more tables 8-12 and it's slowing down gradually as well. I have stable connection and my processor loads for about 35-40% with the maximum amount of tables, either full size or mini view...So i think may be it's my graphics card? Btw my setup: Asus laptop connected to external monitor via HDMI: Core 2 duo processor, 4gb ddr3 ram, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD. Please help with any suggestions. Thanks.
    Posted by rurarix
    Can we just check that you are playing the new version of the software please?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Lags! Graphics card?:
    In Response to Lags! Graphics card? : Can we just check that you are playing the new version of the software please?
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    I play new tables. What do you mean by version? When the software was asking for an update, it was updated then. Thanks.
  • Options
    AcidMan27AcidMan27 Member Posts: 3,752
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Re: Lags! Graphics card?:
    In Response to Re: Lags! Graphics card? : I play new tables. What do you mean by version? When the software was asking for an update, it was updated then. Thanks.
    Posted by rurarix
    There is a new version of the software to use. It's only available on the cash tables for the time being.

I'd say your lag is a combination of factors. Laptops are generally slower than desktop PC's and your spec is getting on a bit now to run large amounts of tables.

It sounds like the graphics in your laptop use shared resources meaning it will use some of your RAM and CPU to operate.

If you seriously want to play quite a few tables i'd invest in a desktop PC.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Hello acid, thanks for reply. I'm playing new version of tables if that's what you mean...Anyway it was the same problem with older ones. Also i'm experiencing this only on skypoker, not with any other website, i can play 20-24 tables on stars without any slowdown - that means that sky is very pc resources hungry and only because of this i will probably invest in powerful desktop pc. Thanks anyway m8.