You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

a reg returns to new tables

jugglegeekjugglegeek Member Posts: 623
edited September 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
I used to be a Sky Poker NL4 regular. This was the first site I ever played on and for a long time the only site. Then I moved around to other sites, came back and eventually left for good because the softwear was so awful in comparison to the other sites. So I'll post some of my thoughts about the new softwear.

First the good:

Auto-top up. Finally! not much to say here. It needed to be done more than anything else. Those days of having your bad beat succeeded by AA/KK only to find you have 6.5BBs left are thankfully behind us.

Re-sizeable tables. Hurrah!

re-raising actually makes sense. If I want to bet £2.50 then that's now what I enter into the bet box. I don't have to subtract the first bet from my intended two/three-bet and then enter that. Whooot!

Now the bad:

The tables seem to change when they get bellow a certain size. It doesn't affect the way they play but they look different.

Auto top-up only works for the table maximum. What if a player wants to play a MasterCash with 100BBs rather than 200BBs (or god forbid someone wants to shortstack!)

Limited options when raising pre-flop. There are three buttons to chose from 2,3 or 4BBs. The 2BBs button is completely useless since this is the minimum anyway, if a player wanted to min-raise they could do that just by clicking the raise button. I would prefer for totally customisable buttons or failing that a button for 3BBs and a button for "pot" (that can be used for 3bets). Post flop is great.

Also when you open a new table it auto seats you nearest to the other player. It would be better to give the player the option of where to sit first. This is especially important when starting new tables (you typically want to play HU opposite a player so that both early birds get new players to their right).

Finally I only found out about this update this week. I have in the past recieved marketing text messages (some offering me a free bet). I recieved no such message. Could there be others who have left Sky because of the softwear who do not know about this update. Could be a missed oppertunity?

Thanks again. There has clearly been a lot of work put into this new softwear.

Paul

Comments

• Options
    SkyPeterSkyPeter Member Posts: 221
    edited September 2013
    In Response to a reg returns to new tables:
    I used to be a Sky Poker NL4 regular. This was the first site I ever played on and for a long time the only site. Then I moved around to other sites, came back and eventually left for good because the softwear was so awful in comparison to the other sites. So I'll post some of my thoughts about the new softwear. First the good: Auto-top up. Finally! not much to say here. It needed to be done more than anything else. Those days of having your bad beat succeeded by AA/KK only to find you have 6.5BBs left are thankfully behind us. Re-sizeable tables. Hurrah! re-raising actually makes sense. If I want to bet £2.50 then that's now what I enter into the bet box. I don't have to subtract the first bet from my intended two/three-bet and then enter that. Whooot! Now the bad: The tables seem to change when they get bellow a certain size. It doesn't affect the way they play but they look different. Auto top-up only works for the table maximum. What if a player wants to play a MasterCash with 100BBs rather than 200BBs (or god forbid someone wants to shortstack!) Limited options when raising pre-flop. There are three buttons to chose from 2,3 or 4BBs. The 2BBs button is completely useless since this is the minimum anyway, if a player wanted to min-raise they could do that just by clicking the raise button. I would prefer for totally customisable buttons or failing that a button for 3BBs and a button for "pot" (that can be used for 3bets). Post flop is great. Also when you open a new table it auto seats you nearest to the other player. It would be better to give the player the option of where to sit first. This is especially important when starting new tables (you typically want to play HU opposite a player so that both early birds get new players to their right). Finally I only found out about this update this week. I have in the past recieved marketing text messages (some offering me a free bet). I recieved no such message. Could there be others who have left Sky because of the softwear who do not know about this update. Could be a missed oppertunity? Thanks again. There has clearly been a lot of work put into this new softwear. Paul
    Posted by jugglegeek

Hi Jugglegeek,

Welcome back! I'm glad you are a fan of the new tables and your feedback on what could be improved has been very helpful especially with the information regarding the marketing SMS messages.

Customisable Auto Top-Up and your ideas on the BB buttons are good suggestions and shall be taken into account for future development.

Many thanks for your feedback,  if you have anymore feedback on the new tables we will welcome it.

Good luck on the tables!

• Options
    SkyPeterSkyPeter Member Posts: 221
    edited September 2013

Also regarding the Auto-Seating, the preference can be turned off in the "Seating" preferences as seen in the image with the "Auto Seat me at Table" option.