You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Running slow - help needed

noiseyBnoiseyB Member Posts: 2
edited September 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
Hi, i'm not experienced with computers so would appreciate any help...

I use a dongle for a connection which works well on 'other' poker sites but on sky my computer seems to go slow and I get timed out a lot or big gaps appear in the game - especially in tournament play more so than cash but its still not good in cash. Could it be my computer and if so what can I do to help (broadband connection is not an option).

Ive tried both on downloaded sky and through an internet link, both are the same.

Hope you can help. Thanks, Neil

Comments

• Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited September 2013
    I spend a fair proportion of my time connected through a dongle as well, and really there is not a lot you can do. The Sky software is very process heavy (the new cash tables have helped a little, but only a little) and I just learned to live with it if I wanted to play on Sky. As you say, other poker sites exist.
  • Options
    SkyPeterSkyPeter Member Posts: 221
    edited September 2013
    In Response to Running slow - help needed:
    Hi, i'm not experienced with computers so would appreciate any help... I use a dongle for a connection which works well on 'other' poker sites but on sky my computer seems to go slow and I get timed out a lot or big gaps appear in the game - especially in tournament play more so than cash but its still not good in cash. Could it be my computer and if so what can I do to help (broadband connection is not an option). Ive tried both on downloaded sky and through an internet link, both are the same. Hope you can help. Thanks, Neil
    Posted by noiseyB
    Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues, the issue most likely stems from a connection issue on your end or an issue with flash software. Are you completely updated to the latest version of adobe flash? Have you tried the browser version through Google Chrome and Internet Explorer (preferably internet explorer 10)?

The new cash tables does appear to fix the issue and we are currently developing the new software for tournament use.

Hope that helps,

SkyPeter.

• Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited September 2013
    Don't bother trying it in IE10, it will be worse. Chrome is worth a try, as is Firefox