You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tables opening in new software after being on waiting list?

DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
edited October 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
Is this the same for everyone?  Is there anyway to revert it back?  I dont have a problem when I open the table from the lobby, just after being on a waiting list.

I just cant get used to the new software :-(

Comments

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited October 2013
    Open the table up in old software and join that way. Seems to be random which version opens if you just blind reg on the list from lobby.
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited October 2013
    Same problems here and it's REALLY annoying. As Splashies said, it seems to be random which type loads. It can't be the same issue of 'it loads in whatever type you had the table open in last' cos I never play in the new software so the new would never be the type I'd played on X table last but it still loads randomly in the new software.

It's particurlarly annoying cos I dont wanna play with 2 different types of software so I have to just close the table and sometimes you're lucky and can close it, reload that table manually and sit, other times by the time you've done that someone has taken your seat and you've missed out, have to go on the list again, and who knows what software it'll load the next time.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Bump for Will
  • Options
    SJspanky1SJspanky1 Member Posts: 620
    edited October 2013
    This is doing my head in also.

Have to keep closing the table when it pops up then reopen in old format. If anybody else is on waiting list then game over.

It can't be that difficult to have a tick box in settings surely??
  • Options
    rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,940
    edited October 2013
    I put this in the feedback section 6 hours ago, as yet I have no feedback on my feedback

Believe in better
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    They are trying to phase the old software out and this is the latest step.
  • Options
    liamboi11liamboi11 Member Posts: 2,141
    edited October 2013
    lol I started thread for this without realising this was open sorry my bad m8,but yeah I agree it`s so annoying
  • Options
    Sky_LeeSky_Lee Member Posts: 952
    edited October 2013
    Hi all, this query was answered here
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited October 2013
    I don't think the answer given on that other thread is true anymore. for mew all cash tables are opening with the new software by default now.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    One funny thing about this (complaining it loads in the new software)....

It highlights how many people aren't using it (me included) or it wouldnt be a problem.
  • Options
    BorinLonerBorinLoner Member Posts: 3,863
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tables opening in new software after being on waiting list?:
    One funny thing about this (complaining it loads in the new software).... It highlights how many people aren't using it (me included) or it wouldnt be a problem.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I'm quite surprised by this. I find the new software a lot better.

Granted I don't play more than 4 tables very often.
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited October 2013
    I'm a very occasional cash player, and there are good and bad bits to both variations to me, but the clincher is the fact that I much prefer the "three on top, three on bottom" layout to the one on the new tables where there are players on the "sides" as well.
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: Tables opening in new software after being on waiting list?:
    One funny thing about this (complaining it loads in the new software).... It highlights how many people aren't using it (me included) or it wouldnt be a problem.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I was going to say this as well. I'm in the old software camp too. Have played the new software to try and get used to it but I just can't - I can never follow the action at all and just end up playing really bad!
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Yeah I just find it really horrible to multi table.

It looks quite nice and if I was just chilling out for the evening playing 1 or 2 MTTs it would probably be nice, but to play alot of tables of cash.... not so much.

And I really can't put my finger on why, suppose I'll give it some thought and put some feedback on the feedback section.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    100% agree with Ivan and Lambert.  I have tried to get used to it but can't.  I'm starting to think I'll have to play elsewhere.  Surely there is away of keeping it more inline with the mini view version or even have a new mini view, which is the same as the old mini view :-).

I think the new software might even effect cash game traffic.

I'm all for trying to improve but these views are ecohed by so many of the multi tabling regs.
  • Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited October 2013
    Old software with the new features would be the ideal solution. Never going to happen, mind.
  • Options
    ACEGOONERACEGOONER Member Posts: 1,428
    edited October 2013
    Miniview is on the way out and so it should be, people moaned about resizeable tables for years.

It really is a question of getting used to the new software and helping sky develop it in a way that things like missing action is addressed. Splashies you have a valid point, perhaps the new tables need to have more of a plain look. 
  • Options
    rancidrancid Member Posts: 5,940
    edited October 2013
    Seating positions are more in line with other skins, but I like the 3 top, 3 bottom.

I think a lot of us have got so used to it on Sky, anything else just feels alien until you get used to it.

• Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2013
    Hi all,

Rancid has made an excellent post in the feedback section, which can be found here with detailed feedback on what areas he doesn't like and need improving to which i have responded.

As i mentioned in my response to rancid, we are not intending to switch off the old software on cash games until we are confident it does everything you need, but at the same time we have to switch at some point as the old software is completely restricting us moving forwards. If you want alternative card decks, backgrounds, layouts, time banks, full tablet support etc, none of these can be delivered in the old software, it's a technical impossibility.

We'd really appreciate if you can continue to provide feedback to us here in a constructive manner, so that we can continuously improve it up to the point the old software is switched off.

Best Wishes

Adam