You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Deepstack Bounty Hunter...

SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
edited October 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
I mentioned this, in passing, in another thread - the concept of a deepstack bounty hunter tournament.

I think it would offer the 'best of both worlds'. It would have a long structure, decent blind levels, and for the initial few levels, should certainly play like a regular deepstack, thus - for the most part - eliminating the sometimes bingo mentality of shallower bounty hunters. It is only once these stacks become very short (which in all likelihood will not be for a while for most players) that the head comes into play. So, in effect, it is two different styles of play in one.

There are many people who love bounty hunters, and there are many people who like deepstacks. I think this may please most. Can we marry the two and have babies?

Comments

• Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Deepstack Bounty Hunter...:
    I mentioned this, in passing, in another thread - the concept of a deepstack bounty hunter tournament. I think it would offer the 'best of both worlds'. It would have a long structure, decent blind levels, and for the initial few levels, should certainly play like a regular deepstack, thus - for the most part - eliminating the sometimes bingo mentality of shallower bounty hunters. It is only once these stacks become very short (which in all likelihood will not be for a while for most players) that the head comes into play. So, in effect, it is two different styles of play in one. There are many people who love bounty hunters, and there are many people who like deepstacks. I think this may please most. Can we marry the two and have babies?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Slipwater every month Team Poker Titans have a private tourney. And it happens to be a Deepstack Bounty Hunter! It's a £5-00 +50p buy in so cheapest BH on the site rake wise. Next one will be November 6th and I'd be delighted to send you an invite. I'll make a note but if you could remind me nearer the time that would be great.

BTW I like your idea but I still think you would get the bingo players to a large extent.
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    edited October 2013
    I like the idea myself of a deep stack BH but in a sense I think it might tempt even more callers because really when you think about it the main head prize is going to be a short stack villain, the rest of the table will look at their stack size and decide it's worth a call knowing they have still got lots of chips

ie short stack 200 chips so calling 200 from a stack of 1500 chips will look less tempting than calling 200 from the chip stack of 3000.