You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

a few comments on the new software

lonesomelonesome Member Posts: 78
edited October 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions
All quite minor:

1. Why does text size in chat box get smaller when the table gets bigger - seems odd 
2. Any chance of turning off those annoying messages about tournaments I have no intention of entering - thought not
3. Mentioned loads of times already, but pre-flop the 2/3/4 BB buttons are useless when pot already raised up
4. Can we put the chat box on the side anymore, or has that gone altogether
5. can't read the full name of players with more than 7 letters in their alias
6. Said before by others, but it is more difficult to quickly take in how many players are in the pot, pot size and whose turn it is
7. Does anyone ever use the 'call any' button

Good points
1. Not having to rotate to preferred seat any more
2. resizable table
3. note taking works properly now :)

Comments

• Options
    sidsquidsidsquid Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    It's awful,why change from the old software, It is clean and uncluttered.
    If this new software is adopted i would leave Sky Poker immediately.

• Options
    Sky_SamSky_Sam Member Posts: 738
    edited October 2013
    Hi Sid.

Thanks for your feedback regarding the new software. Sorry to not hear that it's not to your liking(yet!). Can you be a little more specific as to what, in particular, you don't like? What exactly do you find is making things too cluttered or unclean? How would you suggest we improve it? What changes would you like to see?

Thanks again.
  • Options
    davhotreddavhotred Member Posts: 39
    edited October 2013
    If it ain't BROKE why FIX it !!!
  • Options
    daphne56daphne56 Member Posts: 811
    edited October 2013

IT MAY TAKE A WHILE TO GET USED TO

BUT IF FORCED TO PLAY ON NEW TABLES WILL PROBABLY LEAVE SKY

NOT CLEAR AS OLD TABLES
  • Options
    sidsquidsidsquid Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: a few comments on the new software:
    Hi Sid. Thanks for your feedback regarding the new software. Sorry to not hear that it's not to your liking(yet!). Can you be a little more specific as to what, in particular, you don't like? What exactly do you find is making things too cluttered or unclean? How would you suggest we improve it? What changes would you like to see? Thanks again.
    Posted by Sky_Sam

Hi Sam

It's like some bright spark has seen some other poker site with wizzy animations and said we can do this as well.
    The present software is easy to control,easy to understand, and leaves one able to concentrate on just playing poker, which is the whole point of of this site( as well as Sky making money,which is ok).There is nothing i like about the new software,i would NEVER get to like it!!!!

• Options
    daffodaffo Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2013
    other players cards are blank when they are turned for all in,s thats not poker did not know where i was untill money moved over
  • Options
    GUNNER01GUNNER01 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    Hi Sam ...Love the new software ...takes a while to get used to but overall nice change ...still very easy to follow ....can you now create some new software to give me better hands ...lol
  • Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,527
    edited October 2013
    Experienced a lot of lag tonight in the mini bounty hunter.
    When utg my cards seem to open out late after the timer has started.

Like the resizing!

Also any action taken seems to delay by a few seconds before taking place!
  • Options
    maximus66maximus66 Member Posts: 81
    edited October 2013

Not a great fan of the new software at all.

I use mini view in the old software and its nice and simple and easy to see what's happening etc, in the new software when re-size down to multi-table, it just looks so crammed and squashed, its will really put me off sky if this eventually takes over full time.

Maybe if you get ride of the text box when shrunk down it would space up the whole table and give it a clearer looking view, but as it is now its just nasty!!

The joy of sky for me was always the fact its in pounds and the fact it was so nice and simple
  • Options
    loftyoopsloftyoops Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    why oh why ..have you messed with sky poker ..new software not nice at all...why change it .. will probably move sites..
  • Options
    truly56truly56 Member Posts: 59
    edited October 2013
        I really don"t like the new software ,I hope sky gives us the option to play which table we wish, new or old .
  • Options
    daphne56daphne56 Member Posts: 811
    edited October 2013

was it not possible to keep same layout with new software resizable table great seating 3 up 3 down was easier

light grey avatar to close too outer table colour should have been kept white it just blends in at the moment 

speed seems to be better