You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

New Style Table For Tournies

BlueleaderBlueleader Member Posts: 6
edited October 2013 in Feedback & Suggestions

Firstly, I much prefer the original style tables over the new style, apart from the loss of functionality from the original style, the new style looks cheapened somehow and the "feel" is not as intuitive to use. Please keep the original style as a user selectable option.

Secondly just a few points I thought I would share, with regard to the new style tables. During a tourney it is nice to be able to watch your friends on other tables or have them watch you, for that to happen you need to know the table number/name which is not shown on the new style table. Also if a player is away from the table, the new style table doesn't show their status, which can be very handy to know during the course of the hand. The other feature I liked, which has gone awol in the new style tables is the "Hot-0-Meter" which gives the odds of the hands that can be made.

Comments

• Options
    harding10harding10 Member Posts: 849
    edited October 2013
    Not playing much at the moment, but did play the freeroll last night on the new style.

Doesn't appear to be an option to bring up the tournament lobby from the table which is something that ought to be available.
  • Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2013
    In Response to New Style Table For Tournies:
    Firstly, I much prefer the original style tables over the new style, apart from the loss of functionality from the original style, the new style looks cheapened somehow and the "feel" is not as intuitive to use. Please keep the original style as a user selectable option. Secondly just a few points I thought I would share, with regard to the new style tables. During a tourney it is nice to be able to watch your friends on other tables or have them watch you, for that to happen you need to know the table number/name which is not shown on the new style table. Also if a player is away from the table, the new style table doesn't show their status, which can be very handy to know during the course of the hand. The other feature I liked, which has gone awol in the new style tables is the "Hot-0-Meter" which gives the odds of the hands that can be made.
    Posted by Blueleader
    hi Blueleader,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback,

We are currently looking at developing an alternative layout in the new software which would be more similar to the old style tables, initially this would be an alternative mini view - you can see how it may look like here
    Going forwards the new software gives us the capability to offer alternative themes to let you decide how you want the table and cards to look.

You don't need the table number to follow your friends, when you open the tournament lobby and go to the 'tables and players' tab, just sort the left hand column of player names by their aliases (click on 'player' the column header to sort), then scroll down to find your friend and left click on their alias and it will find their table for you. Then simply click 'observe table' to rail them.

If you really need the table number then we can add it back in, but we just didn't think it was particularly useful to be honest.

We will address the 'sat out' player state not displaying in tournaments, hopefully in the next week.

Whilst we have removed the hot-o-meter, there is no reason why we cant add % chances of hitting certain hands back into the new software.

Hope this helps

Best Wishes

Adam
  • Options
    Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited October 2013
    In Response to Re: New Style Table For Tournies:
    Not playing much at the moment, but did play the freeroll last night on the new style. Doesn't appear to be an option to bring up the tournament lobby from the table which is something that ought to be available.
    Posted by harding10
    Hi Harding,

Thanks for providing feedback,

The tournament lobby is available from the table in both the new mini view and the new standard view.

It's in the top left hand corner, next to the 'options' menu.

In standard view it's specifically called 'lobby' but in mini view it's just a 'fan of cards' icon, due to space.

Best Wishes

Adam
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited October 2013
    Just fired up one of the New DYMs and have noticed that notes are not being saved. When you click on "Save" it looks like they are being saved and the tiny "N" indicator next to the player appears but open up a note window for another player and the "N" disappears and of you go back to Player 1 the note has disappeared.

It also doesn't seem to have brought forward notes saved on old software - there was one player in the DYM who I know I have several notes on; I hope I haven't lost them

(playing on Browser version, Firefox 24.0)
  • Options
    aceofspadeaceofspade Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    Just Finish the 1 hour  free ( new table) + the £300 Gtd speed (old table)
    Really my first go on new tables not a fan  felt  Slow and laggy, the layout was far to bright at lest for me. and my Avatar Now looks like Borat !!!
     Also not fond of the player layout  I like to put my seat top middle or Bottom Middle !! that's now gone.

Always like the old table nice easy interface and ok to stare at for 4 hours at a time. colours and brightness of new table  was making my eyes ache after 30 minutes.
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited October 2013
    When a player in the "top row" bets post flop, the amount bet is too close to the cards and can be quite hard to see how much the action is.

Do we really need a fake picture of chips alongside an amount bet?