You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

More starting chips in the Primo..

Clyde420Clyde420 Member Posts: 82
edited January 2014 in Community Suggestions
 I think the primo should have atleast 5000 starting chips. It's quite alot to pay for a tournament to only get 3k to play with.

Comments

• THEROCK573THEROCK573 Member Posts: 2,550
    edited January 2014
    agree 100% but not just the primo all the main events need to be deeper stacked, starting with 2k is pathetic in my view.
  • SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: More starting chips in the Primo..:
    agree 100% but not just the primo all the main events need to be deeper stacked, starting with 2k is pathetic in my view.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Yeah, they increased Turbo Tuesday to 3,000 chips without much fanfare (well, certainly none that I noticed). I think all the Main Events should be 3k, except the Primo, which should be 5k, and the roller which should stay at 10k.
  • Clyde420Clyde420 Member Posts: 82
    edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: More starting chips in the Primo.. : Yeah, they increased Turbo Tuesday to 3,000 chips without much fanfare (well, certainly none that I noticed). I think all the Main Events should be 3k, except the Primo, which should be 5k, and the roller which should stay at 10k.
    Posted by Slipwater

I agree, I love the Superroller structure,the extra 2k chips would put the Primo into a similar value level.
  • kidwiz10kidwiz10 Member Posts: 569
    edited January 2014
    Your basically saying that the stacks should be doubled which is never gunna happen.

The mains on sky finish around 2am as it is they would be on til 5am+ if this was the case,

Deepstacks are not very popular on sky and i for one cant stand the long slow mtt stuctures thats probly why there is so many bounty hunter because you dont have to play 94 days to min cash and there exciting.
  • SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited January 2014
    Your basically saying that the stacks should be doubled which is never gunna happen. The mains on sky finish around 2am as it is they would be on til 5am+ if this was the case, Deepstacks are not very popular on sky and i for one cant stand the long slow mtt stuctures thats probly why there is so many bounty hunter because you dont have to play 94 days to min cash and there exciting.
    Posted by kidwiz10
    Where you getting your maths from?
  • DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,925
    edited January 2014

Why should the size of the buyin dictate the structure?

There are big buyin turbo tournaments all over the internet, and at live festivals.

There are also micro stakes deep stacks with very slow structures.

If there's a problem with the primo structure then I agree it needs fixing but it has nothing to do with the size of the buyin.

I think it's fine tbh, increasing the amount of chips wont necessarily improve the tournament, in a lot of cases it'll make it a lot worse (see the 'mega-stack'). The blind increments are just as important, probably more so.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited January 2014
    Why should the size of the buyin dictate the structure? There are big buyin turbo tournaments all over the internet, and at live festivals. There are also micro stakes deep stacks with very slow structures. If there's a problem with the primo structure then I agree it needs fixing but it has nothing to do with the size of the buyin. I think it's fine tbh, increasing the amount of chips wont necessarily improve the tournament, in a lot of cases it'll make it a lot worse (see the 'mega-stack'). The blind increments are just as important, probably more so.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Amen. Awful structure in that MTT. 

Think the Primo is ok as it is.