You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Poker Songs

peter27peter27 Member Posts: 1,634
edited February 2014 in The Sky Poker Tour
Does anyone else really love the background music from the Sky Poker TV channel when hands are being shown or during the opening sequence just before the TV channel comes back from break?

Is there any way we could have those uploded so we can listen to them on demand? I'd like to have them playing in the background while I play to be honest! :-)

Comments

• Options
    SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited December 2013
    Haha. As wind-up posts go, this is one of the better ones :)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Songs:
    Haha. As wind-up posts go, this is one of the better ones :)
    Posted by Slipwater
    It's not a wind-up post, I am serious! ..
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,167
    edited December 2013
    Good shout, Peter. Sometimes the songs appear on other Sky Sports shows. It's a great game trying to spot them! Try it at home.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Good shout, Peter. Sometimes the songs appear on other Sky Sports shows. It's a great game trying to spot them! Try it at home.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I hope someone from Sky gets back to me on this. I'll prolly give it a few days and post a link in the Poker Chat section if they don't :-)
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    edited December 2013
    The old one I think was a thinned out version of a riff in Everything Everything's  My Kz Ur Bf

The newer one is from Foals, but I'd need to hear it again to tell you which track
  • Options
    FCHDFCHD Member Posts: 3,178
    edited December 2013
    No I don't like the background music. Get rid of it, extraneous background music seems to be getting everywhere these days and there's not point of it, especially when we want to hear what's being said in relation to the analysis of the hands. Even when it's Tikay doing the analysing :-)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,353
    edited December 2013
    No I don't like the background music. Get rid of it, extraneous background music seems to be getting everywhere these days and there's not point of it, especially when we want to hear what's being said in relation to the analysis of the hands. Even when it's Tikay doing the analysing :-)
    Posted by FCHD
    No need, Mr FCHD, no need at all.

I must say, in the real world, I actively loathe the "background music" we hear on TV Shows, in Shops, Restaurants, everywhere, it does my head in. In Tesco yesterday they were playing "Jingle Bells" back to back, groan.

As to Sky Poker TV background music, well I'm not asking for sympathy, or complaining, but as an avid opponent of background music generally, imagine how I feel when I'm in the studio for 5 hour periods, & have to tolerate that background music, which I've been subjected to for just under 7 years now.....  

• Options
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Sky Poker Songs:
    Does anyone else really love the background music from the Sky Poker TV channel when hands are being shown or during the opening sequence just before the TV channel comes back from break? Is there any way we could have those uploded so we can listen to them on demand? I'd like to have them playing in the background while I play to be honest! :-)
    Posted by peter27
    Hi Peter,

The short answer is "no".

Background music (plinkety-plonk music as I call it) is a bit more complicated than it may seem. For regular, long-running Shows & Channels like Sky Poker, there is a need to avoid playing copyrighted music, as that incurs costs under the Performing Rights thing.

So, there is a BSKYB "library/archive" of music which is not copyrighted, or which BSKYB own the copyright to, & which can be used repeatedly without incurring fees.

You may be surprised to know that the Talent are not even allowed to sing copyrighted songs on the Show. Occasionally, in moments of madness & delusion, I might read out, or attempt to sing, some Eminem stuff or whatever, & I get a right telling off, as technically, that MAY incur Performing Rights costs to the copyright holders. 

Who'd have thunk? 
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Sky Poker Songs : Hi Peter, The short answer is "no".   Background music (plinkety-plonk music as I call it) is a bit more complicated than it may seem. For regular, long-running Shows & Channels like Sky Poker, there is a need to avoid playing copyrighted music, as that incurs costs under the Performing Rights thing. So, there is a BSKYB "library/archive" of music which is not copyrighted, or which BSKYB own the copyright to, & which can be used repeatedly without incurring fees. You may be surprised to know that the Talent are not even allowed to sing copyrighted songs on the Show. Occasionally, in moments of madness & delusion, I might read out, or attempt to sing, some Eminem stuff or whatever, & I get a right telling off, as technically, that MAY incur Performing Rights costs to the copyright holders.  Who'd have thunk? 
    Posted by Tikay10
    I suspected I may get a response like this - although if some of Sky Poker's music is not copyrighted, surely that could be made available without any repercussions?
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I'll ask for you Peter, but I doubt it will be available, it does not work like that, there is no means or facility to make it available as such.

Making music available to the public is awfully complicated by legal & copyright constraints.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    The old one I think was a thinned out version of a riff in Everything Everything's  My Kz Ur Bf The newer one is from Foals, but I'd need to hear it again to tell you which track
    Posted by bbMike
    Thanks for the response bbMike, if the other one comes to you, let me know, thanks!

I'll ask for you Peter, but I doubt it will be available, it does not work like that, there is no means or facility to make it available as such. Making music available to the public is awfully complicated by legal & copyright constraints.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for chasing it up for me, let me know if you're able to find anything out :-)
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited December 2013
    In Response to Sky Poker Songs : Hi Peter, The short answer is "no".   Background music (plinkety-plonk music as I call it) is a bit more complicated than it may seem. For regular, long-running Shows & Channels like Sky Poker, there is a need to avoid playing copyrighted music, as that incurs costs under the Performing Rights thing. So, there is a BSKYB "library/archive" of music which is not copyrighted, or which BSKYB own the copyright to, & which can be used repeatedly without incurring fees. You may be surprised to know that the Talent are not even allowed to sing copyrighted songs on the Show. Occasionally, in moments of madness & delusion, I might read out, or attempt to sing, some Eminem stuff or whatever, & I get a right telling off, as technically, that MAY incur Performing Rights costs to the copyright holders.  Who'd have thunk? 
    Posted by Tikay10
    BIB Has it not occured to you Sir they may just want to stop you singing anyway irrelevant of performing rights?
  • Options
    woollard14woollard14 Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2014
    when im on a bad run    your killing me softly  reberta flack