You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Mtt 2 dayer

K8LOUK8LOU Member Posts: 630
edited December 2021 in Strategy
Hey all, I was just wondering would sky consider putting a 2 day mtt on the schedule ? I have seen other sites do this with a lot of success, the way I have seen it done is say the start time for the tournement is 7pm, play on till 12 and regain the tourney the following night ? doable ????

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Ofc this means better structures ect..
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Mtt 2 dayer:
    Ofc this means better structures ect..
    Posted by K8LOU
    I don't think this is suitable for the skypoker player base. Whilst lots of people on the forums say they like deepstack tournaments the numbers don't back up this claim.

A 2 day long structured (eg 5hrs for day 1) tournament with no antes just wont work. What you could do (and I don't even know if its possible with the software) is have a multi day 1 tournament that lasts say 2 or 3 hours with one day 2. This would allow a deepstack tournament which had play during the week but it wouldn't mean late nights for people that work. Day 2 would be on the Sunday. Maybe it could have direct buy in available for day 2 with cheaper day 1 buy in and stacks carry to day 2 with an adjustment on day 2 of blind levels.

However, while potentially this could be done but seems like a lot of effort for potentially not much gain.
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Mtt 2 dayer:
    Hey all, I was just wondering would sky consider putting a 2 day mtt on the schedule ? I have seen other sites do this with a lot of success, the way I have seen it done is say the start time for the tournement is 7pm, play on till 12 and regain the tourney the following night ? doable ????
    Posted by K8LOU
     I quite like this idea but although numbers are increasing recently with the current tourney set up it would need a total rethink. Day 1 would have to be shorter too. If we play till 12 there would barely be enough players left to fill a final table. Maybe Sky could come up with something for a future UKOPS?
  • Options
    F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    edited February 2014
    Sky doesn't get enough players in 1 tournament to ever need it to go over 2 days. Other sites probably do this because their tournaments can often last 11-12 hours but on sky the most a tournament lasts for is usually 5 hours.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Mtt 2 dayer:
    Sky doesn't get enough players in 1 tournament to ever need it to go over 2 days. Other sites probably do this because their tournaments can often last 11-12 hours but on sky the most a tournament lasts for is usually 5 hours.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Im talking PKR mate there traffic is lower on there than sky..
  • Options
    mugsy78mugsy78 Member Posts: 97
    edited February 2014
    In Response to ok:
    OK, so how on earth does it have 2 day events then? The only event on sky it could work for is the high roller if it attracted enough runners (ie. 400+) - you've got to remember that online you go through hands way quicker than live meaning the structure either has to be super slow or there has to be a lot of runners (and deepstack to begin with) for the tournament to last 8+ hours...
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    The whole idea is that it will attract more players. I've played on said site for ages and it worked there.
    Also PKR has more traffic than SKY imo, as its open to many countries.