You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

thoughts on these heavy losses

craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
edited March 2014 in Strategy
this isn't me being results orientated, all i'm doing is wanting to make sure i keep my mistake to a minimum

when their is 4 other people in this pot and because of how wet it was i didn't expect a hand like AK to be making a cbet, so what i thought was with the turn now giving me draws and because of the board being well connected i might be able to steal the pot away from hands like AA AQ.

Q. was i  OK to raise the turn i should i have flat called?
UP Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £42.59
Donttelmum Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £81.09
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

gama Call   £0.20 £0.50 £60.02
wilo66 Raise   £1.00 £1.50 £38.60
craigcu12 Call   £1.00 £2.50 £37.68
Diminuendo Call   £1.00 £3.50 £38.90
UP Fold        
Donttelmum Call   £0.80 £4.30 £80.29
gama Call   £0.80 £5.10 £59.22
Flop

• Q
  • J

Donttelmum Check        
gama Check        
wilo66 Bet   £3.83 £8.93 £34.77
craigcu12 Call   £3.83 £12.76 £33.85
Diminuendo Fold        
Donttelmum Fold        
gama Call   £3.83 £16.59 £55.39
Turn

gama Check        
wilo66 Bet   £8.30 £24.89 £26.47
craigcu12 Raise   £19.00 £43.89 £14.85
gama Fold        
wilo66 All-in   £26.47 £70.36 £0.00
craigcu12 All-in   £14.85 £85.21 £0.00
wilo66 Unmatched bet   £0.92 £84.29 £0.92
wilo66 Show
  • K
  • A

craigcu12 Show
  • K
  • Q

River

wilo66
this one i'm just clueless as to why he raised to a river card like this.

Q. was my bet size on the river a good size value bet?
Jonno02 Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £58.25
Donttelmum Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £31.45
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

Diminuendo Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £92.30
craigcu12 Raise   £1.80 £2.70 £42.32
Triumph62 Fold        
Die_hard Fold        
Jonno02 Call   £1.70 £4.40 £56.55
Donttelmum Call   £1.60 £6.00 £29.85
Diminuendo Call   £1.20 £7.20 £91.10
Flop

• A
  • K

Jonno02 Check        
Donttelmum Check        
Diminuendo Check        
craigcu12 Bet   £3.00 £10.20 £39.32
Jonno02 Call   £3.00 £13.20 £53.55
Donttelmum Fold        
Diminuendo Fold        
Turn

Jonno02 Check        
craigcu12 Bet   £8.00 £21.20 £31.32
Jonno02 Call   £8.00 £29.20 £45.55
River

Jonno02 Check        
craigcu12 Bet   £10.00 £39.20 £21.32
Jonno02 All-in   £45.55 £84.75 £0.00
craigcu12 Fold        
Jonno02 Muck        
Jonno02 Win   £47.40   £47.40
Jonno02 Return   £35.55 £1.80 £82.95

Comments

• Options
    KAM99KAM99 Member Posts: 773
    edited February 2014
    Seen a couple of your hands where you've got stacked with top pair. Are you keeping track of this to make sure it's not a leak? It cane be in cash games. Certainly as think sometimes you're not top kicker with it. KQ is much like KJ and is a dodgy hand that is easy to be dominated. 3bet preflop, or play very carefully postfop due to it often not being the best hand to an early postion raiser. It is not a great calling hand os unless you very wary postflop with it.

Second hand. Two options. He had something like AK and maybe has you down as an aggresive person that will give him 3 streets very often and on that basis saves his raise till then. Second choice is that he was on the flush draw and saw your thin value bet as a chance to bluff you off the pot with a shove, knowing it is the only way he wins the pot.

Think I'd depend on notes a little on how I'd play taht second hand. If this guy is a good player I'm checking behind on river. Why? Because I can't see them calling with A10 or AJ to a 3bet with initial raiser to act again after them preflop. Likewise the flush draw seems unlikely due to them having ot have called preflop with QJ suited or worse for this to be possible, and so I think less of a likely hand to the action given his postion. Again this is player based though, as some players will call with this kind of weak hand OOP to that kind of action.

Thier line is werid, UNLESS they know you are aggresive enough to bet 3 streets consistantly with top pair and they will feel that is your likely hand. Iin that case they may well check to you on river rather than giving away their hand strength by leading out on river. I do this VERY often at the tables if I have an aggresive opponant. I know if I lead out then good chance they fold and I get nothing extra. If I check and they check behind, oh well. But often the aggresive players will value bet it and I can raise then.. Really depends on player, and you need to study players and note take more maybe? Sounds like this is a regular player. Given board if I saw anything other than AK or 66 I'd be a bit surprised, but it is possible it was a blufff, but less likely I think given board. Sky has VERY small player base, and you should have detailed notes on regs.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited February 2014
    Hey Craig

Hand 1; I think it's a fold on the turn - we only have top pair good kicker. Villians firing the 2nd bullett, when 2 people have called the flop raise. Say he misses his gutshot on the turn, he's most likely going to slow down. He's shown massive strength here. I'd just bin it here.

Hand 2; in my opinion, i think it's a check behind, the pot is a good size. It's hard for worse to call like Ace 10, Ace Jack. I don't really know the opponent, but it is a nice spot to bluff. Like Kam said it could be a busted flush draw.

I don't really understand oppo's line, if he has a big hand say AK, why he would play it this way OOP (why would he not raise the turn/ value bet on the river. It does look a bit bluffy, maybe he has seen your river bet has seen weakness and knows you can't with stand much pressure.

It's a tough one, it looks bluffy, think i might call here, would obviously depend on the opponent, their tendencies but looks bluffy. Maybe you could request it on the TV to see what they had.
  • Options
    DiminuendoDiminuendo Member Posts: 222
    edited February 2014
    I was at table mate and just going off the previous hands v the guy in hand 1 i would be folding pre flop because KQ is never gonna be in good shape v his pre raising range but as played fold turn.

He was limping pre alot of the time and only raising with big hands then only firing 1 bullet and shutting down on turn when weak and in a previous hand had shut down turn with t/p good kicker so on those reads alone you are NEVER in good shape here.

In hand 2 i was also at table and have played v your oppo alot of times and at much higher stakes than this and i dont think he would mind me saying that he does take strange lines at times with his big hands which does confuse alot of players into making calls. Imo you are crushed here mate and i would be betting everything i had on him having either AK or 66 and never showing up with a missed flush draw. Would be good for you to request the hand for thursdays show (even though it will prob show what carp i am raising with utg :) )
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,811
    edited February 2014
    Hand 1: just fold pre! Never a good hand to just call a big raise with. 3 bet if you like but calling I don't like. As played we can check behind turn for pot control and to keep in more weaker hands and bluffs. As played we have to fold turn. 

Hand 2: bet bigger flop. And as for river, I find it hard that it's a bluff after we have shown aggression pre and on every street. Easy fold. I prefer to check call a decent river bet because then at least we have the chance to catch bluffs. 
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: thoughts on these heavy losses:
    I was at table mate and just going off the previous hands v the guy in hand 1 i would be folding pre flop because KQ is never gonna be in good shape v his pre raising range but as played fold turn. He was limping pre alot of the time and only raising with big hands then only firing 1 bullet and shutting down on turn when weak and in a previous hand had shut down turn with t/p good kicker so on those reads alone you are NEVER in good shape here. In hand 2 i was also at table and have played v your oppo alot of times and at much higher stakes than this and i dont think he would mind me saying that he does take strange lines at times with his big hands which does confuse alot of players into making calls. Imo you are crushed here mate and i would be betting everything i had on him having either AK or 66 and never showing up with a missed flush draw. Would be good for you to request the hand for thursdays show (even though it will prob show what carp i am raising with utg :) )
    Posted by Diminuendo
    knowing that hands such as AJ KQ KJ and QJ are likely to either win a small pot or loose a big pot as he's likely to bet his more dominant hands and give up his weaker hands, they do therefore seem useless.

is it these villians where i can get the best of value with the suited connectors although i didn't notice this villians action much their was one villian that i was managing to read well and was managing to pull some good bluffs.  she said once the fold was done that she had 88
    SB Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £79.04
      BB Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £51.54
      Your hole cards
    • J

UTG Fold        
    craigcu12 Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £39.40
    Diminuendo Fold        
    button Call   £0.60 £1.50 £43.49
    SB
    Fold        
      BB Call   £0.40 £1.90 £51.14
    Flop

BB Bet   £0.60 £2.50 £50.54
    craigcu12 Call   £0.60 £3.10 £38.80
    button Fold        
    Turn

BB Bet   £0.60 £3.70 £49.94
    craigcu12 Raise   £1.80 £5.50 £37.00
      BB Call   £1.20 £6.70 £48.74
    River

BB Bet   £0.60 £7.30 £48.14
    craigcu12 Raise   £5.00 £12.30 £32.00
      BB Fold        
    craigcu12 Muck
  • Options
    DiminuendoDiminuendo Member Posts: 222
    edited February 2014
    Saw the hand on tv craig mate

Astounded !
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    edited February 2014
    Missed it what was it:P

A  bluff? lol
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    i just do not see any point for that player to have made a shove with the AQ when their is no hand what so ever that he can make fold which would be ahead of him.

he already is beating the bluffs and their is only really AQ that might fold but what will not fold is AK AA and KK which he did not seem to take into account.
  • Options
    seanallenseanallen Member Posts: 114
    edited March 2014
    i just do not see any point for that player to have made a shove with the AQ when their is no hand what so ever that he can make fold which would be ahead of him. he already is beating the bluffs and their is only really AQ that might fold but what will not fold is AK AA and KK which he did not seem to take into account.
    Posted by craigcu12
    How would you play the river with Aces or Kings?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    really i would have played them no differant because this board was not actually as dangerous as it looks.

If he is the loose player he is not going to call a large bet with his weak pairs and will fold the flush now that it has missed and if he did have a set he would already have made the jam before the river because when they see an A and K so expect calls for sure.

If it was not the loose type then really it's only ever likely to be TPWK or he was trapping with his set.
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited March 2014
    really i would have played them no differant because this board was not actually as dangerous as it looks. If he is the loose player he is not going to call a large bet with his weak pairs and will fold the flush now that it has missed and if he did have a set he would already have made the jam before the river because when they see an A and K so expect calls for sure. If it was not the loose type then really it's only ever likely to be TPWK or he was trapping with his set.
    Posted by craigcu12
    Bit contradictory... the very fact someone is loose means that they call too much/too light. That's why we value bet loose players relentlessly. Fwiw, him jamming the river with a set (or any hand) would be awful given the pot size, but then his bet of 60p is also pretty awful.
  • Options
    seanallenseanallen Member Posts: 114
    edited March 2014

Only reason I can think of why he shoved river is him possibly reading your 1/3 pot bet as thin value meaning his TPTK is good. Its kind of player/read dependant but a lot of the time I'd probably expect AK or better to be looking to get all the money in, betting slightly bigger on turn and shoving river.   

• Options
    RyanC7RyanC7 Member Posts: 355
    edited March 2014
    3bet pre w/KQo hand 1 > calling. As played turn is an easy fold. Never has anything less than KK firing 2 on that board into 2 oppo.