You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shameless brag

silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
WOO-HOO!

Finally I've managed to take down my first MTT win for the best part of a year. It's been so long since I managed it I really can't remember when the last one was (might have been last October!). The 2pm £50GTD for £3.30 buy in & picked up £55.

Nice work for a couple of hours fun.
Player NameChipsRankPrizeHeadsValue

silentbob690001£55.20 + 10 League Points
indie200802£34.50 + 8 League Points
Raybs198603£20.70 + 6 League Points
Bza3swords04£15.18 + 4 League Points
ranger00105£12.42 + 2 League Points
As with any MTT win I rode my luck a couple of times but well played to all. The FT could've gone to anyone.

What a great start to Christmas.

Comments

• Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited December 2009
    Well done Bob!

A nice early xmas pressie for u.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited December 2009
    n1, watch them flood in now
  • Options
    OnlyOneCTOnlyOneCT Member Posts: 1,181
    edited December 2009
    I thought Frank Gallagher has joined Sky Poker when i first read the thread title lol!

Very well done on the win!
  • Options
    silentbobsilentbob Member Posts: 2,137
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Shameless brag:
    I thought Frank Gallagher has joined Sky Poker when i first read the thread title lol! Very well done on the win!
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    Just been reading your thread CT & like you I've generally been playing well but not getting the luck until today. Keep plugging away mate cos like me it'll soon turn for you.

p.s  At the risk of sounding dumb, who is Frank Gallagher?
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited December 2009
    Congratulations.
  • Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited December 2009
    congrats, hope its the first of many
  • Options
    OnlyOneCTOnlyOneCT Member Posts: 1,181
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Shameless brag:
    In Response to Re: Shameless brag : Just been reading your thread CT & like you I've generally been playing well but not getting the luck until today. Keep plugging away mate cos like me it'll soon turn for you. p.s  At the risk of sounding dumb, who is Frank Gallagher?
    Posted by silentbob
    Frank Gallagher is a character played by David Threlfall in the C4 Drama Shameless!

Ever since winning Leg 2 of TKO the wheels have totally fallen off the train track for me on the Poker Tables. Like i've said before if i go all-in on a MTT and i'm behind or i play a big hand badly then it does not bother me one bit if i lose but when i've got say Aces and i'm playing them the strongest i can (I can also lay down the big hands aswell as i laid down AK against Aces at leg 1 of SPT Manchester and it boded me very well for the rest of that tourney!) and i'm up against something like 4-8 suited and get screwed, it's difficult to keep a brave face on the situation when deep down i'm really fuming that it ain't gone my way and the bad luck just continues.

I know in myself that i've got a game that can get me on numerous final tables and i would seriously love to take down one of the big 8pm tourneys sooner rather than later. And also i'm going to get something off m chest about the people who are moaning about the selection process regarding Total Player.

I've not been on Sky Poker that long so i don't feel i've had long enough to establish a reputation on the tables but it was an absolute honour to be a part of the qualifying process to try and be 1 of the 8 to represent SP for the APAT UK Team Championship at G Manchester in late January. The standard of poker in that tourney was awesome and of an extreme high standard and even though i didn't qualify it was an absolute buzz to be a part of and i honestly believe Team Sky Poker have got an excellent chance of winning it all.

I would assume there will be loads of chances to represent Sky Poker hopefully in 2010 and for me instead of being bitter about the selection process, watch the show, listen to the advice to improve your game from the best in the business and somewhere down the line you could end up taking down a WSOP,SPT,GUKPT,EPT,TKO title!!!

Another forum that is not poker related that i have strong associations with, i've seen over the years lots of jealousy,bitterness and resentment and it's a nasty thing that can be hurtful and that's not a good thing and for me this is a great Poker community and long may the great work continue on-air and online during 2010!!!

I must say though Area 51 is like being in poker's answers to the Priory and it's does have it's benefits!!!

That is all!
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,658
    edited December 2009
    wd bob could do with your team picking up a few points now
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2009
    n1 silentbob hope you dont wait long again til your next win gl.dav
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited December 2009