You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

OMAHA 2009 Best hand so far....???

Poker__BoyPoker__Boy Member Posts: 18
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat

Dear all, First of all.. Happy Xmas to all that read thi...

I had to write to someone at SKY and tell them about this hand on Omaha... Im sure the guy involved in the pot is still scratching his head wondering HOW...?.... Why...?... Surely not...!

Anyway... Omaha is a new game to the site and maybe this hand will give the game a little exposure it deserves...!

I was on the no limit table... time approx 1:45am... it was the 5/10p table Chagford or something like that.

Anyway... great table, nice chat people merry as it was Xmas morning! A lot of the players leave and were left with 4.. talking about films and stuff playing and hanging out.

Bit of male bonding going on at the table, As you do!... Then a guy says I'll be back, just going to search on a film a bloke was chatting about.

he nips off and then were left with 3. the 3rd goes broke and leaves.. Then im left heads up and the other player on away!...

The player i was playing was Ghoti...

Here comes the hand...

No fireworks pre flop ... and the flop comes over 334 2 hearts... He bets i raise and he pushes for about a tenner....

I call.... 

(forget whether i thought i was behind or ahead or how i played or he played)

I got 67 of hearts and 2 5 off suit... the total wrap with a stright flush draw.

The guy is playing A2 of hearts a 3 and a odd card... Hes in great shape right...

Anyway... Turn card blank... river card 5 of hearts...

OMG... that is insane... straight flush over straight flush on a Xmas morning...

But for a man to lose a pot with a straight using 5 cards to another using 5 cards is a huge percentage right?!....

Someone has to show this hand... i think it would be a great exposure for the game!.. The player Ghoti said i have never lost having a straight flush, as his first instinct...

So i can only but imagine, what emotion he must of felt at that time!... Nice guy.. decent player but boy was he unlucky there...

Poker__Boy

Comments

• Options
    FINSFINS Member Posts: 1,080
    edited December 2009
     nice hand poker boy. save the winnings and ill relieve you of it later...only joking merry xmas matey.
  • Options
    GhotiGhoti Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2009
    Yes, the hand was pretty mental. Like I said in the chat box, I've never lost with a straight flush before. I had already won £100 earlier on the 50p/£1 table so losing a tenner here didn't hurt too much - I just hope it's not an indicator of how my luck will go on the new Sky Omaha tables :-)

On a separate note I just bluffed and won a great pot holding quad 10s in the hole. Just thought it would be cool to show them down :-) Omaha is good fun!