You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Card Rats

emilyeggemilyegg Member Posts: 3,408
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Can anyone help me?
I am struggling to work out why people register for sit and go`s and mtt`s but then are "away" until deep into a game. For me this spoils the site when at times you can be heads up on a 6 seated table. These "players" are a disgrace who merely pollute what should be an enjoyable game.....

Comments

• Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited December 2009
    People are often "away" because they are away.
    They may have not been able to make the tournament due to another appointment or they may have had trouble connecting to the table - it is not an uncommon problem.
    Even if they have connected to the table and are available, there is absolutely no reason why they would have to play a hand early in either an STT or MTT. Indeed, many of the top exponents of tournament play would recommend not playing anything but premium hands early in a game.

I hope that this helps.

Peace and goodwill to all men (and women) during this festive season.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ISo its a good idea for everyone to be away.....lol.n Response to Re: Card Rats:
    People are often "away" because they are away. They may have not been able to make the tournament due to another appointment or they may have had trouble connecting to the table - it is not an uncommon problem. Even if they have connected to the table and are available, there is absolutely no reason why they would have to play a hand early in either an STT or MTT. Indeed, many of the top exponents of tournament play would recommend not playing anything but premium hands early in a game. I hope that this helps. Peace and goodwill to all men (and women) during this festive season.
    Posted by MereNovice
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Card Rats:
    ISo its a good idea for everyone to be away.....lol.n Response to Re: Card Rats :
    Posted by emilyegg
    Not at all.
    It is VERY difficult to win a hand while you're not actually at a table.
    I think most people would agree that it's generally easier to beat someone who isn't actually there.

If you watch some of the trailers on SkyPoker where some very good poker players are asked who they would most want to play at a poker table, living or dead - at least one person replies "dead, because it would be easier to steal their blinds". The same applies to people who are away from the table.
  • Options
    NeildownNeildown Member Posts: 1,635
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Card Rats : Not at all. It is VERY difficult to win a hand while you're not actually at a table. I think most people would agree that it's generally easier to beat someone who isn't actually there. If you watch some of the trailers on SkyPoker where some very good poker players are asked who they would most want to play at a poker table, living or dead - at least one person replies "dead, because it would be easier to steal their blinds". The same applies to people who are away from the table.
    Posted by MereNovice
    I agree with this

Iv played some of my best poker against people that aint there
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Card Rats : I agree with this Iv played some of my best poker against people that aint there
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    yes poor old you who always gets a colin on the table.lol dav
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Card Rats : I agree with this Iv played some of my best poker against people that aint there
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    Strange coincidence - I've played some of my best poker when I wasn't there!

See: I play better when I'm not there
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    anyway i`m off behind the sofa now.....to play poker
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Good luck.
  • Options
    LadyFingrsLadyFingrs Member Posts: 613
    edited December 2009
    People that are away don't defend enough imo.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    People that are away don't defend enough imo.
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    Defending in the blinds with weak hands is a definite leak imo.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I have been hiding behind the sofa for over 26 hours now. I have only decided to move because I need a sit-down toilet.
    Does anyone think it is safe to come out now?
    Does anyone think I might still be in the tournament?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I have been hiding behind the sofa for over 26 hours now. I have only decided to move because I need a sit-down toilet. Does anyone think it is safe to come out now? Does anyone think I might still be in the tournament?
    Posted by emilyegg
    If you got to heads-up with Tikay, there's every chance.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Card Rats : If you got to heads-up with Tikay, there's every chance.
    Posted by MereNovice
    lol, in my case it would be Adam Chance
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    ffs I need the toilet again