You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

diid i over bet OTT or is it a case of the villian being a nit with his 3bets?

craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
edited March 2014 in Strategy
UP Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £44.79
  Big blind   £0.20 £0.30 £23.88
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

70theo Raise   £0.60 £0.90 £16.20
Andy_Horns Fold        
joester129 Fold        
craigcu12 Raise   £1.80 £2.70 £25.28
UP Fold        
  Call   £1.60 £4.30 £22.28
70theo Fold        
Flop

• J

Check        
craigcu12 Bet   £3.20 £7.50 £22.08
  Call   £3.20 £10.70 £19.08
Turn

Check        
craigcu12 Bet   £8.00 £18.70 £14.08
  Call   £8.00 £26.70 £11.08
River

All-in   £11.08 £37.78 £0.00
craigcu12 Fold        
  Muck        
  Win   £25.36   £25.36
  Return   £11.08 £1.34 £36.44

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014
    it's with me now doing more notes that i'm wanting to check for sure if i am not making it too hard for him to raise on the turn.
  • Options
    Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited March 2014
    I might checkback turn cos on that turn there's very little he'd call the flop with to fold that turn and we're pretty much always behind when called and our equity while still good has halved.

What do u mean being a nit with 3bets? He didn't 3bet once or even have the opportunity to at any point. You don't want to get raised on the turn btw, a raise on the flop can be draws or even made hands we're in good shape against and we happily get it in. If you get raised on the turn you're really not loving it although prob still have to go with it.

I think you played it fine tho
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,811
    edited March 2014
    I think we can def check back the turn being in position. The bet isnt bad but we close the door on bluffs/floats so pretty much have to hit our hand on the river and if we do hit can increase the chances of getting paid off.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    what got me wondering weather or not he was just too tight with his range when doing 3betting is when he has shoved the rest of the money in on the river which would be to late for the flush draws and straight draws. also if i had KK AA or QQ (which is what i tried to rep on the turn) he has stopped the AA KK and QQ doing another value bet on the river.

i am thinking this could be one of my leaks really.
  • Options
    CraigSG1CraigSG1 Member Posts: 1,811
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: diid i over bet OTT or is it a case of the villian being a nit with his 3bets?:
    what got me wondering weather or not he was just too tight with his range when doing 3betting is when he has shoved the rest of the money in on the river which would be to late for the flush draws and straight draws. also if i had KK AA or QQ (which is what i tried to rep on the turn) he has stopped the AA KK and QQ doing another value bet on the river. i am thinking this could be one of my leaks really.
    Posted by craigcu12
    I think he has us well beat AND is hoping we have these hands and cant fold. As for leaks we have to assess what his range is for calling the flop and how stong we are against that as to what we do on the turn/river.
  • Options
    grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited March 2014
    What's his range for flatting 3bet pre? Does he 4b top of his range? You don't have to 3b v a tight utg opener

Flop and turn bets way to big imo. Betting smaller also will allow you to sometimes jam a missed river, you couldn't really given stacks here if he checked river

I think flop should be bet most of the time , but if his 3b call range is tight , we kinda only gain v worse draws of which he shouldn't have many

Can he have KQ on river? If so I might be tempted to herocall as played
  • Options
    77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited March 2014

Played fine. Would bet slightly smaller on flop + turn. May just flat pre-flop if you think there really tight.

GT - Hero river? Really? We have the nut worst hand to hero river with.

• Options
    grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: diid i over bet OTT or is it a case of the villian being a nit with his 3bets?:
    Played fine. Would bet slightly smaller on flop + turn. May just flat pre-flop if you think there really tight. GT - Hero river? Really? We have the nut worst hand to hero river with.
    Posted by 77Chris91
    What do u mean by bolded part?

I'm not hero calling v randomers, looking at it again the combination of reads that would make calling an option is unlikely. But there's not that many combos of AA-TT  and we only need to be good ~23%, depends how many Jx hands he plays like this if there are some missed draws in his range. But yeah it's a fold. Hard to give proper analysis on hands like this with no info on villain though
  • Options
    77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: diid i over bet OTT or is it a case of the villian being a nit with his 3bets? : What do u mean by bolded part? I'm not hero calling v randomers, looking at it again the combination of reads that would make calling an option is unlikely. But there's not that many combos of AA-TT  and we only need to be good ~23%, depends how many Jx hands he plays like this if there are some missed draws in his range. But yeah it's a fold. Hard to give proper analysis on hands like this with no info on villain though
    Posted by grantorino
    What I meant is that we block every conceivable FD combo (assuming UTG is as tight as OP says) and some KQ combo's.