You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Social Networking site issue, guidance from a Sky team member please

acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi Rich, or any of the Sky team

I seem to remember Rich saying something about Sky setting up something in Facebook for Sky Poker users (If the Social Networking sites name is not able to be on the froum, please delete the name as necessary)

I have only visited this site once and had issues, I was thinking setting up an account, however upon reading various articles on the web, I now have very serious concerns about the sites confidentiality, it seems that the whole WWW can get access to anybody and eveybodies friend lists.

I wonder if these issues havnt been looked at and solved,  should sky be involved ?

Comments

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited December 2009
    The whole "Confidetiality" thing in facebook (or lack of it) is over rated. You only put on your Profile what you want others to see. Therefor you could just put your name and nothing else. If you want to send people messages privatly you can do that, like you can on here. Photos can be set that only people added as friends can view. You control what you have on there and who can see it. Don't worry there is nothing to be concerned about.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Social Networking site issue, guidance from a Sky team member please:
    The whole "Confidetiality" thing in facebook (or lack of it) is over rated. You only put on your Profile what you want others to see. Therefor you could just put your name and nothing else. If you want to send people messages privatly you can do that, like you can on here. Photos can be set that only people added as friends can view. You control what you have on there and who can see it. Don't worry there is nothing to be concerned about.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hi Charles

Thank yu for the reply m8

The thing is once bitten twice shy, I have had a problem on that site, so further issues brought up become a bigger concern, having worked with confidentiality for 13 years, I know that any breach of confidetiality is never over rated, and have seen what damage a breach can and has done, beleive me it is not nice when other people find out what happend in something that only a few people should have known about and caused very wide ranging problems both for that person, and the place it occured of course creating mistrust, would you really trust somewhere you knew had breached a confidentiality and told all your problems you thought would be kept secret?
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited December 2009
    Barry, each individual person decides what level of information they wish to disclose on Facebook or any other medium such as this forum.
    SkyPoker is already present on Facebook in various ways.
    A SkyPoker group on Facebook reveals nothing more than the list of members who have joined it - and whatever they wish to post within that group.

If people are unhappy with the level of confidentiality on Facebook they should simply avoid it.
    Those who wish to share their enjoyment of SkyPoker via Facebook should be encouraged to do so.
  • Options
    N1CKN1CK Member Posts: 1,453
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Social Networking site issue, guidance from a Sky team member please:
    In Response to Re: Social Networking site issue, guidance from a Sky team member please : Hi Charles Thank yu for the reply m8 The thing is once bitten twice shy, I have had a problem on that site, so further issues brought up become a bigger concern, having worked with confidentiality for 13 years, I know that any breach of confidetiality is never over rated, and have seen what damage a breach can and has done, beleive me it is not nice when other people find out what happend in something that only a few people should have known about and caused very wide ranging problems both for that person, and the place it occured of course creating mistrust, would you really trust somewhere you knew had breached a confidentiality and told all your problems you thought would be kept secret?
    Posted by acebarry10
    as mention before you have privacy settings on face book with you can personalise to who sees what, i do know of a few people who had their FB accounts hacked tho, jp kelly inboxed me a coulple of months ago asking if i could lend him a few dollars which i thought was a bit strange at the time lol, dont worry Bazza il think you will be ok tho
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hi all

I have contacted facebook directly to voice my concerns and see what reply I recieve before I decide what to do next.
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Social Networking site issue, guidance from a Sky team member please : as mention before you have privacy settings on face book with you can personalise to who sees what, i do know of a few people who had their FB accounts hacked tho, jp kelly inboxed me a coulple of months ago asking if i could lend him a few dollars which i thought was a bit strange at the time lol, dont worry Bazza il think you will be ok tho
    Posted by N1CK
    lolololololol
  • Options
    bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
    edited December 2009

when u join the privacy options are not the best (allowing any1 to access your page), but this can be change to only allow friends to view your profile!! the thing that caused a stir recentlyly is that these settings changed without ppl knowing... i think a facebook page would be a good addition to this already excellent poker community!!

what do you think guys???