You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

NL20 flopped set in a multi-way pot

shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
edited April 2014 in Strategy
A potentially butchered hand from last night.

Should I raise flop? 
Should the turn be seen as a scarecard that I should consider checking? 
Is it a snap-call on turn or, multi-way, should I be taking a more cautious line?

UTG raise was a fairly tight but aggressive player, think their open was likely to be mid-premium pairs, big aces and maybe big suited connectors KQs / QJs. Didn't think there was any value in raising here for that reason.

That was part of the reason also behind my call on the flop - 4-way if they had JJ/QQ/KK they wouldn't be continuing with the flopped A - big aces would likely carry on betting any non scary turns and AA obviously crushes me (the only hand I think they'd go with if I raise)

Plus I get to maybe sneak a call from AJ/AQ type hands from the blinds, building a bit of a pot up if I am ahead.

Then when it's checked to me I figure the UTG to be a big pair that has been spooked by the A so throw in a position value-bet, again hoping the blinds have a reasonable ace to have called pre and flop.

Don't know SB at all.

BB is a multi-tabling reg I've played before when they've had some NL10 games in their mix. BB plays their hands very aggressively, I can't recall having called them down and seen many bluffs when playing at NL10, but are definitely going to have some in their range - although 4-way I don't think they would ever be the sort of player to have nothing here - semi-bluff hands like A9, T9, 89 are possible.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
SBSmall blind  £0.10 £0.10 £34.48
BBBig blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.80
  Your hole cards

UTGRaise  £0.60 £0.90 £22.34
shakinaces Call  £0.60 £1.50 £19.40
CO Fold     
BUCall  £0.60 £2.10 £20.24
SBCall  £0.50 £2.60 £33.98
BBCall  £0.40 £3.00 £19.40
Flop

• A

SBCheck     
BBCheck     
UTGBet  £1.50 £4.50 £20.84
shakinaces Call  £1.50 £6.00 £17.90
BUFold     
SBCall  £1.50 £7.50 £32.48
BBCall  £1.50 £9.00 £17.90
Turn

SBCheck     
BBCheck     
UTGCheck     
shakinaces Bet  £6.00 £15.00 £11.90
SBFold     
BBAll-in  £17.90 £32.90 £0.00
UTGFold     
shakinaces ????    

Comments

• alex1229alex1229 Member Posts: 680
    edited April 2014
    No need to raise flop, its a pretty dry board
    Its not a scarecard, but you definetly want to be betting big as you did 
    Snap call turn

What did they have? I assume a set and had you beat?
  • Lambert180Lambert180 Member Posts: 12,197
    edited April 2014
    Yeah don't raise flop, pretty dry board and raising multiway on such a dry board makes you look vvv strong so basically 77/88 exclusively imo.

Good that you bet turn and we have to call it off, no reason to think he can't have A7/A8/AT, maybe A9 that picked up an OESD, maybe Ax that picked up a FD, maybe 8T/9T. Sometimes it'll be J9 (vv rarely 69) and maybe 88/TT (AA is very unlikely) but we definitely beat enough hands to call it off.
  • 77Chris9177Chris91 Member Posts: 375
    edited April 2014
    Fwiw 96/J9 aren't super unlikely as BB is gonna feel priced in with these hands Pre and on the flop considering the action before them.

Even so, there are plenty of other combos that would be willing to Gii on the turn that you crush. Have to call turn, even if villain does show up with a J9 occasionally you still outs.
  • freshfish1freshfish1 Member Posts: 127
    edited April 2014
    call for reasons above. Judging by the way hand is played and you've pooped it on here either AA or a turned TT I guess?
  • grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited April 2014
    Snap call, nh
  • shakinacesshakinaces Member Posts: 1,590
    edited April 2014
    I'm a fish so I sigh called.

Got shown 69s.

Binked an 8 on the river to suckout.

I guess that was why I was thinking a) should I raise flop to charge those hands more and b) is a reg in BB going to make a move like that with original UTG raiser to act, with hands much worse than higher sets / or the straight.

Thanks for the feedback though, sounds like it wasn't the worst hand I've ever played.