You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

NOT A WHINGE,JUST A STATEMENT OF OBSERVATION.

fitzer14fitzer14 Member Posts: 248
edited December 2009 in Poker Chat

After playing on sky poker for a while,i decided to take a break because of so many bad beats and what i believe so many "bingo players" playing now.So after about a fortnight,i thought i would go see how the deep stack crew were doin,missed em all and fancied a banter and game with them.So i Regd. for the 8.15 d/s,my first game on sky for 2 weeks.And sure enough sky is not for me any longer(no bad reflection on sky poker itself)....Blind levels have only increased to 30/60 when i get A-A as hole cards,standard 5xBB raise,one caller(bit of a fish)..flop come Q high on a rainbow board......."fish" bets 460.........i raise all-in fish calls showing Q-3 off...and of course the river shows a 3...lol,so think i will take my cash to the local bingo hall where these people should be.....

Comments

• Options
    bigflop1bigflop1 Member Posts: 1,034
    edited December 2009
    on the river he was a 10% chance to win the hand.. keep at it and you will win 90% of the time.. a percentage most people would be happy with..

if you could see the cards would you want the q - 3 to call you pre flop??? yes you would. just got unlucky
  • Options
    debdobs_67debdobs_67 Member Posts: 3,615
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: NOT A WHINGE,JUST A STATEMENT OF OBSERVATION.:
    on the river he was a 10% chance to win the hand.. keep at it and you will win 90% of the time.. a percentage most people would be happy with.. if you could see the cards would you want the q - 3 to call you pre flop??? yes you would. just got unlucky
    Posted by daz231023
    you will win 90% of the time will ya.lol gl ure gonna need it lol deb xx
  • Options
    LONGPLAYLONGPLAY Member Posts: 232
    edited December 2009
    the majority of every sites players are "poor to very poor",if these mass of players lose as often as their standard suggests they would quit poker very quickly and pursue other forms of gambling,this of course would be a huge dent in a sites earnings and thus they need "assistance" to remain on the site and keep playing and depositing every now and then,bottom line....poor players run significantly better than they should -to keep them playing.
  • Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited December 2009
    the majority of every sites players are "poor to very poor",if these mass of players lose as often as their standard suggests they would quit poker very quickly and pursue other forms of gambling,this of course would be a huge dent in a sites earnings and thus they need "assistance" to remain on the site and keep playing and depositing every now and then,bottom line....poor players run significantly better than they should -to keep them playing.
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    couldn't disagree more  - just the case that you remember getting unlucky but forget when the luck swings your way. How does sky poker gain from having poor quality players - they do not take the benefit - the other players on the site do. 
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    on the river he was a 10% chance to win the hand.. keep at it and you will win 90% of the time.. a percentage most people would be happy with.. if you could see the cards would you want the q - 3 to call you pre flop??? yes you would. just got unlucky
    Posted by daz231023
    Yeah Daz m8....i understand the odds and that m8,like i sed not a whinge,but time after time i find the bingo player where odds have no bearing.what made it harder for me to bear was the fact i took a break was for this identical reason.thnx for ur reply m8...gl to u at the tables Gaz.

Fitz.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: NOT A WHINGE,JUST A STATEMENT OF OBSERVATION. : couldn't disagree more  - just the case that you remember getting unlucky but forget when the luck swings your way. How does sky poker gain from having poor quality players - they do not take the benefit - the other players on the site do. 
    Posted by darich
    Hi Darich.

I dont say i agree with it also.................only that its doin my head in ...lololol

Fitz.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: NOT A WHINGE,JUST A STATEMENT OF OBSERVATION. : couldn't disagree more  - just the case that you remember getting unlucky but forget when the luck swings your way. How does sky poker gain from having poor quality players - they do not take the benefit - the other players on the site do. 
    Posted by darich
    i've already explained why sites try to keep poor players on their sites....the mass of poor players on every site are huge rake earners for the sites,if these players lose as often as their lack of skills suggests  they would soon leave and the site loses big time(rake lost/tourney fees lost/lack of future deposits)
  • Options
    darichdarich Member Posts: 969
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: NOT A WHINGE,JUST A STATEMENT OF OBSERVATION. : i've already explained why sites try to keep poor players on their sites....the mass of poor players on every site are huge rake earners for the sites,if these players lose as often as their lack of skills suggests  they would soon leave and the site loses big time(rake lost/tourney fees lost/lack of future deposits)
    Posted by LONGPLAY
    I know you've explained it, but you're making just another "it's rigged" post, which it isn't - sorry I don't buy it
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: NOT A WHINGE,JUST A STATEMENT OF OBSERVATION. : I know you've explained it, but you're making just another "it's rigged" post, which it isn't - sorry I don't buy it
    Posted by darich
    it's business.