You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Bullets in a Bit of Bother!

freshfish1freshfish1 Member Posts: 127
edited April 2014 in Strategy
Here the is the hand so far:
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £10.16
Hero Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £40.42
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

Fold     
Fold     
Villain Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £23.03
Fold     
Hero Raise  £2.00 £2.90 £38.42
Villain Call  £1.60 £4.50 £21.43
Flop

Hero Bet  £2.25 £6.75 £36.17
Villain Call  £2.25 £9.00 £19.18
Turn

• Q

Hero Bet  £4.50 £13.50 £31.67
Villain All-in  £19.18 £32.68
Hero?

Villain is quite loose but will tighten up when calling 3bets. Usually any PP, middling suited connectors and possible big aces. He will 4b QQ+ and AK in general.

Happy with bet sizing pre. Could bet more on the flop and/or turn for value ... should be looking to GII here?
As played, the raise on the turn sets the alarm bells ringing as this is rarely (if ever) a bluff imo. It looks more like a flopped set or possible KQ/AQ suited at worst. I discounted 53 and 85 as I've not seen villain call 3bets that light. He should know I'm also capable of double barrelling AK like hands here but in that case I think he flats and lets me possibly triple the river. My best assumption is villain has put me on KK/AA and expects me to stack off here.

Should I? Is my suggested range too narrow or does it fit his actions pretty well? I'm guessing there maybe some divided opinions here but welcome all reasoning

Comments

• grantorinograntorino Member Posts: 4,710
    edited April 2014
    I prob bet slightly more on flop and turn but w/e

Not folding, you have only 9 combos of likely hands that beat you, maybe include 1 more for when he doesn't 4b QQ. You only need to be good 1 in 3 call imo

Also surely he sometimes flats sets ip on this board

• freshfish1freshfish1 Member Posts: 127
    edited April 2014
    "you have only 9 combos of likely hands that beat you"

This maybe true, but what about the likely combo's that I beat? Do you think I have narrowed his likely hands range too narrow then? I can't seem his making this move ott with a single 8 or a pair between 99-jj. 76s maybe at a push but I would assume he raises the flop with this hand. Don't see other flush draws, namely ax spades doing this either.

ty for the input btw:)