You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

WE ARE GOING UP! WE ARE GOING UP!

BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
edited April 2014 in The Football Corner
After last season's post-January melt-down, followed by the unbelievable end to the play-offs against Watford when we contrived to miss a stoppage-time penalty and then concede a goal within the next few seconds to complete a spectacular implosion, I thought this was going to be a season of mid-table boredom...

I have never been so pleased to be wrong. I've resisted posting anything about this season's rise to the top of the table for fear of another spectacular balls-up but after Saturday's victory over Burnley I can now say for sure that the mighty Foxes are heading back to the Premiership after a 10-year break.

WE ARE GOING UP! WE ARE GOING UP! WE ARE GOING UP!

:):):):):)

Comments

• Options
    splashiessplashies Member Posts: 3,680
    edited April 2014
    Congratulations, it has been long overdue.

Good to see you recover well after play-off heartbreak, unlike another team I can think of who look like exiting the Football League altogether for the first time since joining in the 1920's :(
  • Options
    achillachill Member Posts: 1,056
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: WE ARE GOING UP! WE ARE GOING UP!:
    Congratulations, it has been long overdue. Good to see you recover well after play-off heartbreak, unlike another team I can think of who look like exiting the Football League altogether for the first time since joining in the 1920's :(
    Posted by splashies
    Yes.

What happened?

I had a £10 treble which would return £1300 before the season started on Wigan, Brentford and Northampton all to be promoted thinking the bet would provide some excitement for the whole season.

Knew the bet was dead at the end of August.
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,308
    edited April 2014
    Brrrr, thoroughly deserved , hope my team can follow you but doubt it (Ipswich)

splashies, thoroughly undeserved, WTF happened
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: WE ARE GOING UP! WE ARE GOING UP! : Yes. What happened? I had a £10 treble which would return £1300 before the season started on Wigan, Brentford and Northampton all to be promoted thinking the bet would provide some excitement for the whole season. Knew the bet was dead at the end of August.
    Posted by achill
    Aidy Boothroyd, is what happened!

It all started with the hammering in last years play-off final. His decision to drop Akinfenwa, our top scorer and fans favourite, in favour of Clive Platt, who hadn't played for 8 weeks. Platt himself admitted he was surprised to be picked.

But his main downfall was his summer recruitment. With a top 6 budget, he failed to make a single good signing. He let Akinfenwa go, much to the annoyance of Akinfenwa and the fans. "Don't worry" he says, he had a list of 15 strikers that are better than him......

None of those 15 signed, in fact not a single senior striker was signed.

Anyway come Dec 21st, after a 4-1 home defeat, which sent us to the bottom of the league, he was duly sacked.

And now, this is where the chairman is to blame.....

He took 5 weeks to appoint/pinch Chris Wilder from Oxford. A very good appointment imo, but it only left him 4 days of the transfer window to overhaul the squad. He did his best and got 8 players in. But it was an impossible job really to do good business in 4 days.

Results picked up a bit, but didn't last long. I can't see us winning any of our last 6 games and relegation is inevitable. I really hope I'm wrong, but i doubt i am.

We've used 47 players this season and spent a fortune on wages.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

And where is Aidy Boothroyd now, I hear you ask?

England U20 Manager

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

We're screwed!!!

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Haha the football league getting involved in April Fool's Day by nominating one of our players for player of the month.

• Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited April 2014
    Congratulations, it has been long overdue. Good to see you recover well after play-off heartbreak, unlike another team I can think of who look like exiting the Football League altogether for the first time since joining in the 1920's :(
    Posted by splashies
    hopefully your boys will catch wycombe they are only 3 points ahead of you. trying to get tickets for your place easter monday. our end is going to sell out quick whats the chances of getting a ticket matchday?
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: WE ARE GOING UP! WE ARE GOING UP! : hopefully your boys will catch wycombe they are only 3 points ahead of you. trying to get tickets for your place easter monday. our end is going to sell out quick whats the chances of getting a ticket matchday?
    Posted by BADBOY985

Next to none as we'll probably up your away allocation anyway, so there wont be many home seats left.

On matchday they may only sell to people on the database in home areas.

We have Wycombe away on Good Friday. Huge game
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: WE ARE GOING UP! WE ARE GOING UP! : Next to none as we'll probably up your away allocation anyway, so there wont be many home seats left. On matchday they may only sell to people on the database in home areas. We have Wycombe away on Good Friday. Huge game
    Posted by splashies
    thanks for that. hopefully will be able to get tickets from mates with season tickets whos wifes wont stamp the bank holiday hall pass. 
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ok no worries, let us know how you get on.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Splashies,

I'll be praying for your cobblers

Lets hope they have a good easter

Father V
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you Father.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Posted by splashies

Cheers Splashies :) As for Northampton, I think Wilder is a good appointment - you've still got a chance of escaping. I think Torquay are the only ones doomed so far.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    CONGRATULATIONS brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Cheers! :)

I think with Leicester's success and Man United's lack of success it has been one of the most enjoyable seasons of my life! Premier League here we come!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Matt237Matt237 Member Posts: 1,785
    edited April 2014
    Send Jacob Blyth back to Leamington on loan next season please :-)
  • Options
    rainman397rainman397 Member Posts: 1,394
    edited April 2014
    COME ON YOU BEES, CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT SEASON FOR THE MIGHTY BRENTFORD, FOLLOWED BY CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN 2 SEASONS TIME.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    COME ON YOU BEES, CHAMPIONSHIP NEXT SEASON FOR THE MIGHTY BRENTFORD, FOLLOWED BY CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IN 2 SEASONS TIME. All the best Rainman397
    Posted by rainman397

Really pleased for Brentford....amazing to think that two teams who both managed to miss a penalty at the death and then see their opponents score a goal to deny them of automatic promotion/play-off final place, could have the character to bounce back so well the following season! :)
  • Options
    rainman397rainman397 Member Posts: 1,394
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: WE ARE GOING UP! WE ARE GOING UP! : Really pleased for Brentford....amazing to think that two teams who both managed to miss a penalty at the death and then see their opponents score a goal to deny them of automatic promotion/play-off final place, could have the character to bounce back so well the following season! :)
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Good luck in the top flight next season.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    WE ARE GOING UP...
    AS THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

#nigelpearsonisthespecialone 
  • Options
    diablo_pezdiablo_pez Member Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2014
    Congrats, hopefully the mighty Rams will join you via the playoffs - even if it does guarantee you 6 points next season!!